GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"urgent help required (not a joke)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 16:43
Regular
i have windows xp and for some reason now i turn it on it starts to boot up then say NTLDR is missing and thats as far as i get anyone with any ideas how i can solve this
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:43
i have windows xp and for some reason now i turn it on it starts to boot up then say NTLDR is missing and thats as far as i get anyone with any ideas how i can solve this
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:44
"Darkness, always"
format hard drive.
re-install windows
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:46
Regular
Take the floppy disc out of the drive.
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:46
Regular
Then re-start, obviously.

How are you posting this then, if you're computer's up the creek?
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:48
"Darkness, always"
don't listen to Your Honour. You could have... viruses...

format hard drive.
re-install windows.
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:48
ok first of all this is my other computer and i`ve trying restarting it didn`t work and there is no floppy in it and how do u re-install windows
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:53
Regular
Try flicking the switch on and off
or bang the monitor
or get all red faced then throw the mouse and keyboard across the room in a hissy fit.

Try Ctrl+Alt+Delete
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:54
"Darkness, always"
Boz wrote:
> ok first of all this is my other computer and i`ve trying restarting
> it didn`t work and there is no floppy in it and how do u re-install
> windows

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Actually, i don't know, i've never screwed my PC to the point where I can't start it up. Would hazard a good guess that it has something to do with what is known as a "system disk"
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:00
your best bet is putting in your restore disc and formating you whole system. cos you'll only have to take it in somewhere to get it fixed and you'll lose your info anyway.
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:02
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
i've never screwed my PC to the point where I
> can't start it up.

You are a strange fellow

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.