GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am sax man"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/04/02 at 19:40
Regular
I've been using the same reed for the past three years.

For those in the "ug?" position, a reed is the small piece of wood that people actually blow across, so it vibrates and makes a noise. All the sax does is hollows out the sound, and makes it sound a little differently when you close holes on it and so on. More holes open = higher note.

Reeds are measured in hardness, 1 being weakest [or a half], and then going up in hardness in halves. I bought a 3 and a half the other day with no real idea of what I was using before. Happened to be a 3.

I've had the reed in my mouth for ages [tastes awful], and now wet enough to actually make a sound. Just played.

I sound like a damn king. Hell, none of the notes make much tune, and I'm still a crap musician, but at damn last, my sax sounds LIKE a saxaphone.

I am sax man.
Wed 01/05/02 at 16:29
Scatman John was cool.
Wed 01/05/02 at 09:39
Regular
"not dead"
Sax man sounds like Scatman.

Scatman John was odd, and slightly scary.
Wed 01/05/02 at 09:34
Regular
"Not your monkey"
allardini wrote:
> I took Clarinet lessons for a month, but I sucked.

That would be your problem, you are supposed to blow not suck.

* waits for inevitable HUR HUR HUR *
Wed 01/05/02 at 00:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Our sax man (Fat Jo) is Peter Green's Nephew.

We're going over there at the weekend to take lots of his drugs and play in his studio.
Tue 30/04/02 at 22:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Today I was drum, guitar and piano man. Except now I've got a big blister on my index finger and can't play guitar anymore :( And I've got a throat infection...but I'm crap at singing, so that's ok.
Tue 30/04/02 at 21:49
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I took Clarinet lessons for a month, but I sucked.
Tue 30/04/02 at 21:08
The Sax man?
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:38
Regular
Yeah, but am and man work together to make it sound cool when you say it.

And sax machine is waaaayy overused. :0)

Trying to play Baker Street now. Oh dear.
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:15
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
'Sax Machine' would have been better, try harder.
Tue 30/04/02 at 19:40
Regular
I've been using the same reed for the past three years.

For those in the "ug?" position, a reed is the small piece of wood that people actually blow across, so it vibrates and makes a noise. All the sax does is hollows out the sound, and makes it sound a little differently when you close holes on it and so on. More holes open = higher note.

Reeds are measured in hardness, 1 being weakest [or a half], and then going up in hardness in halves. I bought a 3 and a half the other day with no real idea of what I was using before. Happened to be a 3.

I've had the reed in my mouth for ages [tastes awful], and now wet enough to actually make a sound. Just played.

I sound like a damn king. Hell, none of the notes make much tune, and I'm still a crap musician, but at damn last, my sax sounds LIKE a saxaphone.

I am sax man.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.