GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you want me to cry, is that it?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/05/02 at 00:13
Regular
Because I think I'm going to have to come May 3rd.

Yes you've probably guessed from that first sentance that something is seriously wrong with my cube launch plans, and why? Argos that's why. I pre ordered from them about a month ago (the main reason being they guaranteed a May 3rd pickup) and today well yesterday I noticed they hadn't dropped their prices so I went in and enquired about it and they said they probably won't be dropping their prices soon at all!

What? You gotta be kidding?

Question is now do I buy from somewhere else and loose my deposit, will I even be able to buy from somewhere else at such short notice or do I buy from Argos then take it back before the guarantee runs out and buy from somewhere else and ultimately not loose out.

Awnsers on a postcard to the usual address.

I think I'll go and cry now..

Everyone weep for me, then diss Argos a little. Alteratively tell me your sob stories about you not being able to get a cube and make me feel better :0)

Go on.
Wed 01/05/02 at 00:13
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Because I think I'm going to have to come May 3rd.

Yes you've probably guessed from that first sentance that something is seriously wrong with my cube launch plans, and why? Argos that's why. I pre ordered from them about a month ago (the main reason being they guaranteed a May 3rd pickup) and today well yesterday I noticed they hadn't dropped their prices so I went in and enquired about it and they said they probably won't be dropping their prices soon at all!

What? You gotta be kidding?

Question is now do I buy from somewhere else and loose my deposit, will I even be able to buy from somewhere else at such short notice or do I buy from Argos then take it back before the guarantee runs out and buy from somewhere else and ultimately not loose out.

Awnsers on a postcard to the usual address.

I think I'll go and cry now..

Everyone weep for me, then diss Argos a little. Alteratively tell me your sob stories about you not being able to get a cube and make me feel better :0)

Go on.
Wed 01/05/02 at 00:19
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Hmm hard question to answer and you are in abit of a pickle it really depends if you can afford to lose your deposit but if you did buy from somewhere else you would if you think about it paying £10 extra so i would do what you said near the end and take it back during the guarantee problem is dont you need a reason for taking it back? and what would yours be?
Wed 01/05/02 at 00:35
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I'll say I wasn't entirely satisfied :0)

Then swipe the cash and run off.
Wed 01/05/02 at 00:43
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Good idea if your quick enough
Wed 01/05/02 at 13:23
Regular
Having leafed through the argos catalogue to check their policy, software items are excluded from the 16 day thing. Consoles however, it seems, can be returned, as can items which include console and software (don't quote me on that, but they didn't have the little symbol by them).

So, i'd just buy the gamecube, order another one at a decent price, and when you get it (or when you're getting close to the 16 day limit), just take the argos one back.

Good luck : )
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
You don't have to feel like that!
At least you're not even paying £200 for the console, and you're still paying a price that's cheaper than the PS2 and X-box, even at around £170!
And you shouldn't really worry about prices, just as long as you get the quality of what you want. It's all about what you want, and £170 is still an incredible price for a console, even if it's now £130!!

Sure, i'd still feel pretty bad about this, but i'd still be happy that i'm getting a Cube. You never know, Argos might do a Bill Gates and allow you to have some free stuff! :)

We've all learnt a lesson from this, games retailers will never let you down! Other retailers will just sound big and tough but will not match what you can get from somewhere like SR!
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:15
Regular
Atleast you'll get to play yours on launch day.

My mum won't let me near mine until my exams are over in mid June!!! :-(
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Bad luck Strafex. I shouldn't really be getting mine till after my AS exams either, but my mum says that it's my money that i've earnt, and if I don't order soon I won't get one for ages!

Tell your mum that you'll have to at least order soon if you want to get one by early June, due to the high-demand! It worked for me! :D
Wed 01/05/02 at 17:06
Regular
Get your money back, loose the deposit and get a GC from Toys R US with LM for £150
Wed 01/05/02 at 17:16
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
sorry mate i cant be angry for u becoz I HAVE CUBE! YEEESSSS!!! BAAABBBAAAYYY!
Yeh Ive posted that too much now haven't I?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.