GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident.... Strange???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/05/02 at 18:22
Regular
I just found out something very strange and surprising to me about the forthcoming Resident Evil film.

No, it's not about the film itself, no, it's not about the soundtrack either - although i'm glad to see Ill Nino on it, it's about one of the actors in the film.

Anyone who's been watching Dream Team for the last few years will know him a Luis Amor Rodriguez, but Martin Crewes is apparently in this highly-anticipated blockbuster!!
I can't believe that an English guy like him who's never appeared in anything decent before in his life, gets the chance to appear in something like Resident Evil! Then again, when was the last time we saw that Mila Jokovic in a film since the Fifth Element!

My only worries about this film concern the selection of the cast.
Fri 03/05/02 at 13:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> When we invaded countries, we didn't mass murder 6 million people like
> the Nazis
>
> And look at the stuff the Americans did in Vietnam, and even in WW2
> (knocking the teeth out of the Japanese dead soldiers mouths so they
> could sell them) Makes me sick

Then again, we did invent the concentration camp, but we did not use it in the same sick way as the Nazis or Stalin
Fri 03/05/02 at 12:07
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> ", when was the last time we saw that Mila Jokovic in a film
> since the Fifth Element!"
>
> She was in Joan Of Arc, which was basically Braveheart 2 if you ask
> me, as, once again, the British were shown as evil and the French as
> heroes. Oh, wait, the Patriot was Braveheart 2, so this must be
> Braveheart 3, heh
>
> So many anti-British films! Heh

Sorry MoJo but I have to strongly dissagree!! Fistly it wasn't the "British" who were prtrayed as being the baddies in Braveheart it was the English King!! However I do agree with you on the Patriot score!

I have seen Resident Evil and thought it wasn't all it's being cracked up to be! By the end of the movie your left with a sort of "is that it?!?" feeling. Course this is just my opionion! This film is like the game only you don't have to do any controlling, and you don't get as excited about it!
Thu 02/05/02 at 23:34
Regular
"That's right!"
When we invaded countries, we didn't mass murder 6 million people like the Nazis

And look at the stuff the Americans did in Vietnam, and even in WW2 (knocking the teeth out of the Japanese dead soldiers mouths so they could sell them) Makes me sick
Thu 02/05/02 at 22:45
Regular
"95% organic"
Brits are always the bad guys cos we're not going to kick up a fuss about it... and that's because in reality, the British have actually had quite a sinister history... I wouldn't necessarily blame the Resident Evil/zombie problem on Britain though, I blame that on the Swedish (?)
Thu 02/05/02 at 22:16
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
cipro wrote:
>
> And what is it with film makers using us British as the bad guys? Why
> don't they try something origanal for once? I think we should have a
> film where America is the enemy and the evil bad guys, that'll turn a
> few heads in hollywood.

Because, in history, Britan were the baddies, taking over the world.

Like McDonalds, but more violent.
Thu 02/05/02 at 12:18
Regular
"That's right!"
Being a big film buff, I've already seen Resident Evil, and it's pretty good. I understood it all despite having only played Resident Evil 1 for about 10 minutes. Worth seeing
Thu 02/05/02 at 11:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> ", when was the last time we saw that Mila Jokovic in a film
> since the Fifth Element!"
>
> She was in Joan Of Arc, which was basically Braveheart 2 if you ask
> me, as, once again, the British were shown as evil and the French as
> heroes. Oh, wait, the Patriot was Braveheart 2, so this must be
> Braveheart 3, heh
>
> So many anti-British films! Heh

Joan of Arc was a pile of pants except for the big fight scene in the middle. Milla Jokovich was awful as the lead and the story was just so bloody confusing. The Patriot was alright, but the film felt more like an action yarn, not a historical epic.

And what is it with film makers using us British as the bad guys? Why don't they try something origanal for once? I think we should have a film where America is the enemy and the evil bad guys, that'll turn a few heads in hollywood.

As for the Resi Evil movie, well I think I'll go and see it. Its got some good reviews from the US (yeah, like their reliable) and its the first zombie film to be released for ages. It looks OK, and seeing for myself will tell me whether or not this is the best game to movie transfer so far.
Wed 01/05/02 at 19:12
Regular
"95% organic"
Solskjær wrote:

> My only worries about this film concern the selection of the cast.

Unfortunately a bad cast probably reflects a bad script. And when the script is bad and the actors are bad, then the director, producers etc are probably quite lame as well.

I've gotta say I really don't like this game --> film conversion trend. A film --> game conversion can be interesting, but not the other way round. The only way the storylines from Resident Evil are interesting is if you are playing actively. I simply don't believe that I am going to be entertained by that premise passively. It will just be a big budget B-movie, and B-movies are only fun when they are made with small amounts of dough.

If the Resident Evil movie turns out to be anything other than a big pile of hairy trousers, then I will eat my keyboard.
Wed 01/05/02 at 18:37
Regular
"That's right!"
", when was the last time we saw that Mila Jokovic in a film since the Fifth Element!"

She was in Joan Of Arc, which was basically Braveheart 2 if you ask me, as, once again, the British were shown as evil and the French as heroes. Oh, wait, the Patriot was Braveheart 2, so this must be Braveheart 3, heh

So many anti-British films! Heh
Wed 01/05/02 at 18:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I just found out something very strange and surprising to me about the forthcoming Resident Evil film.

No, it's not about the film itself, no, it's not about the soundtrack either - although i'm glad to see Ill Nino on it, it's about one of the actors in the film.

Anyone who's been watching Dream Team for the last few years will know him a Luis Amor Rodriguez, but Martin Crewes is apparently in this highly-anticipated blockbuster!!
I can't believe that an English guy like him who's never appeared in anything decent before in his life, gets the chance to appear in something like Resident Evil! Then again, when was the last time we saw that Mila Jokovic in a film since the Fifth Element!

My only worries about this film concern the selection of the cast.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.