GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soon you’ll never lose sight of a games console :)!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 19:09
Regular
Have you noticed how popular games are becoming? More and more people are venturing into the world that has been stereotypically thought of as a ‘geeks world’, this is just not true. People use to presume that only geeky kids played games consoles but the different range of gamers is unbelievable! You’ve got your average gamer that sits and plays on their console everyday. Then there’s the once a week people who like to just have a shoot up around Liberty city every now and again. There are lots of gamers so this means there are lots of consoles, more ideas for games, more variety. It is the world’s largest growing activity.

**The scene**~ Your roaming around the streets of your local city centre in search of a great game to play on you console. The crowd is getting bigger and bigger, you feel like you are about to be squashed on by the ‘big’ people. ‘Big issue, Big issue come and get your Big issue’ cries the dodgy looking man… you see his dog on the floor next to him and think about it and… yep, you give him a quid.

The streets are getting cramped with more people and to your left and right brightly coloured posters are trying to catch your attention. You give in to the over coloured advertising and see what it is. Of course what else could it be its and Xbox poster next to a Gamecube poster next to a PS2 poster! Each one looking brilliant, and each one trying to entice you into its vast expanding world.

You check your back pocket to see if some kind person has put around £500 in there. ‘Ah well better start being extra nice to mum and dad’ you cunningly say to yourself. You have finally got into your favourite games shop after much pushing and shoving. There is not one single inch of the shop that is not filled with the latest promotional deals of new posters. You slowly glance up trying to look at all the games in one glance.

You calculate how many years it will be before you can own most of the games and soon realise that you will need to become a professional footballer to own them :) ‘It will never happen’ you say to yourself. You leave the shop with only one game even though you really wanted the whole store :).

You do not walk more than ten yards before another collection of brightly coloured posters clam up your view. Games are everywhere you say to yourself!

*End of scene*

Games are expanding in millions and more consoles will be developed in years to come. What will be the next line of consoles? This is a question asked more and more in today’s world. I personally think we should be drawling over the consoles that are out at the moment and appreciate what we have been given by the greatest people in the world. :)

I think if the consoles keep selling and more and more games are produced then in a around forty years you will not be able to be 100 yards away from a console. I love computer games and hope they carry on being as popular as they are now.

What are your views about how games are becoming increasingly popular and what a wide range of people play on computer games?

Thanks for reading :)
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:30
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Those homeless people on the streets (cos u mentioned the big issue one) get, the reason being they moan they have no money for a drink. Surely they wouldnt be so bad off if they didnt have a dog! And how can they put an animal through living on the street. But I prefer the ones with the big issue to have one, because at least they are making some money for themselfs!

But anyway its a good post. Your right, it is an ever growing market. A $40 billion market. Its increasing in size so much that it is starting to over take film as the big media market! (I study media if your woundering how I know) The more people that own and play console games can be a good thing. It means the market will grow because there is more money in it, thus meaning more games and more competitive prices. But it could also be a bad thing because there would be such a battle of the consoles that the consumer losses out in some way (as usal). But Im not going to go into what is good and bad about the market becoming bigger. (but that would be a good new topic :)
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:30
ahh how the truth hits me in the face. It seems to be true but I still bo not think that there is room for three consoles. The only thing that might make it work is the fact that ps2 has been out a while. any way nice post.
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:18
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Thanks Herc :)
Please reply to it people, I took a little while to write it and I would really appreciate some replies.
:) Thanks
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:10
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Ive read it and ive replied to it properly in another forum.

:)
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:05
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Can you people please read my post :)
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:09
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Have you noticed how popular games are becoming? More and more people are venturing into the world that has been stereotypically thought of as a ‘geeks world’, this is just not true. People use to presume that only geeky kids played games consoles but the different range of gamers is unbelievable! You’ve got your average gamer that sits and plays on their console everyday. Then there’s the once a week people who like to just have a shoot up around Liberty city every now and again. There are lots of gamers so this means there are lots of consoles, more ideas for games, more variety. It is the world’s largest growing activity.

**The scene**~ Your roaming around the streets of your local city centre in search of a great game to play on you console. The crowd is getting bigger and bigger, you feel like you are about to be squashed on by the ‘big’ people. ‘Big issue, Big issue come and get your Big issue’ cries the dodgy looking man… you see his dog on the floor next to him and think about it and… yep, you give him a quid.

The streets are getting cramped with more people and to your left and right brightly coloured posters are trying to catch your attention. You give in to the over coloured advertising and see what it is. Of course what else could it be its and Xbox poster next to a Gamecube poster next to a PS2 poster! Each one looking brilliant, and each one trying to entice you into its vast expanding world.

You check your back pocket to see if some kind person has put around £500 in there. ‘Ah well better start being extra nice to mum and dad’ you cunningly say to yourself. You have finally got into your favourite games shop after much pushing and shoving. There is not one single inch of the shop that is not filled with the latest promotional deals of new posters. You slowly glance up trying to look at all the games in one glance.

You calculate how many years it will be before you can own most of the games and soon realise that you will need to become a professional footballer to own them :) ‘It will never happen’ you say to yourself. You leave the shop with only one game even though you really wanted the whole store :).

You do not walk more than ten yards before another collection of brightly coloured posters clam up your view. Games are everywhere you say to yourself!

*End of scene*

Games are expanding in millions and more consoles will be developed in years to come. What will be the next line of consoles? This is a question asked more and more in today’s world. I personally think we should be drawling over the consoles that are out at the moment and appreciate what we have been given by the greatest people in the world. :)

I think if the consoles keep selling and more and more games are produced then in a around forty years you will not be able to be 100 yards away from a console. I love computer games and hope they carry on being as popular as they are now.

What are your views about how games are becoming increasingly popular and what a wide range of people play on computer games?

Thanks for reading :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.