GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wee question for Y'all"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/04/02 at 10:56
Regular
How important are video/computer games to you ?

We've all been here before. You get a new game on Saturday morning, get it back home and before you know it it's Monday morning and your gonna be late for work. Your mobile has a huge missed calls list and your SMS inbox is overflowing but you still want to "just finish this bit before I go" blah blah blah....

Think of all the systems you've owned over the years. The hours, days, weeks, months you've spent staring at a screen trying to beat the computer or your highest score or "just finish this bit" Think of the feeling you get when you finally "just finish this bit" or beat that garguntuan end of level guardian that fills half of the screen and send epileptics into siezures as the rest of the screen is filled with multi coloured flashing spinning lasers and bombs.

Think of the feeling of absolute hatred and rage as you launch the controller at the TV, fly accross the room and tear the poor defenseless game from your console, and throw it out the window before pounding the machine into the dirt.

I'm only 23 but have been playing games since my dad brought home a colecovision when I was about 4, 19 years of staring at a screen and trying to "just do this bit" a big part of my life, just about all of it infact.

Could I give it up for good ? HELL YEAH.
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Ive been playing computer games on and off for 27 years now, I have had long periods when the boredom has set in mainly due to nothing new or interesting enough being around but always go back to playing something or other.

I don't think I would want to give it up totally because it's always there as a way to let of steam or to just have a bit of fun for a few hours.
Tue 30/04/02 at 14:49
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Milenko wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
>
> Anyone want a PS2?
>
> No ta, but if your getting the drinks in :p

ha ha, yeah. I need a drink right now. No, really.
Tue 30/04/02 at 14:12
Mystique wrote:

> Anyone want a PS2?

No ta, but if your getting the drinks in :p
Tue 30/04/02 at 14:09
Regular
Yeah, I could give it up.
But I'd need a *really* good reason to.

I don't spend that much time on my PS2 anyways so it wouldn't be that hard to give up.

Although...I would spend alot more time in the pub spending the money on drink instead of games...
hmmm

Anyone want a PS2?
:op
Tue 30/04/02 at 13:13
Yeah sorry, I meant to say die.

Started drinking between 13-14, before I started smoking and stuff.
Tue 30/04/02 at 12:53
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
How old where you when you started drinking?
Tue 30/04/02 at 12:52
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Milenko wrote:
> I'm gonna with a bottle of JD in my hand.
'DIE with a bottle of JD in my hand I assume'
Tue 30/04/02 at 12:50
I reckon I could, although not without a good reason. Just stopped smoking after 9 years. Now booze on the other hand, I'll never quit, I'm gonna with a bottle of JD in my hand.
Tue 30/04/02 at 12:39
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
You could give up video gaming after all those years, just like that! I don't think so.
Tue 30/04/02 at 10:56
How important are video/computer games to you ?

We've all been here before. You get a new game on Saturday morning, get it back home and before you know it it's Monday morning and your gonna be late for work. Your mobile has a huge missed calls list and your SMS inbox is overflowing but you still want to "just finish this bit before I go" blah blah blah....

Think of all the systems you've owned over the years. The hours, days, weeks, months you've spent staring at a screen trying to beat the computer or your highest score or "just finish this bit" Think of the feeling you get when you finally "just finish this bit" or beat that garguntuan end of level guardian that fills half of the screen and send epileptics into siezures as the rest of the screen is filled with multi coloured flashing spinning lasers and bombs.

Think of the feeling of absolute hatred and rage as you launch the controller at the TV, fly accross the room and tear the poor defenseless game from your console, and throw it out the window before pounding the machine into the dirt.

I'm only 23 but have been playing games since my dad brought home a colecovision when I was about 4, 19 years of staring at a screen and trying to "just do this bit" a big part of my life, just about all of it infact.

Could I give it up for good ? HELL YEAH.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.