GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fractured wrist = 6 weeks without sex, foreplay or masturbation…"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 17:12
Regular
Oh, and I couldn’t play video games either! How did I survive? About 6 weeks ago, I was involved in an accident; a skateboarding accident. For my English coursework (and also a topic I was going to post in ukchatforums.com), I was comparing real life skateboarding to that of the Tony Hawks Pro Skater Series (e.g. can you really Ollie off a school-building, grind down a rail, perform a manual at the bottom and survive?)
Obviously I didn’t try that crazy stunt (my principal stopped me before I got the chance), instead I found a dangerously angled slope, got as much speed down it as is physically possible then Ollied a small wall of sandbags at the bottom. Unfortunately, as I landed my enviable show of bravery/stupidity (delete upon personal opinion), my ‘board flew from under my feet and I hit the ground. I got up, shouted several profanities at my ‘mates’ for laughing, then walked home.
“Mum, I think I’ve done something to my hand” I said. She was talking with the neighbour, and considering I didn’t look too worse for ware at the time, told me to go inside and have a drink of water. I rolled back my sleeve and lay my unnaturally looking twisted wrist down as I got a drink of water. I sat down and sipped at the cool liquid. I could feel the colour rushing from my cheeks. My head slammed down on the kitchen table. I didn’t have the energy to lift it up. That’s when my mum walked in to check on me. I resembled a vampire; my skin was so grey. She told me to get in the car and she’d take me to the hospital. After waiting an hour and a half, I was then told I’d fractured my wrist and couldn’t eat anything for the next 8 hour’s while I wait for the operation to rectify it.
Perfect time for a bit of Game Boy Advance action then. Well, it would have had it not been for the fractured wrist. So, there I sat, trying to think of long, interesting conversations so I wouldn’t be lectured on the dangers of Skateboarding. One minute they want me out of the house, the next they want me in!
1 o’clock came round and I was taken down to theatre. Unlike ER, I wasn’t rushed down there with about 6 doctors screaming medical phrases at one another; instead, an elderly porter slowly pushed me down several breezy corridors. I felt a bit sorry for him, pushing this bulky trolley at his age, and contemplated getting off and giving him a hand. Then I realised why I was here and lay back down, wondering where I would get my next gaming fix. After a few more dreary corridors we entered what I guessed was some kind of preparation room. Feeling much like an Alien wishing he’d landed in Area 52 and not 51, I lay quiet, wondering what was going on. After a little talk with the doctor, he (literally) plugged a needle in my good wrist. The sedative took effect quicker than I could say; “Bill Gates is the anti-Christ”.
When I woke up, arm elevated in a very uncomfortable position, I stared at my plaster-covered wrist. It was quite amusing…until I couldn’t think of anymore ‘pot jokes’ to scratch on my cast. The novelty of having a cast had worn off. And because it was in the holidays, I couldn’t show off to the chicks at college. I went to sleep.
When I awoke the next morning, I realised there would be 6 weeks without video games. That’s 6 weeks without thrashing my mates on 4-player Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, ISS 64, etc, etc, the list goes on. Don’t let anyone trick you. Gaming is a drug, and I was simply one of the addicts waiting for my next release. It was frustrating, let me tell you. I was suffering withdrawal symptoms for the first 2 weeks. After that I realised there was no use trying to hold the controller with one hand and stab at the buttons with the other so I tried writing a few topics to post on ukchatforums. As I struggled with the keyboard (I had an average of 14 words per minute), I realised something. What I had just written was crap. It must have been video game depravation that had done it. I consoled myself that soon; I would be playing the mighty GameCube I had recently pre-ordered. May 3rd approaches, and with my pot off, I await the next-gen with open arms. Soon I will be video gaming once again.
After reaching the end of this experience, I will give you all some advice. If you want to continue enjoying video games, don’t leave the house. In fact, buy a mini fridge, order you’re shopping from the Internet and don’t leave the room. The world is a dangerous place and I prescribe self-exile. A life without video games is a fate worse than hell. Than hell. Than hhheeelll… *voice fades slowly away, followed by mad, cackling laughter*.
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I still Skateboard but I'm MUCH more carefull now. I don't think I could survive another 6 weeks without games!!!
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:49
Regular
OUCH! Dan told me what happened but I didn't believe him. That must be the longest you've gone without video games in you're life (I heard he was born with a Game Boy in his hand... how it got there I don't know). Still, could have been worse. In America, some guy jumped off a roof, landed on a rail and tryed to grind it. Unfortunately, his board broke as he hit it! Let's just say Santa won't be giving present's out of that sack anymore! You still Skateboarding? Anybody else Skateboard here?
Mon 29/04/02 at 18:33
Regular
"Omnipresent"
ha ha, you hit the floor BAD. Seriously, he had such a go at us. Mind you, laughing at a guy who's just fractured his wrist is knid of tight. I'm suprised the title hasn't been changed yet. Mind you, people have used tw*t in these forums before so it isn't to bad.
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:53
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
SHEEPY wrote:
> They must be like watermelons

It's so true...well...not that they're green or anything...
*uksgamer2002 runs...really fast*
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
> you have two wrists do you not?
>
> so where is your problem exactly?
>
> I'm only proficcient with one!!!

I mean...erm...it's so big I need both hands!
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:29
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> They must be like watermelons

LOL, funniest thing I have read all day. :-)
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:28
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They must be like watermelons
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:25
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> you have two wrists do you not?
>
> so where is your problem exactly?

I'm only proficcient with one!!!
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I was using the title to draw people in. Any ideas what I should re-name it?
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:21
"Darkness, always"
you have two wrists do you not?

so where is your problem exactly?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.