GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy - We Love it!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/01/08 at 10:19
Regular
"THFC"
Final Fantasy is a much loved series by gamers everywhere. It placed third in the all times most sold games series, beaten by Mario and Zelda. It has commanded respect and created magical moments which people will never forget. Thank you Squaresoft / Square-enix!!

I am sure I do not really need to give much introduction to what has become an essential in gaming. Nearly everyone on this site will have played or heard of the series (oh and if you haven’t, please go buy one, it will change your life)

I first started my Fantasy with the 7th installment. I had seen a friend play it, but I had never had a Playstation, I always had Nintendo consoles. But I saved my money and got a Ps-one, I bought Final Fantasy VII and a memory card. I had never played an RPG before, and it all seemed a bit strange at first. I was used to Goldeneye and Mario Kart. Suddenly I had options, I could level up, go play mini games, advance in what can only be described as the amazing storyline.

I worked my way through 40 hours, which I enjoyed endlessly, but I had a Golden Choccobo, I was doing 9999 damage on most hits, and I beat Sephiroth. It was all good and I was left with memories of my Favorite game I had ever played. I went and picked up VIII, started playing it and while I was enjoying it, it couldn’t do the same as VII had, it lacked something, I still don’t know what, but it is a great game and a must play for any fan who has not done so!

Again, I found myself wanting to play something as good as VII, so IX was next on my list. The graphics were good, the characters were fun, the story was brilliant and I think it is among the strongest in the Final Fantasy titles. Once I had completed IX, number X was a long way off. I saw images, movies, I had it pre-ordered, and I couldn’t wait to get it. I think I played some of the earlier ones in the middle, but X was all I wanted.

The day of release and it was mine, I begun to play it, was amazed at the graphics, the trailer where Sin attacks Zanarkand, just blew my mind. The sphere grid was a nice change, and allowed for a lot of flexibility. I found it very hard in places, but it had captured my heart, just like VII had. But like all good things, it must come to an end. I have since gone back and played VII a few more times, I am now restarting X and still think it’s amazing. I have forgotten a lot of what happens and how engrossing it is. I’m sure we have all done the, I’ll play til the next save, ok maybe the next one. Or just one more level, but then someone else is close so you do that. I’ve ended up playing like an hour longer then I intended to just because I think the games are so addicting.
I know they aint everyone’s cup of tea, but anyone who likes games can appreciate what the Final Fantasy series offers. I liked Final Fantasy XII, but for me it didn’t live up to some of the others. I didn’t like the loss of the ATB (active turn battle) and a few other things just made it seem, not a Final Fantasy.

With XIII on the horizon I wait with high hopes, but I am not sure if it will be as good, but only time will tell. The graphics will be fantastic and I’m hoping for a brilliant story which will leave a lasting impression.
Everyone has their favorites, but just wondering how yours stack up. Personally my top 5 would have to be
Final Fantasy 7,10,9,12,8

Agree or disagree, they are all among the best games I have played and created memories which other games have failed to do.
Thank you Square for all your wonderful work on what I hope to be an even longer series of immense games. Please add comments on which are your favourites, characters, how they can improve etc etc.
Thu 31/01/08 at 18:13
"possibly impossible"
I'm not a big FF fan. But then I don't have the hours to plough through games like this, the last proper turn based combat RPG style game I played through was Skies of Arcadia oh so many years ago.
Thu 31/01/08 at 14:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I don't hate it, i just find it very average, i didn't really care that much about the characters or the story and the villain was weak. I think i spent more playtime just playing Blitzball than i did the main story.
Tue 29/01/08 at 11:53
Regular
"THFC"
I don't understand where all the hate for X is coming from.

Can people please say why they don't like it. I mean the graphics are great. The characters have background, the story i think is pretty solid. Great mini games, and the sphere grid allows for your characters to be the way you want them.

They don't have a set route.

But im curious as to why everyone seems to really hate this game
Mon 28/01/08 at 21:32
"There is onlyONE!!!"
i agree with u that ff7 was the best final fantasy game of all time but twelve was not that bad i fo7und it alittle mor challengeing than any other ff titel because it wasn't that easy to get money but it was an over all good game but since im the only one to have posted a walk throug for it i think im alone on this one

as for ten that was the biggest joke of a game to ever be put in to the the gameing world dont get me wrong blitz ball was awsome that game had far to many twists in it for me to follow

most of the origenals were decent games but after seven was unleashed they couldn't top it!!!!!!
Mon 28/01/08 at 15:39
Regular
"THFC"
I am yet to play Tactics on the PSP, but i am saving it as i am going to Miami in March, so thought it can kill the plane journey!

