GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting ³ = Ok to be the ONLY one"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/04/02 at 16:44
Regular
Picture this:
Auf deutsch is walking to school, humming endless crappy songs in his head(dam German textbooks for having songs in them). I walk into school, put my bag on the bench and walk over to the crowds of people. I walk over to my mates, talking about bloody Stronghold again, so I walk over to a load of people from my class talking about Games (Halo to be precise). Then, as per usual, one of them turns around to me and says Gamecube is s***.

Every morning this happens. What is wrong with these narrow minded X-Box obssesed freaks. I doubt any of them have even played Gamecube so why hold a grudge. I'm guessing 'THE KIDDIE IMAGE'is stuck in the minds. None of them know much about the Gamecube, and how much it has grown up from the N64.

Thing is, I'm the only one in my class getting the Cube, so it does get kinda embarissing. I'm not saying that X-Box and PS2 are lame, but why don't the make room for the Gamecube in their heads.

I know the CUBE is gonna do well, hopefully a lot better than the X-Box, I just hate gettting stick for saying I'm getting Gamecube.

Anyone else get this from people?
Wed 01/05/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
One person per class???
In my year (year 12) there are only 3 of us getting GameCube's, so that only works out as one person per class in only 3 Tutor Groups!

But I don't care, i'm not like the PS2 fans, i'll buy the console because I want it and not because my mates have one!
Wed 01/05/02 at 09:19
Regular
"Back in black"
There's one person in every class who is getting a cube. It is always like that!! It's good to be unique, kinda like Nationwide Building soceity!
Tue 30/04/02 at 22:51
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Cyclone are our clipboards in the shape of a controller, and conected to us by a lead? As in these Cube suits its very hard to pick up your clipboard when you drop it or throw it in anger, because you cant do a bit of a game....er I mean life!
Tue 30/04/02 at 21:43
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> I can just picture the scene;
>
> The 'GC Swayers Office' (based on the Fish4 ads) A group of people
> dressed up in purple cube suits - leader Cyclone (of course ;-)) with
> a clipboard:
>
> "Right - we have a disticnt PS2 strength in Brighton - Edgy, and
> Ace_Greg, you go there NOW and sort them out - show off ED or summat
> like that!"
>
> "Now, IndianY2K (if thats correct) and I.luv.Gamecube, along with
> Sibs and Cooky + auf deutsch your mission is to sway the greater London area! GO MY LITTLE CUBES, AND LONG LIVE NINTENDO!!!!!! GAMERS EVERWHERE ARE
> COUNTING ON US!!!!"
>
> He he he.

Eh? I'm missing from the London list...that's better ^
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:48
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
its very strange for me, everyone used to say that stuff, now theyr'e buying it! GOD! they just deny ever saying it, I actually fought one of them once but that wasn't JUST cos' he laffed at GC
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I can just picture the scene;

The 'GC Swayers Office' (based on the Fish4 ads) A group of people dressed up in purple cube suits - leader Cyclone (of course ;-)) with a clipboard:

"Right - we have a disticnt PS2 strength in Brighton - Edgy, and Ace_Greg, you go there NOW and sort them out - show off ED or summat like that!"

"Now, IndianY2K (if thats correct) and I.luv.Gamecube, along with Sibs and Cooky, your mission is to sway the greater London area! GO MY LITTLE CUBES, AND LONG LIVE NINTENDO!!!!!! GAMERS EVERWHERE ARE COUNTING ON US!!!!"

He he he.
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:08
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
same thing happens to me EVERY DAY , ivew convinced a few people to buy one , one of my mates walks up to me every day with a smile on his face sticking up three fingers , "only three days to go !! "

then there's the stuck up ps2 owners convinced ps2 is best.
My mate joe , was today saying how good halo is , then he says in these exact words :

" xbox is cool , gamecube is cool , ps2 ROCKS !! "
He's never played the gamecube so how can he say this , infuriating i say infuriating !!

but like you ace-greg i always makwe them think otehr wise
Tue 30/04/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I did have exactly the same problem untill a week ago! i bought NOM and went into school showing off the brand new screen shots! I convinced one boy to get gamecube by showing him how much better THPS3 would be on gamecube to XBOX! he said it looked wicked and that he was gonna buy one as soon as possible! Another kid reckoned that final fantasy was not coming to gamecube but if it did he would probbably get one as the series was the only thing keeping him close to his ps2!

with the help of eternal darkness, timesplitters,resident evil,die hard trilogy,metroid prime,star wars rogue leader, burnout and bloody roar extreme i managed to clear nintendos kiddie image out of alot of peoples minds! You could say i have done a job well done!
Im a man on a mission!
tomorrows objectives: gamecube mobile monitor compared to the ps1's!
Tue 30/04/02 at 19:04
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Oh yea does anyone have an old CD-i? I want it to recolour it, then put a home made PS3 logo on it and sell it for about £500 doesnt matter if its broken, as the mass market want the worse thing. Because like someone said further down (sorry cant remember name) logic has no place in this world!
Tue 30/04/02 at 19:00
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Ahhhhh dont have this problem, anyone says its crap I can out talk them and prove them wrong everytime. Alot of people think its funny because the other person always losses and shys away for the rest of the week. Then they try again after a week (proberly planned what they were going to say).

But when the Playstation was out some were moaning about how crap the games were, and how everyone with an N64 is a kiddy gamer and thus aint as good. So what did I have to do, go and open my big mouth and challenge them to a playstation game that I had never played!! oh yea I won :)

Things will change when the cube has been put through its paces, and Nintendo start to pick up speed again. Once again they will rule the world!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.