GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Brother on PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 18:47
Regular
Just imagine the scene- 10 completely random PS2 owners selected from the thousands of entries placed in a virtual online house for 10 weeks. Each contestant controls their character in the house in a fashion similar to looking after a Tamagotchi, making sure they don't starve to death or waste their muscles away sitting in the big beanbag 24/7. Each contestant has an option menu whereby they can interact with other contestants, choosing to either gossip about them or make friends with them.

Certain tasks are set each week as is the case in Big Brother and on successful completion the contestants can chose their shopping list with their newly acquired virtual money. When it comes to voting time, each contestant nominates who they want to leave and other onlooking gamers vote on whether they agree with the house or not.

A very demanding gaming idea, but with a lucrative prize, it could be a very rewarding experience sometime in the not-too-distant future.
Mon 29/04/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Just imagine the scene- 10 completely random PS2 owners selected from the thousands of entries placed in a virtual online house for 10 weeks. Each contestant controls their character in the house in a fashion similar to looking after a Tamagotchi, making sure they don't starve to death or waste their muscles away sitting in the big beanbag 24/7. Each contestant has an option menu whereby they can interact with other contestants, choosing to either gossip about them or make friends with them.

Certain tasks are set each week as is the case in Big Brother and on successful completion the contestants can chose their shopping list with their newly acquired virtual money. When it comes to voting time, each contestant nominates who they want to leave and other onlooking gamers vote on whether they agree with the house or not.

A very demanding gaming idea, but with a lucrative prize, it could be a very rewarding experience sometime in the not-too-distant future.
Mon 29/04/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Id love something like that and it would be a great game.

I think im happy with the sims though.

Building a house, creating the family, seeing what each of them do, vote them off accordingly.
But how do i make them stay out of the house do you say?

I just make them go outside somewhere and then build a fence right around them so that they die after a while and then delete the little fence thingy.

Good fun.

:D

Id love a Big Brother game like what you said though. It would be great.

:)
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:06
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I think a game based on Survivor would be a better game because you can do real life events such as collect as many spiders as possible, assult course with sands in ur back pack to slow you down, shrinking a massive piece of ice in water - first team wins. etc rationing with food and talking about people behind their backs and making alliances would be features in the game which would be totally up to the individual.
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:03
I think it's a great idea, although we already have the sims online
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:20
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I agree a Survivor version would be good if you wanted more of a danger element to the game. It would make great gameplay.
Tue 30/04/02 at 08:49
"For the horde!!!!"
there could be two ideas for surviver, a compertion type game where you have to beat other contestants in activties or maybe there could make it into some kind of RPG with stats and mini quests you could do for other competitors to earn thier allegence.
Tue 30/04/02 at 10:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
There have already been two spin off games for big brother 1 and 2 on the PC, and they where complete pants. I haven't played them myself, but a PC games magazine which I read reviewed them, and they both got the scores of 4% and 3%. They where cash ins of corse.

And Hurcules is right, the sims plays like an unofficial game of big brother. You can create a family, put them in a house and watch them interact with each other. It does have a lack of tasks though, so it can sometimes become a bit boring. Still its one of the best life simulators out there at the moment.
Tue 30/04/02 at 12:40
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Oh My God

*little joke there*
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:45
"For the horde!!!!"
will the sims be ported to the PS2 you think?
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gridloch wrote:
> will the sims be ported to the PS2 you think?

I think so. Probably not until the PS2 gets the modem so console owners will be able to download new objects.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.