GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting ³ = Ok to be the ONLY one"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/04/02 at 16:44
Regular
Picture this:
Auf deutsch is walking to school, humming endless crappy songs in his head(dam German textbooks for having songs in them). I walk into school, put my bag on the bench and walk over to the crowds of people. I walk over to my mates, talking about bloody Stronghold again, so I walk over to a load of people from my class talking about Games (Halo to be precise). Then, as per usual, one of them turns around to me and says Gamecube is s***.

Every morning this happens. What is wrong with these narrow minded X-Box obssesed freaks. I doubt any of them have even played Gamecube so why hold a grudge. I'm guessing 'THE KIDDIE IMAGE'is stuck in the minds. None of them know much about the Gamecube, and how much it has grown up from the N64.

Thing is, I'm the only one in my class getting the Cube, so it does get kinda embarissing. I'm not saying that X-Box and PS2 are lame, but why don't the make room for the Gamecube in their heads.

I know the CUBE is gonna do well, hopefully a lot better than the X-Box, I just hate gettting stick for saying I'm getting Gamecube.

Anyone else get this from people?
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:44
Regular
Picture this:
Auf deutsch is walking to school, humming endless crappy songs in his head(dam German textbooks for having songs in them). I walk into school, put my bag on the bench and walk over to the crowds of people. I walk over to my mates, talking about bloody Stronghold again, so I walk over to a load of people from my class talking about Games (Halo to be precise). Then, as per usual, one of them turns around to me and says Gamecube is s***.

Every morning this happens. What is wrong with these narrow minded X-Box obssesed freaks. I doubt any of them have even played Gamecube so why hold a grudge. I'm guessing 'THE KIDDIE IMAGE'is stuck in the minds. None of them know much about the Gamecube, and how much it has grown up from the N64.

Thing is, I'm the only one in my class getting the Cube, so it does get kinda embarissing. I'm not saying that X-Box and PS2 are lame, but why don't the make room for the Gamecube in their heads.

I know the CUBE is gonna do well, hopefully a lot better than the X-Box, I just hate gettting stick for saying I'm getting Gamecube.

Anyone else get this from people?
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:55
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I know how you feel mate, just think that you are making the right choice and that the Gamcube is worth every last penny compared to the PS2 and Xbox!
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:11
Regular
:)
I know, It's so annoying people just blurting out Gamcube is lame, Seeing as they've never played it.

One person said to me today how C**p Luigis Mansion is, but he's NEVER PLAYED IT! He's a Halo freak, at least Luigis Mansion is original...
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:12
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I get that a lot too. People are just dumb if they can't see through the cartoon graphics and actually have a look at the game. I even had to make a list of amazing GC games to try and convince my mate that the GC was good. He went through the list and coming to games like Zelda, Mario and Luigi, he threw crap back at them. These games are and the ones to come will be classics! It's terrible that people will overlook masterpieces like that.
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I get this to. I had a Nintendo mag, and one of mates saw it. 'Ooohh Nintendo - how lame, get a PS2 - theychave so many bette games!' You ge the idea. So I showed him Tony Hawks 3, Dave Mirra 2, Eternal Darkness, RESi Evil etc, all the gams that would be classed as 'good' as they are 'cool' on a PS2. Then I showed him Luigis Mansion, Pikmin, RL2, Super Monkey Ball and SSBM. 'Crap' is what they are. They are far far superior to all the aforementioned games (although i am getting THPS3 and Eternal Darkeness, as they are great) It seems the 'cartoony, not real, boring' masterpieces are ovewrshadowed by rubbish like Dave Mirras and Bloodwake. What??
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:23
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I know exactly how you feel. My 'fellow classmates' cannot understand why the Gamecube is:
A) Small
B) Cheap
C) FOR PLAYING GAMES ONLY!!!
D) My definate favourite of the lot

Narrow minded moronic spoons the lot of 'em.
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:26
Regular
Too True...
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Apparently the N64 had too many expensive games, and so it cost a lot to own the console. Now that the GC is so cheap at launch, it seems that it is 'cheap and nasty' when in fact it is (according to 'experts') the 'most advanced console on the market' with a huge potential in online gaming, and with the greatest games company in the world ever behind it, all wrapped up in a tiny purple/black/yellow/silver box that contains one heck load of power!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Logic has no place in the world anymore.
Tue 30/04/02 at 18:47
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
I know how you feel. I am the only one getting one in my class too. There are some other people in Yr 7 but only three or four. Just stick it out and then shove it in their face when the G-cube gets double the sales of PS2 & the XBOX combined.
Tue 30/04/02 at 18:53
Regular
"are you serious"
i had the same rubbish when i bought my n64 but oh how they came running when goldeneye was released and then suddenly it was nintendo this nintendo that. just kick back and watch them come running when u r playing rogue leader

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.