GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC bundles @Virgin Megastores"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/05/02 at 21:06
Regular
In all the shops I know of that are near where I live and that sell the Game Cube from Friday (Electronincs Boutique, GAME, Big W, Dixons and Virgin) are all selling it at £130.
However, buy a "special deal" from Virgin Megastores and you might in for a little shock...
We all know that Game Cube gamesc cost between £35-40. That means buying two games will be no more than £80 (easy sum which is good 'cos I ain't too hot at maths..!)
Anyways, Virgin's "saver" bundle deal for 1 Cube and a controller plus two games will set you back £230. You've guessed it! The sneaky ejits are selling the stuff for an extra £20!
Because of Ninty's price change, Virgin think it's acceptable to charge extra to poor punters who don't know they're getting ripped off!!!
Thankyou all for reading my little rant! :-)
Wed 01/05/02 at 21:06
Regular
"thursdayton!"
In all the shops I know of that are near where I live and that sell the Game Cube from Friday (Electronincs Boutique, GAME, Big W, Dixons and Virgin) are all selling it at £130.
However, buy a "special deal" from Virgin Megastores and you might in for a little shock...
We all know that Game Cube gamesc cost between £35-40. That means buying two games will be no more than £80 (easy sum which is good 'cos I ain't too hot at maths..!)
Anyways, Virgin's "saver" bundle deal for 1 Cube and a controller plus two games will set you back £230. You've guessed it! The sneaky ejits are selling the stuff for an extra £20!
Because of Ninty's price change, Virgin think it's acceptable to charge extra to poor punters who don't know they're getting ripped off!!!
Thankyou all for reading my little rant! :-)
Wed 01/05/02 at 21:09
Regular
"hit the road jack"
"feeling coned coned coned"
*drums & jamacian music*
"felling coned coned coned"
Wed 01/05/02 at 21:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
thats nice...
:-)
Wed 01/05/02 at 21:14
Regular
Well to correct you there they have changed them, I sent them an email about it. I thinks its

GC, Controller, a game and a £50 voucher book for £160
GC, Controller, 2 Games and a £50 voucher book for £190
Wed 01/05/02 at 21:39
Regular
"thursdayton!"
thanks JoeDark. They had the prices I mentioned when I went in yesterday though.
Wed 01/05/02 at 21:49
Regular
they said they were changing them on friday
Thu 02/05/02 at 09:01
Regular
"Tag as above"
Thats nothing, Freemans want £269 for a gamecube and one game, and thats after they dropped the price.
Thu 02/05/02 at 12:18
Regular
Virgin Mega Store screwing it's customers...

Sorry, old joke!
Thu 02/05/02 at 12:19
Regular
Virgin Mega Store screwing it's customers...

Sorry, old joke!
Thu 02/05/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
>JC941< wrote:
> "feeling coned coned coned"
> *drums & jamacian music*
> "felling coned coned coned"

Nutter :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.