GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"JSRF"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/05/02 at 13:57
Regular
Hi peeps.

I just recently bought jet set radio future and i have to say, i'm disappointed. Everyone gave it amazing reviews so i splashed out and got it and it is just crap. I felt like a big baby playing on one of those disney platform games. The graphics aren't anything to shout about and the gameplay and objectives are s**t. Spraying graffitti on walls??? I dunno wot all the fuss about. I am a die hard xbox fan but this game is s**t.
Thu 02/05/02 at 13:57
Hi peeps.

I just recently bought jet set radio future and i have to say, i'm disappointed. Everyone gave it amazing reviews so i splashed out and got it and it is just crap. I felt like a big baby playing on one of those disney platform games. The graphics aren't anything to shout about and the gameplay and objectives are s**t. Spraying graffitti on walls??? I dunno wot all the fuss about. I am a die hard xbox fan but this game is s**t.
Thu 02/05/02 at 14:34
Regular
JSRF is a game that's hard to get into, but I think it's class.
It's the kind of game that you have to master in order to get the most out of it.
As for the graphics - they are superb. Realism isn't everything you know.
Thu 02/05/02 at 19:57
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
right on nomad, the graphics are great and the levels are big, JSRF is one of those games where you have to play allot before you truely fall in love with the smooth gameplay and the great graphics, I give it 2 days before your back on this forum saying you cant get enough if it!!!, just make sure you play it!!!.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:17
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Just recieved this game today.

At first, I hated the game. I couldn't think of a game that had been worse than this. BUT the game really grew on me. Before I knew it, I had been on it for 3 hrs, and couldn't come off it!

Give it some time.
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:15
as the likes of max payne are this is a true marmite game :) but I base the marmite feel to it on the music u either love it or hate it :)
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:22
Regular
JSRF is so far my favourite Xbox game.

*1/3 "story mode" - (adds depth).
*1/3 "street challenges" - (find the large cassettes in each level to unlock special tasks).
*1/3 "time trials" - (jet graffiti, jet technique, jet dash, jet flag, plus multiplayer mode).

I will admit that it can be frustrating, but the more you play, the more you master it, and the more fun it becomes.
So far I've clocked up 40 hours game time.
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:29
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> JSRF is so far my favourite Xbox game.
>
> *1/3 "story mode" - (adds depth).
> *1/3 "street challenges" - (find the large cassettes in each
> level to unlock special tasks).
> *1/3 "time trials" - (jet graffiti, jet technique, jet dash,
> jet flag, plus multiplayer mode).
>
> I will admit that it can be frustrating, but the more you play, the
> more you master it, and the more fun it becomes.
> So far I've clocked up 40 hours game time.

Woah 40 hours, how far you got with the game. I have about 25 hours on the clock with Story mode and ALL the challenges complete, also unlocked 4 characters from doing the trials.
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:33
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
What are you talking about? JSRF is one amazing game. Give it time and it will grow on you.

Marmite music? I know exactly what you mean. Two tracks early on in the game stink, someone around here said it reminded them of cats screeching, which is spot on! The music gets better as the game progresses in my opinion, becoming more westernised. I've had the game a few weeks but strangly I have only been playing it for 10 hours (it seams like way longer). Im just about to go up against the Noise Tanks, you know, a spray their back bit.

Every thing about the game is original and fresh. I love it, as good as the first in my opinion, which is VERY good.
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:36
Regular
adrian wrote:
> Woah 40 hours, how far you got with the game. I have about 25 hours on
> the clock with Story mode and ALL the challenges complete, also
> unlocked 4 characters from doing the trials.

I've finished the story mode, and done all the challenges except the "Skyscraper Disrict" and "Fortified Residential Zone" because I can't find the bloomin' cassette tapes!
*Any ideas where they are?*

I've got a couple of Jet ratings on the time trials but I haven't unlocked any new characters yet.
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> I've finished the story mode, and done all the challenges except the
> "Skyscraper Disrict" and "Fortified Residential
> Zone" because I can't find the bloomin' cassette tapes!
> *Any ideas where they are?*

www.gamefaqs.com

I remember where the cassette is for the Skyscraper. If you have been to the Pharoho head, there is a mesh net under that area and the start area. If you go down there then its some where down there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.