GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soon you’ll never lose sight of a games console :)!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 19:04
Regular
Have you noticed how popular games are becoming? More and more people are venturing into the world that has been stereotypically thought of as a ‘geeks world’, this is just not true. People use to presume that only geeky kids played games consoles but the different range of gamers is unbelievable! You’ve got your average gamer that sits and plays on their console everyday. Then there’s the once a week people who like to just have a shoot up around Liberty city every now and again. There are lots of gamers so this means there are lots of consoles, more ideas for games, more variety. It is the world’s largest growing activity.

**The scene**~ Your roaming around the streets of your local city centre in search of a great game to play on you console. The crowd is getting bigger and bigger, you feel like you are about to be squashed on by the ‘big’ people. ‘Big issue, Big issue come and get your Big issue’ cries the dodgy looking man… you see his dog on the floor next to him and think about it and… yep, you give him a quid.

The streets are getting cramped with more people and to your left and right brightly coloured posters are trying to catch your attention. You give in to the over coloured advertising and see what it is. Of course what else could it be its and Xbox poster next to a Gamecube poster next to a PS2 poster! Each one looking brilliant, and each one trying to entice you into its vast expanding world.

You check your back pocket to see if some kind person has put around £500 in there. ‘Ah well better start being extra nice to mum and dad’ you cunningly say to yourself. You have finally got into your favourite games shop after much pushing and shoving. There is not one single inch of the shop that is not filled with the latest promotional deals of new posters. You slowly glance up trying to look at all the games in one glance.

You calculate how many years it will be before you can own most of the games and soon realise that you will need to become a professional footballer to own them :) ‘It will never happen’ you say to yourself. You leave the shop with only one game even though you really wanted the whole store :).

You do not walk more than ten yards before another collection of brightly coloured posters clam up your view. Games are everywhere you say to yourself!

*End of scene*

Games are expanding in millions and more consoles will be developed in years to come. What will be the next line of consoles? This is a question asked more and more in today’s world. I personally think we should be drawling over the consoles that are out at the moment and appreciate what we have been given by the greatest people in the world. :)

I think if the consoles keep selling and more and more games are produced then in a around forty years you will not be able to be 100 yards away from a console. I love computer games and hope they carry on being as popular as they are now.

What are your views about how games are becoming increasingly popular and what a wide range of people play on computer games?

Thanks for reading :)
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:04
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Have you noticed how popular games are becoming? More and more people are venturing into the world that has been stereotypically thought of as a ‘geeks world’, this is just not true. People use to presume that only geeky kids played games consoles but the different range of gamers is unbelievable! You’ve got your average gamer that sits and plays on their console everyday. Then there’s the once a week people who like to just have a shoot up around Liberty city every now and again. There are lots of gamers so this means there are lots of consoles, more ideas for games, more variety. It is the world’s largest growing activity.

**The scene**~ Your roaming around the streets of your local city centre in search of a great game to play on you console. The crowd is getting bigger and bigger, you feel like you are about to be squashed on by the ‘big’ people. ‘Big issue, Big issue come and get your Big issue’ cries the dodgy looking man… you see his dog on the floor next to him and think about it and… yep, you give him a quid.

The streets are getting cramped with more people and to your left and right brightly coloured posters are trying to catch your attention. You give in to the over coloured advertising and see what it is. Of course what else could it be its and Xbox poster next to a Gamecube poster next to a PS2 poster! Each one looking brilliant, and each one trying to entice you into its vast expanding world.

You check your back pocket to see if some kind person has put around £500 in there. ‘Ah well better start being extra nice to mum and dad’ you cunningly say to yourself. You have finally got into your favourite games shop after much pushing and shoving. There is not one single inch of the shop that is not filled with the latest promotional deals of new posters. You slowly glance up trying to look at all the games in one glance.

You calculate how many years it will be before you can own most of the games and soon realise that you will need to become a professional footballer to own them :) ‘It will never happen’ you say to yourself. You leave the shop with only one game even though you really wanted the whole store :).

You do not walk more than ten yards before another collection of brightly coloured posters clam up your view. Games are everywhere you say to yourself!

*End of scene*

Games are expanding in millions and more consoles will be developed in years to come. What will be the next line of consoles? This is a question asked more and more in today’s world. I personally think we should be drawling over the consoles that are out at the moment and appreciate what we have been given by the greatest people in the world. :)

I think if the consoles keep selling and more and more games are produced then in a around forty years you will not be able to be 100 yards away from a console. I love computer games and hope they carry on being as popular as they are now.

What are your views about how games are becoming increasingly popular and what a wide range of people play on computer games?

Thanks for reading :)
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:12
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah, i know what you meen. Games are getting REALLY popular...... last year when SD3 was released i was there in a cue of about 100 people just waiting to buy the game.
I can see games getting much more popular soon though as more people will be interested in what is going to be produced.

Nice one!

:)
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:18
Regular
Games are becoming very popular nearly everyone in my year has a PS2 even the really popular kids have them.
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:19
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Please read my post people :)
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:26
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
The_Flying_Hawkstar wrote:
> Games are becoming very popular nearly everyone in my year has a PS2
> even the really popular kids have them.
Yeah even Chris, does he even play on his PS2 or was it just something to waste money on? Well he had enough, i think he had £230 and he got a bike for Christmas. I'm pretty sure that he only got it because everyone else had one. Well i don't think he's played on mine since last month when he played Pro Evolution round my house.
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:35
He got GTA3 but thats only 1 game (not including the one he got with his console) in 4 months!!!
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:44
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
When did he get GTA3? I never knew he had that. I know he has THPS3 and he was going to get MGS2 but he always says loads of bull. Well him having GTA3 is news to me.
Tue 30/04/02 at 09:02
"For the horde!!!!"
wish someone would put 500 quid in my back pocket
Tue 30/04/02 at 09:47
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> When did he get GTA3? I never knew he had that. I know he has THPS3
> and he was going to get MGS2 but he always says loads of bull. Well
> him having GTA3 is news to me.

If you and agent under fire want to chat go to the longest thread and do it there.

Kerrang has spent time writing this topic and doesnt need planks like you spamming your rubbish in here..
Tue 30/04/02 at 09:54
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Good post there Kerrang.

Games are becoming more and more a part of our lives and will continue to do so.

Being slightly older than alot of you here I have grown up with games from just after the begining of their introduction and I can not see them ever going out of my life.

I go through periods of being the compulsive have to play every spare minute type gamer to the 10 minutes a week and back again. That's because I have lots of other things to do apart from play and to be frank there are few games that I play nowadays that really grab me by the short and curlies and demand continual replay.

Maybe this is one of the reasons that every time we go into town I also am drawn into the games shops hoping to find that gem that I have overlooked that jumps out demanding that I take it home.

The games indistry is now bigger than the movie industry and will continue to grow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.