GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It never rains, just pi**es it down."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/05/02 at 19:48
Regular
I have had a disastrous day. First lesson, teacher calls me over and asks for a word. She takes me outside and tells me I’m being kicked out of AS IT! WTF! She says I’m not brainy enough. This coming from a woman who doesn’t know what ADSL stands for (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line). Obviously not everyone knows that but surely an A-level IT teacher should. The real reason I’m failing is because I don’t try. I learn nothing new and so just drift off in class! In my opinion, IT (and probably most other subjects) is diluted for the mainstream. Still, I’ve recently been given a job for a software company. Okay, admittedly the Software Company, Dark Circle, is quite small, and my job is Chief Morale Officer but still…erm…?
C’EST la vie, I suppose. Oh well, I’m off to drown my depression at Abraham’s (Huddersfield) and watch a band, Winston, with some mates. It’s got the smallest moshpit ever, but since it’s the only Alternative club in Huddersfield (and I’m still recovering from a fractured wrist), it should be cool.

P.S. Check out www.darkcircle.co.uk and give ‘em a few hits. Please remember that their game is still in early development, and is nowhere near finished!
Wed 01/05/02 at 20:11
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> haha i got 60/60 in my AS level ICT coursework - kiss my a.ss!
>
> ----------
>
> I hate you
>
> Ah well, I'm so cocky about my skill with computers I've never taken a
> PC course in my life. No, not even business studies, where you use a
> PC like every lesson
>
> Plus, I couldn't take ICT even if I'd wanted to, as it clashed with
> Drama (which I wanted to take more) back when we decided what lessons
> we wanted to do

i havnt used a computer once in business studies
Wed 01/05/02 at 20:09
Regular
"That's right!"
Mr. Chainsaw wrote:

----------

I hate you

Ah well, I'm so cocky about my skill with computers I've never taken a PC course in my life. No, not even business studies, where you use a PC like every lesson

Plus, I couldn't take ICT even if I'd wanted to, as it clashed with Drama (which I wanted to take more) back when we decided what lessons we wanted to do
Wed 01/05/02 at 20:01
bah, lighten up
Wed 01/05/02 at 19:59
Regular
Mr. Chainsaw wrote:

That's it, kick someone when they're down....

Idiot.
Wed 01/05/02 at 19:58
haha i got 60/60 in my AS level ICT coursework - kiss my a.ss!
Wed 01/05/02 at 19:56
"Mimmargh!"
Heh! Thats life, my advice: get drunk.

:0)
Wed 01/05/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I have had a disastrous day. First lesson, teacher calls me over and asks for a word. She takes me outside and tells me I’m being kicked out of AS IT! WTF! She says I’m not brainy enough. This coming from a woman who doesn’t know what ADSL stands for (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line). Obviously not everyone knows that but surely an A-level IT teacher should. The real reason I’m failing is because I don’t try. I learn nothing new and so just drift off in class! In my opinion, IT (and probably most other subjects) is diluted for the mainstream. Still, I’ve recently been given a job for a software company. Okay, admittedly the Software Company, Dark Circle, is quite small, and my job is Chief Morale Officer but still…erm…?
C’EST la vie, I suppose. Oh well, I’m off to drown my depression at Abraham’s (Huddersfield) and watch a band, Winston, with some mates. It’s got the smallest moshpit ever, but since it’s the only Alternative club in Huddersfield (and I’m still recovering from a fractured wrist), it should be cool.

P.S. Check out www.darkcircle.co.uk and give ‘em a few hits. Please remember that their game is still in early development, and is nowhere near finished!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.