GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 on your monitor ??!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/04/02 at 14:54
Regular
Can anyone vouch for the quality of PS2 AV convertors, the things that convert the pic signal to something you can put through a PC monitor?? Basically I'm looking to shut the missus up and move the PS2 from the telly to my monitor, whilst getting a sharper clearer picture. Also if I was to get a new scart cable, would I notice a difference from the one I am using at the moment? I believe its the standard one. Any suggestions on a GOOD cable?
Thu 02/05/02 at 20:27
Regular
ignore the 'no' part
Thu 02/05/02 at 20:25
Regular
yes and no

a normal ps2 scart is better than an RF lead, there is no loss of signal and resolution converting the video signal to rf and back.

RGB scart is better still, and S-video (looks a bit like a ps2-mouse lead) even better still. I guess the quality of picture would ultimately depend on which lead you could fit into the VGA box.
Thu 02/05/02 at 14:01
Regular
"accidental superher"
i've got a vga box...and use it all the time at school (i board....and tvs aren't allowed...) and it's really good. the output may not be like the dreamcast vga box which made all the textures high res....but it's ok nonetheless...it's quite hard to find in the uk though.
Wed 01/05/02 at 18:56
"For the horde!!!!"
blimeyoreilly wrote:
> Computer monitors do give a good quality picture, but they are a bit
> small, for a wee bit more than a VGA box, you could buy a 21+"
> tv.
>
> On the other hand, I just got a 21 inch monitor from work........

does scart matter?
Tue 30/04/02 at 22:54
Regular
Computer monitors do give a good quality picture, but they are a bit small, for a wee bit more than a VGA box, you could buy a 21+" tv.

On the other hand, I just got a 21 inch monitor from work........
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:27
Regular
"Back For Good"
bananamanUK wrote:
> Basically I'm looking to shut the missus up and move the PS2 from the
> telly to my monitor, whilst getting a sharper clearer picture. Also if
> I was to get a new scart cable, would I notice a difference from the
> one I am using at the moment? I believe its the standard one. Any
> suggestions on a GOOD cable?

Get yourself an RGB cable, I was gobsmacked at the quality difference and everything now seems to be presented in a higher resolution, If your after the best possible picture I'd stick to a nice TV that supports this mode.
Tue 30/04/02 at 18:13
"For the horde!!!!"
bananamanUK wrote:

> I know you can get them online from projectK you are looking for the
> PS/PS2 VGA box.

oh ok
Tue 30/04/02 at 18:06
Gridloch wrote:
> where can i get one of them adaptors from?

I know you can get them online from projectK you are looking for the PS/PS2 VGA box.
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:55
"For the horde!!!!"
where can i get one of them adaptors from?
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:43
Well I know you can connect PS2 in 2 ways. Through a TV card or through an AV convertor as I mentioned before. I just need to know of any issues before I split with my hard earned cash :) If its going through a TV card then I am damn sure images can be captured

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.