GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"At Midnight Tonight"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/05/02 at 19:50
Regular
At midnight tonight, something magical and unforgettable will happen. You could also call it a 'Once in a Lifetime Experience'! It's something that cannot be ignored by all Nintys, and gamers respectively.
I bet you all think "Yep, he's talking about the GameCube's UK launch!"
Well you're close, but you'll find you're still quite 'cold' and far from guessing right as you read on...

Yes, the GameCube will officially be available from 12:00:01 tonight, but something incredible will also happen to all fans of 'The Big N' at this exact same time.

No matter where you are, who you're with, or even what you're doing, a ghostly-blue Zelda-style spotlight will appear right infront of your very eyes! And without any real sense of what you're actually doing or where you are, strange forces from beyond the 'N' will for one reason or another take full control of your possesed body and guide you into the light to guide you away from the darkness of the night.
Others will look on in amazement and suddenly wish they had taken an effection to Nintendo, as they find they are not on the Guest List to move into the light - and beyond.

You'll barely notice what's happened to you, and it doesn't get any easier trying to understand what goes on next!
You'll suddenly awaken, lying on the floor of a dried-out, abandonned 'nowhere', where nothing is visible for the miles you can see around you. As you rise to your feet, you feel like you've had a night out on the town, but it all seems a lot clearer - and less painfull!
One thing you'll suddenly notice is that you're now fully dressed, and strangely equipped with enough armoury and weapons to put an end to the war and terror currently on-going in Israel!
You wonder "Why... WHY.. WHYYYYY??!!!!" - and suddenly, the hot sun dissapears as the dark clouds with a sense of tension in the air tells you something big's about to happen!

You're stomach begins to turn as you find yourself feeling not-too-chirpy, with reminisant memories of Nintendo games of trhe past. You think of the Temple Guardians of Ocarina of Time, you remember King Bowser and all his fire-breathing might, and you somehow know that within the next few minutes, something's gunna make you really wish that you hadn't stepped into that mysterious light!!
Suddnely, you hear the foot-steps of a Giant as the ground starts to quake! And with one deep, strong intake of oxygen, you draw out your Sword and swivel around to meet your ultimate test...

I can't tell you what exactly your 'test' is, as you've already made that descision. But one thing I can tell you is that you won't like it, and it'll certainly be no Piece of Cake!
But I can give you an idea as to who/what you may be facing...
Think of some of the great Nintendo games and adventures you've played in over the years... and more importantly, think of the bosses and enemies...
No matter who it is; Gannondorf, Wario, or maybe even a Goomba, the one Nintendo character that sends chills down your spine will be there, ready for action! And it's a battle 'till the end, the winner takes home the sacred 'Nintendo GameCube' - currently in the possesion of the mighty Japanese, taken from it's rightfull home in the mighty Kingdom of United.

In order to bring the 'Console of Generations' back into it's rightfull place, you'll have to overcome your fear and defeat that evil one who sticks in your mind!
But are you upto the challenge??? Are you 'The One' who can restore the mighty 'GameCube' back to it's rightfull place????
Only time will tell, so you'd better be ready for it!

Beat this test and you'll prove to all others of the 'Gaming World' around you that you truly are worthy of becoming a 'Ninty'!

Tonight, just after midnight, you can't avoid it if the 'Console of Generations' really is in your sights! And one more thing, if you wait around and plan your attacks for too long, you may find that Evil has placed it's hands on the Console, and Hell will soon be upon us all!!

Good luck! And may the power and wisdom of the mighty Nintendo warrior 'Shigeru' be with you....
Thu 02/05/02 at 22:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
you should be able to, but I'm not 100% sure.
Thu 02/05/02 at 22:00
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Can anyone confirm if i can play on the Gamecube tomorrow in SR stapleford? Cause i wanna play on it before i buy, weither or not how good everyone says it is. :-p cheers
Thu 02/05/02 at 21:52
Regular
It's like Christmas all over again...:D

Dammit, forgot to change me name to Christmas Deutsch again...
Thu 02/05/02 at 20:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm in a situation and I don't know what to do. I can collect my GC at midnight tonight. This will however mean a 1 hour bike ride to the shop and another hour of peddling home in no doubt will be a freezing cold night complete with rain.

Or I can force myself to goto bed and pick it up in the morning around 9:30. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, the need to play Rogue Leader is getting too much...
Thu 02/05/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I reckon Colchester is going to be filled to the brim with all age groups wanting there hands on the Cube, i wish i was going, you can buy your cube, play on the Demo Pods, get free stuff, it sounds brilliant but 12:00 i don't think i can stay awake, nevermind hopefully i will get my Cube 2moro and i can have some fun. :) Luigi's mansion, Star Wars Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball and Wave Race Blue Storm are finally going to be mine i've waited so long!!!!
Thu 02/05/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh, that's just a coincidence! Wow, you've been here 21 days already!! :)

So how do you lot who've pre-ordered think you'll do when you face your worst fears tonight????

What??? You thought I made this up!! :O
I could never make up anything this good! :)
Thu 02/05/02 at 20:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
At Midnight Tonight...

I thought you were talking about the fact I will be 21 days old tomorrow, at midnight! I'll have to post lots of messages to get to become a regular though...
Thu 02/05/02 at 20:08
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Twain wrote:
> I reckon there'll be a queue from Norwich's Virgin Megastore in the
> Castle Mall all the way to Cromer, filled with people just waiting to
> get their hands on the little purple beast!

That will be a long old que mate! (about 25 miles), anyway i'm going down into Cromer to get mine from my local Woolworths. I'll walk in, £200 in one hand and deposit reciept in the other. I'll hand over the receipt and the person behind the till will produce a bag of goodies, i'll slap the £190 on the till (and use the extra £10 for C.Ds) and walk out, GC in hand.
This will be one of the greatest moments of my life so far, and I can't wait!

God bless Nintendo for this moment!

The BIGMAN :-)
Thu 02/05/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh- it's a little black beast in my case!
Thu 02/05/02 at 19:56
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I reckon there'll be a queue from Norwich's Virgin Megastore in the Castle Mall all the way to Cromer, filled with people just waiting to get their hands on the little purple beast!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.