GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Treated like dirt...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/08 at 22:18
Regular
"Hello?"
Since I've had my PS3 I really haven't been all that impressed with the PSN store. Tonight has really topped it of. I know us Brits always feel like we are the last ones to get the release dates on games and thats providing the games are actually released in this country!

I'm eagerly awating the release of Devil May Cry 4 and must have watched the trailers over and over again that are available on the PSN network. I was a bit bemused that there wasn't a demo available to play as the release date i believe is next friday. I mean it's got to be one of the most highly anticipated games to come out the first half of this year.

To satisfy my curiousity I browsed around the net for more information on it and stumbled upon an American site that had a forum and people were like 'man (sorry 'dude') that demo they released was cool (wrong again I mean 'sweet').

****WHAT?!?!?!***

I was just on the PSN store and could see no sign of a demo for it only video trailers? Maybe I was going mad???

It wasn't there.

I found out that once again we're the last to get a glimpse of it. It does annoy me to be honest. I mean we pay probably the most in the world for our entertainment goods, new games are £40-£50. How are we repayed? It seems like we're not!

I don't see why everything is release globablly on the same date?! We've got the same piece of kit the Americans and Japenese have so why the delay? I don't even really mind if the release dates are out by a few days it would just be nice to know that we were thought of when they go handing out the cookies!!!

...Guess that's the rant over!
Thu 31/01/08 at 12:17
"possibly impossible"
There are demos and games appearing here before the US as well, on PSN and in the shops, so it does work both ways.

Depends who the developers are, whether the game has to be localised and whether the ratings system hold up the games (even demos and trailers have to be rated before being released).

and look at GT5 Prologue demo on the Japanese store only with their new fancy online mode too. Do we or the US get to see it? Nope.
Wed 30/01/08 at 17:23
"There is onlyONE!!!"
we may get games before you but we have so many problems with them its point less i own the ps3 it has so many glitches its unreal so i would say its better for u guys

well thats my view on this topic
Wed 30/01/08 at 16:55
Regular
"THFC"
Yea i agree - the ps3 is now multi-region why cant we have things as early as america?

Its just annoying, even back in the old days when you couldnt even get a game cos it never came out in England
Suikoden 3 :'(
i didnt wana chip my playstation as i heard bad things about doing so. as a result i missed out big time
Wed 30/01/08 at 08:35
Regular
"Hello?"
Garin wrote:

>
> And as far as demos are concerned, its hardly a huge effort to
> create a US PSN account and download them from the US store.

I know it's not hard but why should we have to do that. You have to put in a false address to get the registration. All I'm to say is that I think all PS3 users are entitled to the same free demos. We shouldn't have to make up a fake account to do so.
Wed 30/01/08 at 00:35
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
You can just as easily reverse this. Do you think its fair for other regions to wait until a game is localised for all global markets?

And as far as demos are concerned, its hardly a huge effort to create a US PSN account and download them from the US store.
Tue 29/01/08 at 22:18
Regular
"Hello?"
Since I've had my PS3 I really haven't been all that impressed with the PSN store. Tonight has really topped it of. I know us Brits always feel like we are the last ones to get the release dates on games and thats providing the games are actually released in this country!

I'm eagerly awating the release of Devil May Cry 4 and must have watched the trailers over and over again that are available on the PSN network. I was a bit bemused that there wasn't a demo available to play as the release date i believe is next friday. I mean it's got to be one of the most highly anticipated games to come out the first half of this year.

To satisfy my curiousity I browsed around the net for more information on it and stumbled upon an American site that had a forum and people were like 'man (sorry 'dude') that demo they released was cool (wrong again I mean 'sweet').

****WHAT?!?!?!***

I was just on the PSN store and could see no sign of a demo for it only video trailers? Maybe I was going mad???

It wasn't there.

I found out that once again we're the last to get a glimpse of it. It does annoy me to be honest. I mean we pay probably the most in the world for our entertainment goods, new games are £40-£50. How are we repayed? It seems like we're not!

I don't see why everything is release globablly on the same date?! We've got the same piece of kit the Americans and Japenese have so why the delay? I don't even really mind if the release dates are out by a few days it would just be nice to know that we were thought of when they go handing out the cookies!!!

...Guess that's the rant over!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.