GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario is back, in 5 games!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/05/02 at 16:52
Regular
As we all know the GC is out and it is probably going to be very big, and with a great list of games set on the release date, the most ever I think, we have out favourite little plumber return to the gaming world once more, but this time he is ready to compete with Sony, when the Psx came along, it blew the N64 out of the water, despite there being some good games like Goldeneye, but now, the GC is ready to rumble with the big boys! The Italian Stallion is set for 5 games, Mario Sunshine, a solo effort, Super Smash Bros. Melee, with all your favourites, and Mario Kart, Tennis and Golf, with everyone from the Mushroom Kingdom.

Let me start with Mario Sunshine, it is like Mario 64, bright, cheery and colourful, basically what you expect from Mario now. The base plot is that Mario (who is wearing a T-shirt for the first time ever, lol) is armed with a water gun, and he has to clear up giant blobs of paint that are falling all over the Mushroom Kingdom (for some reason) it is very much like Mario 64 but it has taken something from the old school, remember in Super Mario World on the SNES where you could punch enemies through the floor, in Mario Sunshine it has that added little feature and another big change are the enemies, many new faces. I don’t really know too much on what looks to be a great game but I know enough to say it will be mine on the release date, unless something goes very wrong!

Now another game I mentioned, Mario tennis. Remember it from the 64? I bet you do! Anyway the game is pretty much the same but the graphics are really good, the graphics make the ball look real and for the ball, Camelot are using the same technique as is being used in Starfox Adventures to make it look unbelievably real, other than that it is not to dissimilar, good 4 player if your mates are round, but still a must have in my books.

Mario Golf, a game that not too much was heard of for the N64 but still a good game, the GC version looks to be every bit as good, with amazing cartoon graphics, again by Camelot it looks to be a very good game with another outstanding and enjoyable 4 player, having all your old favourites, like Donkey Kong, Luigi, Princess and our fat little friend, or course, Mario!!! “ The in-game models look better than any characters that we’ve ever seen” quoted from the CUBE magazine, and I have to agree with them!!!

Mario Kart is a game that is not too close to completion and is not released anywhere, so there is not really too much to say on it, all I know is that it is going to be a 4 player and I think some people at Nintendo wanted to make it online or something like that, but Miyamoto-san put them straight and said, no concentrate on one player! All that has been seen of Mario Kart is a rolling demo of Mario and Luigi going around a track on there trusty little karts, from the pictures I have seen it looks impressive graphically but not many people have actually had the privilege to play on the game.

The final game so far is Super Smash Bros. Melee, basically an all out brawl between all your favourite Nintendo characters, Pikachu, Mario and Link etc. If you owned a 64 and had this game you will want it like mad as I do, this is better than the original (hard to believe, as it was soooo much fun killing Pikachu) and it still has the little item to use and throw, yes it still has the pokeball for all you wondering! Like the first one there are hidden characters, such as Mew and Celebi but I think I am right in saying they are a lot harder to gain than previously. I am not sure if there are those little mini games as such like in the first one but I hope so.

I hope you have all enjoyed this and that it gave you some information on up coming games, write in letting me know what you thought of my post and if you have any further news on Mario games or any good GC games.
Thanx
Wed 01/05/02 at 16:52
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
As we all know the GC is out and it is probably going to be very big, and with a great list of games set on the release date, the most ever I think, we have out favourite little plumber return to the gaming world once more, but this time he is ready to compete with Sony, when the Psx came along, it blew the N64 out of the water, despite there being some good games like Goldeneye, but now, the GC is ready to rumble with the big boys! The Italian Stallion is set for 5 games, Mario Sunshine, a solo effort, Super Smash Bros. Melee, with all your favourites, and Mario Kart, Tennis and Golf, with everyone from the Mushroom Kingdom.

Let me start with Mario Sunshine, it is like Mario 64, bright, cheery and colourful, basically what you expect from Mario now. The base plot is that Mario (who is wearing a T-shirt for the first time ever, lol) is armed with a water gun, and he has to clear up giant blobs of paint that are falling all over the Mushroom Kingdom (for some reason) it is very much like Mario 64 but it has taken something from the old school, remember in Super Mario World on the SNES where you could punch enemies through the floor, in Mario Sunshine it has that added little feature and another big change are the enemies, many new faces. I don’t really know too much on what looks to be a great game but I know enough to say it will be mine on the release date, unless something goes very wrong!

