GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ASP on Freeola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/01/08 at 14:14
Regular
Hi, I have developed an ASP application for my website that you host, when I came to upload it, I was struck by a thought, do you support ASP, I thought it cam with web freedom that I subscribe to.

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Thu 24/01/08 at 14:14
Regular
Hi, I have developed an ASP application for my website that you host, when I came to upload it, I was struck by a thought, do you support ASP, I thought it cam with web freedom that I subscribe to.

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Thu 24/01/08 at 14:50
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Unfortunately we are unable to offer hosting for .asp websites due to all Freeola hosting servers being Unix based. Any site written in html or PHP (Version 4 or 5) will be ok though.

The Web Freedom service will simply allow you to upload to these servers from a non-Freeola Internet connection, it does not allow the use of these file types.
Thu 24/01/08 at 15:21
Regular
Cheers, not much help though as I have no experience of UNIX. Suppose I'd better look for another Host.

Cheers
Thu 24/01/08 at 16:17
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
If you must write your scripts in ASP and don't wish to learn PHP then you will be looking to host your site using Windows based hosting.
What does your application do? Writing ASP isn't that far away from PHP so it might be possible to port it over.
Fri 25/01/08 at 11:46
Regular
It interrogates an ACCESS databse and returns text based on the search criteria. The access database needs updated regularly.
Fri 25/01/08 at 12:31
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Ah poor you!:)
Well I suppose porting the Access database over to MySQL and using PHP would be asking a bit too much then!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.