GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"urgent help required (not a joke)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 16:43
Regular
i have windows xp and for some reason now i turn it on it starts to boot up then say NTLDR is missing and thats as far as i get anyone with any ideas how i can solve this
Wed 01/05/02 at 23:22
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Urgent help required:

I have my left hand stuck in my right pocket. And my head superglued to the desk.

Can anyone help?

(no joke)
Wed 01/05/02 at 20:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/add_thread.php?forumid=206

Please, it's what it's there for.
Wed 01/05/02 at 20:38
Regular
this joke is funny
Wed 01/05/02 at 20:37
i have totally re formatted my computer, installed every thing, downloaded programmes etc.... THREE TIMES IN ONE WEEKS! i spent over 30 hours alltogether. lucky it was the super holidays. do i hold some sort of record?
Wed 01/05/02 at 19:44
ok i`ve got the main comp working and my modem (at last) and i`ve nearly installed all my games (and other programs) and so far i`ve found 2 things not working like they should.

1. 5 of the keys on my keyboard are really messed up and are not what they are meant to be.

and

2. i had office xp and id activated it and it was going ok but because i had to reinstall windows xp it says i have to activate it again but when i try it says this product has been activated on another computer. so i can`t activate it.

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 30/04/02 at 18:57
found recovery disk and now loading it back up 15 mins left. god i hope it works
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:42
that happened to mine, to put it simply your hard drives f****d, you need a new one
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:36
AliBoy wrote:
> does it load up to the desk top or do you get "the blue screen of
> death" ??

what happens is that the chipset screen comes up then after that a black screen with white writing comes up testing memory or somin then it comes up with more then says

boot from cd
boot from cd

and then says

NTLDR is missing
press cont + alt + del to restart

there is no cd or floppy so thats not the problem and also i keep restarting and it comes back to that
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:21
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Try pouring coffee onto the PC case. Now, bang head on wall shouting "me stupid, blah blah". That might work. When my PC bust, that's what I did. Oh no, that's why it bust!
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:15
Regular
"Back For Good"
I'd format the hard drive then create a partition, I had XP Pro for a little while but in the end went back to windows me. About 2% of the software I use worked and lol it went balistic over my drivers, big relief to go back to the windows me :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.