Now another game I mentioned, Mario tennis. Remember it from the 64? I bet you do! Anyway the game is pretty much the same but the graphics are really good, the graphics make the ball look real and for the ball, Camelot are using the same technique as is being used in Starfox Adventures to make it look unbelievably real, other than that it is not to dissimilar, good 4 player if your mates are round, but still a must have in my books.

Mario Golf, a game that not too much was heard of for the N64 but still a good game, the GC version looks to be every bit as good, with amazing cartoon graphics, again by Camelot it looks to be a very good game with another outstanding and enjoyable 4 player, having all your old favourites, like Donkey Kong, Luigi, Princess and our fat little friend, or course, Mario!!! “ The in-game models look better than any characters that we’ve ever seen” quoted from the CUBE magazine, and I have to agree with them!!!

Mario Kart is a game that is not too close to completion and is not released anywhere, so there is not really too much to say on it, all I know is that it is going to be a 4 player and I think some people at Nintendo wanted to make it online or something like that, but Miyamoto-san put them straight and said, no concentrate on one player! All that has been seen of Mario Kart is a rolling demo of Mario and Luigi going around a track on there trusty little karts, from the pictures I have seen it looks impressive graphically but not many people have actually had the privilege to play on the game.

The final game so far is Super Smash Bros. Melee, basically an all out brawl between all your favourite Nintendo characters, Pikachu, Mario and Link etc. If you owned a 64 and had this game you will want it like mad as I do, this is better than the original (hard to believe, as it was soooo much fun killing Pikachu) and it still has the little item to use and throw, yes it still has the pokeball for all you wondering! Like the first one there are hidden characters, such as Mew and Celebi but I think I am right in saying they are a lot harder to gain than previously. I am not sure if there are those little mini games as such like in the first one but I hope so.

I hope you have all enjoyed this and that it gave you some information on up coming games, write in letting me know what you thought of my post and if you have any further news on Mario games or any good GC games.
Thanx
Wed 01/05/02 at 17:40
Regular
"Long time no see!"
With the exception of Mario Golf, I intend to get all of those games listed there.

Mario 64 is my favourite platformer to date, and there's no way I can just simply ignore the possibillty of a sequel!
Mario Kart will always be the first racing-style game I look for on a new Nintendo console, and i'm sure that just like last time, this will again be the best one yet! It's all the action and competitiveness that makes this better than a simple kart-racer like Sonic Drift.
As for Smash Bros. Melée, I turned down the chance to play my mates N64 version, but i'm now quite desperate to get this game after seeing what you can do! Aswell as an in-depth multiplayer, you get a load of different courses and modes to play in, and it also looks like a top single-player, so you won't have to wait for your mates to come round!
Mario Tennis is another great multiplayer that I never really had the chance to fully enjoy. I did play it, but found it way too easy while highly addictive. But with better graphics and the chance to own this game brand new, how can I say no to to it this time!!

People moan about there being no Mario at launch, well, we're gunna see plenty more of him from the end of 2002 onwards! :D
Thu 02/05/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Final Fantasy Man"
Mario Golf is probably the worste and would be the last on my list, but is still a worthy game for my collection i think!
Thu 02/05/02 at 14:24
Regular
"not dead"
Shame on you! ;-)

Mario Party 4.

How could you forget what is sure to be one of the greatest multiplayer experiences of all time?

I am SO looking forward to that!
Thu 02/05/02 at 16:10
Regular
Anyone know when MP4 is out?

I so hope they bring back Bumper Balls, the version in MP3 of Bumper Balls sucked.
Thu 02/05/02 at 19:23
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dj Spikey wrote:
> Mario Golf is probably the worste and would be the last on my list,
> but is still a worthy game for my collection i think!

I think Mario Tennis and Golf are going to be good relases not just because of the italian plumber himself, but because these games are always better than your crappy microft jobs, where you control some old man, not Luigi or Toad.
Thu 02/05/02 at 19:27
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Shame on you! ;-)
>
> Mario Party 4.
>
> How could you forget what is sure to be one of the greatest
> multiplayer experiences of all time?
>
> I am SO looking forward to that!

we have super monkey ball in the meantime

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.