GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football V Rugby"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/05/02 at 10:35
Regular
Why is it so many people prefer watching football rather than rugby?

Football is just full of fairy boys and it just annoys me to death.

"oooo I've fallen on the floor. better pretend i've been injured because.... erm.... because i'm just a big fairy and i can"

That's the mentality of football players!

I just can't bring myself to watch it because it's just such a pansy sport.

Rugby on the other hand. You get the ball, get smacked down to the floor, trampled all over and you just get up and get on with the game!

Rugby is also just far more interesting game to watch to! More interesting tactics to watch than there is going on in a football game.

Admittely I hardly watched it before, till this years 6 Nations, but hey!

I kinda got sick of the sport when I was younger and kept getting dragged to my dad's matches, to watch him play for teams like Nottingham. After being dragged to them every weekend when I was little i got quite fed up with the sport, but I'm now into it again.

One of my main annoyancies, is that there's just LOADS of football games out there to buy in the shops. I've spent AGES trying to find a copy of that EA Rugby game on PS2, and I just can't find it in any shop! It's just sssoooooo annoying!

Well that's enough of a rant for now me'sa thinks!

:)
Sun 05/05/02 at 20:45
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Just because more people like a sport doesn't mean it is better and both rugby and football require certain amounts of skill.Watch the sport you are critiscising and tell me that you could do it and at the same standard and level as these athletes.
Sun 05/05/02 at 20:38
Regular
"Bobba you"
shearer22 wrote:
> they prefer it because it is more exiting than rugby and more people
> like footy than rugby

No it isnt more exciting at all! There both good sports.
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:59
Regular
i can tell your reynolds's brother. STOP QUOTING INAPPROPRIATLY
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:55
Regular
"~yo dadio"
Cooky wrote:
> Why is it so many people prefer watching football rather than rugby?
>
> Football is just full of fairy boys and it just annoys me to death.
>
> "oooo I've fallen on the floor. better pretend i've been injured
> because.... erm.... because i'm just a big fairy and i can"
>
> That's the mentality of football players!
>
> I just can't bring myself to watch it because it's just such a pansy
> sport.
>
> Rugby on the other hand. You get the ball, get smacked down to the
> floor, trampled all over and you just get up and get on with the
> game!
>
> Rugby is also just far more interesting game to watch to! More
> interesting tactics to watch than there is going on in a football
> game.
>
> Admittely I hardly watched it before, till this years 6 Nations, but
> hey!
>
> I kinda got sick of the sport when I was younger and kept getting
> dragged to my dad's matches, to watch him play for teams like
> Nottingham. After being dragged to them every weekend when I was
> little i got quite fed up with the sport, but I'm now into it again.
>
> One of my main annoyancies, is that there's just LOADS of football
> games out there to buy in the shops. I've spent AGES trying to find a
> copy of that EA Rugby game on PS2, and I just can't find it in any
> shop! It's just sssoooooo annoying!
>
> Well that's enough of a rant for now me'sa thinks!
>
> :)

they prefer it because it is more exiting than rugby and more people like footy than rugby
Thu 02/05/02 at 09:39
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Rugby is a decent game, but football is a million times better!
Thu 02/05/02 at 09:32
Regular
"My head hurts"
Rugby may be more manly and vicious. In football it takes a lot more skill and traning like james pond said. People suffer huge injuries in football (like me braking my arm) and people still say that the sport is to soft and is for girls. Football takes a lot of hard work to play and a lot of training to get good at the sport. Where in rugby pick a ball run into someone pass run into someone pass etc. Rugby dosen't take much work if u can stand the pain.
Wed 01/05/02 at 17:07
Regular
"Great Scott's"
How come all rugby fans say that Rubgy is a man's game and football is a woman's or fairy's game.

I am a man and i don't play rugby, because i am not a man who likes to gap other people's 'balls' in the scrum.

Like Reynolds said Football has more skill involved than Rugby.
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:41
Regular
"simpsons rule"
football is more entrtening than rugby, and there is more skill. in rugby you just get the ball and run.
football rules most popular sport out :D
Wed 01/05/02 at 10:35
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Why is it so many people prefer watching football rather than rugby?

Football is just full of fairy boys and it just annoys me to death.

"oooo I've fallen on the floor. better pretend i've been injured because.... erm.... because i'm just a big fairy and i can"

That's the mentality of football players!

I just can't bring myself to watch it because it's just such a pansy sport.

Rugby on the other hand. You get the ball, get smacked down to the floor, trampled all over and you just get up and get on with the game!

Rugby is also just far more interesting game to watch to! More interesting tactics to watch than there is going on in a football game.

Admittely I hardly watched it before, till this years 6 Nations, but hey!

I kinda got sick of the sport when I was younger and kept getting dragged to my dad's matches, to watch him play for teams like Nottingham. After being dragged to them every weekend when I was little i got quite fed up with the sport, but I'm now into it again.

One of my main annoyancies, is that there's just LOADS of football games out there to buy in the shops. I've spent AGES trying to find a copy of that EA Rugby game on PS2, and I just can't find it in any shop! It's just sssoooooo annoying!

Well that's enough of a rant for now me'sa thinks!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.