GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thank gosh that's over..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 19:25
Regular
Today I was at school from half 8 this morning till half 6, and boy, am I knackered

Today was the day of your Drama group project, and we spent the ENTIRE day in the Drama studio (not exactly a large room) with the year 12s and my year 13 class. Spent the time watching the year 12 piece about a woman being harrassed at work, and rehearsed our piece - Blood Brothers. Man, if I ever have to play Eddie again I'll scream

We were assessed on our performance, our portfolio (about how the piece came together etc) and our contribution to the group (like how many ideas we suggested)

After waiting for ages we finally got our grades (those of us who stayed behnd to wait) I got 59 out of 100, so just like last year, my contribution mark let me down, as I'm often very quiet, being that I'm in a class as the only boy and there are three girls (two of which I fancy, so they're distracting, heh)

That's like a C, maybe a B. I think it's a better score than any of the year 12s got, but second lowest/third highest out of my group. Which annoys me a little, as I had the biggest part, and was in 6 of the 9 scenes. I had to act like a 7 year old boy for the most part, and put on a posh accent. The three girls had much smaller roles, and the girl who scored the highest in the class had the smallest part. Just like last year, where I had a huge part, and people who were only in about 3 scenes scored higher. Just don't seem right! Heh

Yes, I know what you're thinking, they're better actors and that's why they score higher, but how can they show that they're good when they're barely in the play, have hardly ANY lines, and spend the majority of the time backstage while others act

OK, I've complained long enough. I got a C/maybe a B, which although is good, I thought that I'd get a B easy, because unlike last year I actually put some effort into showing up to lessons and learning my lines. Hell, I know almost EVERYONE'S lines, nevermind my own. Anyway, I should feel really happy, but I'm feeling kind of... depressed almost. Put a lot of effort into my portfolio and my acting, and it was my lack of contribution which let me down, just because I'm quiet and most of my ideas are shot down or the teacher isn't there to hear them...

Well, we started the piece back in January, and it's FINALLY finished. We had problems, with two people missing lessons regulary, and one eventually dropping out so we had to get a kid from year 11 to come in and read in his lines (a big part)

No more working on my portfolio, no more having to stay behind after school to work on the performance, no more having to wear shorts, a shirt with the top button done up and a tie and no more putting on a posh accent... Now all I've got to do is hope I do well in my exams in June
Tue 30/04/02 at 10:01
Regular
"That's right!"
Cheers

I know I sound like a right moaner in that post, which isn't like me at all, but I'm used to being in with a group of lads who are all competative and want to do better than each other. With girls, they just say "Well done" and that's it!

Anyway, fell asleep at 9pm last night! Earliest. Sleep. Ever

Woke up at 6am! Heh
Tue 30/04/02 at 00:05
MoJoJoJo wrote:
and there are three girls (two of which I
> fancy, so they're distracting, heh)

i bet they are :-D

and good luck in June Mojo
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:47
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Well done. Have a pineapple for your efforts.
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:28
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Sounds like youve had a hard day Mojo, take a well earned rest mate.

:)
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:25
Regular
"That's right!"
Today I was at school from half 8 this morning till half 6, and boy, am I knackered

Today was the day of your Drama group project, and we spent the ENTIRE day in the Drama studio (not exactly a large room) with the year 12s and my year 13 class. Spent the time watching the year 12 piece about a woman being harrassed at work, and rehearsed our piece - Blood Brothers. Man, if I ever have to play Eddie again I'll scream

We were assessed on our performance, our portfolio (about how the piece came together etc) and our contribution to the group (like how many ideas we suggested)

After waiting for ages we finally got our grades (those of us who stayed behnd to wait) I got 59 out of 100, so just like last year, my contribution mark let me down, as I'm often very quiet, being that I'm in a class as the only boy and there are three girls (two of which I fancy, so they're distracting, heh)

That's like a C, maybe a B. I think it's a better score than any of the year 12s got, but second lowest/third highest out of my group. Which annoys me a little, as I had the biggest part, and was in 6 of the 9 scenes. I had to act like a 7 year old boy for the most part, and put on a posh accent. The three girls had much smaller roles, and the girl who scored the highest in the class had the smallest part. Just like last year, where I had a huge part, and people who were only in about 3 scenes scored higher. Just don't seem right! Heh

Yes, I know what you're thinking, they're better actors and that's why they score higher, but how can they show that they're good when they're barely in the play, have hardly ANY lines, and spend the majority of the time backstage while others act

OK, I've complained long enough. I got a C/maybe a B, which although is good, I thought that I'd get a B easy, because unlike last year I actually put some effort into showing up to lessons and learning my lines. Hell, I know almost EVERYONE'S lines, nevermind my own. Anyway, I should feel really happy, but I'm feeling kind of... depressed almost. Put a lot of effort into my portfolio and my acting, and it was my lack of contribution which let me down, just because I'm quiet and most of my ideas are shot down or the teacher isn't there to hear them...

Well, we started the piece back in January, and it's FINALLY finished. We had problems, with two people missing lessons regulary, and one eventually dropping out so we had to get a kid from year 11 to come in and read in his lines (a big part)

No more working on my portfolio, no more having to stay behind after school to work on the performance, no more having to wear shorts, a shirt with the top button done up and a tie and no more putting on a posh accent... Now all I've got to do is hope I do well in my exams in June

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.