GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The end of "The Simpsons"! Maybe..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/04/02 at 20:24
Regular
An interesting artcle has just come up on ananova.

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_578734.html

I really hope it ends or atleast changes dramatically. Milking it for every penny. *shakes his head*
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:24
An interesting artcle has just come up on ananova.

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_578734.html

I really hope it ends or atleast changes dramatically. Milking it for every penny. *shakes his head*
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:33
"...Unicef pennies.."
"Channel 4 has just paid £1 million a show for the UK rights to The Simpsons for the lifetime of the programme..."

Bl**dy hell! that must be several hundred million for non-exclusive rights to a TV show. crazy!
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:39
But is it money well spent. I don't think I'll watch it.

You see. The simpsons on the BBC is much longer than those on Sky 1. Yet Futurama on Channel 4 is a lot less than Sky. So this is how it looks.

BBC2 - No cuts
Sky - Some cuts (couple second stuff)
Channel 4 - Big cuts

If you watch Futurama on Sky and then on Channel 4 you notice a lot has been cut out. So I fear the same will happen to the Simpsons.
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:46
"...Unicef pennies.."
I got the impression that the cuts sky makes in the simpsons are for the more risque lines, that, for some reason, the beeb have the balls to keep. e.g.

"No homer, I will NOT pay you for sex!"
"But you get sex, I get a bowling team. It's a win-win situation!"
(Cut from Sky episodes)

I can't understand why channel 4 would make cuts. their ad breaks aren't as long as Sky's, and they stick to 1/2hour slots... ?
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:54
It was the episode with the twin bender unit.

At the robot strip club. It cut out the bit where Fry said "yeah and look at the something on that one" and then the two benders said "ahh you make me sick"

Then bender gave money to that big one and it says thank you and then for some reason it cuts to a scene with Fry all banged up with bandages. Obviously they cut out the bit where the robot goes on Fry and starts vibrating like a shoe buffer.

They're just a few examples of the cuts in just that episode. That's why I hate watch Futurama on C4.
Tue 30/04/02 at 21:00
Regular
When is Futurama on C4? I thought it was Sky 1 exclusive.
Tue 30/04/02 at 21:07
last time it was on during the holidays
Tue 30/04/02 at 21:15
"...Unicef pennies.."
Last time it was on it was on at like, 10am. When little kiddies watch TV? Perhaps this explains the heavy editing?

Doubt it'd happen to the simpsons, as it'll be on in the evenings for sure.
Tue 30/04/02 at 21:33
That's what I though. So who are they targeting them at. family or kids? What does this mean for the simpsons. A lot of cutting? Me thinks it does. Just when I was getting use to seeing more than usual on BBC now I'm going to see a lot less.

I wish you could see an uncut episode without having to buy the videos.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.