I have to agree with 13 not being as anticipated at the others, and the slip from Fame is apparent. But i still think they are top notch.

Just the more i think about it, the more i was disappointed with 12.

I have to disagree with you on X - i love that game, and blitzball is a brilliant lil mini game to have aswell.
Mon 28/01/08 at 14:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
My favourites are 7, Tactics, 6, 5 and 9. The series started to go downhill at 8, picked up again with 9 but then gradually got worse and worse as the series carried on. Tactics advance was a joke to the Tactics name, 10 was generic and unspectacular although Blitzball did rule, X-2 was a effin shambles, haven't played 11 and 12's Battle System was horrid and the story was boring so i gave that up after about ten hours of play.

FF 13 is probably the first FF i am not really bothered about and not just because i don't have a PS3 at the moment, there's just far better RPG's out now and coming out that FF has slipped all the way to the back of my list something i would have probably thought impossible after 7 came out.
Mon 28/01/08 at 10:19
Regular
"THFC"
Final Fantasy is a much loved series by gamers everywhere. It placed third in the all times most sold games series, beaten by Mario and Zelda. It has commanded respect and created magical moments which people will never forget. Thank you Squaresoft / Square-enix!!

I am sure I do not really need to give much introduction to what has become an essential in gaming. Nearly everyone on this site will have played or heard of the series (oh and if you haven’t, please go buy one, it will change your life)

I first started my Fantasy with the 7th installment. I had seen a friend play it, but I had never had a Playstation, I always had Nintendo consoles. But I saved my money and got a Ps-one, I bought Final Fantasy VII and a memory card. I had never played an RPG before, and it all seemed a bit strange at first. I was used to Goldeneye and Mario Kart. Suddenly I had options, I could level up, go play mini games, advance in what can only be described as the amazing storyline.

I worked my way through 40 hours, which I enjoyed endlessly, but I had a Golden Choccobo, I was doing 9999 damage on most hits, and I beat Sephiroth. It was all good and I was left with memories of my Favorite game I had ever played. I went and picked up VIII, started playing it and while I was enjoying it, it couldn’t do the same as VII had, it lacked something, I still don’t know what, but it is a great game and a must play for any fan who has not done so!

Again, I found myself wanting to play something as good as VII, so IX was next on my list. The graphics were good, the characters were fun, the story was brilliant and I think it is among the strongest in the Final Fantasy titles. Once I had completed IX, number X was a long way off. I saw images, movies, I had it pre-ordered, and I couldn’t wait to get it. I think I played some of the earlier ones in the middle, but X was all I wanted.

The day of release and it was mine, I begun to play it, was amazed at the graphics, the trailer where Sin attacks Zanarkand, just blew my mind. The sphere grid was a nice change, and allowed for a lot of flexibility. I found it very hard in places, but it had captured my heart, just like VII had. But like all good things, it must come to an end. I have since gone back and played VII a few more times, I am now restarting X and still think it’s amazing. I have forgotten a lot of what happens and how engrossing it is. I’m sure we have all done the, I’ll play til the next save, ok maybe the next one. Or just one more level, but then someone else is close so you do that. I’ve ended up playing like an hour longer then I intended to just because I think the games are so addicting.
I know they aint everyone’s cup of tea, but anyone who likes games can appreciate what the Final Fantasy series offers. I liked Final Fantasy XII, but for me it didn’t live up to some of the others. I didn’t like the loss of the ATB (active turn battle) and a few other things just made it seem, not a Final Fantasy.

With XIII on the horizon I wait with high hopes, but I am not sure if it will be as good, but only time will tell. The graphics will be fantastic and I’m hoping for a brilliant story which will leave a lasting impression.
Everyone has their favorites, but just wondering how yours stack up. Personally my top 5 would have to be
Final Fantasy 7,10,9,12,8

Agree or disagree, they are all among the best games I have played and created memories which other games have failed to do.
Thank you Square for all your wonderful work on what I hope to be an even longer series of immense games. Please add comments on which are your favourites, characters, how they can improve etc etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.