GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"finish your assignments quick!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 16:05
Regular
that is what i did when i hear what is coming in may.
so much stuff is going on and you need to have may free in your diary's.
For this forum, Final fantasy 10 is coming.
for the nintys the gamecube is coming.
and for those saddos who like star wars, episode 2 is coming.
so many assignments, so little time.
i had to finish 3 assignments last week and 1 today.
this is what they were like.
Quiz Questions-Planning
1.1)
For this assignment I have been given a visual basic program. It is fully working but my task is to make changes to it. The changes required are: -
· For 10 Questions to be asked instead of 5
· For 5 answers to be given instead of 4
· To make sure the Questions are totally random
1.2.1)
Here are the Dims of the program. In order to insert extra Questions and answers, I will have to change some Dims. The Dims I can alter the program with are known as Variables. So then, to ask 5 extra questions in the Quiz, I will change Dim Number of questions and set it to 10 instead of 5. Below are the Dims, which tell the program what to do.
Dim NumberOfQuestions 'Total number of questions in the quiz, set to 5
Change number of Questions to 10
Dim NumberAsked 'Number of questions asked so far in the quiz
Dim UserScore 'Number of questions answered correctly by the user
Dim UserName 'Name of the user
Dim PercentageCorrect 'Percentage of questions answered correctly
These Dims don’t have to be changed as they are irrelevant
Dim Questions(5) 'Array holding the questions in the quiz, (has 5 rows)
Change number of rows to 10
Dim Answers(4, 5) 'Array holding the answers in the quiz, (has 4 items across, 5 rows)
Change number of rows to 10 and items across to 5
Dim CorrectAnswers(5) 'Array holding the questions in the quiz,(has 5 rows)
1.2.2)
Changing the Dims has affect on what the program will do with the questions and answers. However, to alter or add new questions you will need to change the ‘set up arrays’.
Sub SetUpArrays()
Questions(1) = "What is a SUB ROUTINE?"
Answers(1, 1) = "Part of a program that holds a value"
Answers(2, 1) = "A section of program that can be re-used"
Answers(3, 1) = "A section of program that returns a value"
Answers(4, 1) = "A control on a form"
CorrectAnswers(1) = "2"
Questions(2) = "What is a FUNCTION?"
Answers(1, 2) = "Part of a program that holds a value"
Answers(2, 2) = "A section of program that can be re-used"
Answers(3, 2) = "A section of program that returns a value"
Answers(4, 2) = "A control on a form"
CorrectAnswers(2) = "3"
Questions(3) = "What does BASIC stand for?"
Answers(1, 3) = "Binary All Safe In Coding"
Answers(2, 3) = "Binding All Sellotape In Celluite"
Answers(3, 3) = "Beginners Allpurpose Symbolic Instruction Code"
Answers(4, 3) = "Bugs All Start In Coding"
CorrectAnswers(3) = "3"
Questions(4) = "Which of these is DEFINATE LOOP?"
Answers(1, 4) = "FOR...NEXT"
Answers(2, 4) = "DO...LOOP UNTIL"
Answers(3, 4) = "WHILE...WEND"
Answers(4, 4) = "WITH...END WITH"
CorrectAnswers(4) = "1"
Questions(5) = "What COLOUR is an ANNOTATION?"
Answers(1, 5) = "Red"
Answers(2, 5) = "Blue"
Answers(3, 5) = "Black"
Answers(4, 5) = "Green"
CorrectAnswers(5) = "4"
NumberOfQuestions = 5
End Sub
If this is the coding for the current questions then to have 10 questions in the quiz, we will change NumberOfQuestions = 5 to NumberOfQuestions = 10.
Then to change the number of answers to 5 we will add an extra answer to every question.
1.2.3)

1.2.4)
I will add an extra cmd button to the programme so that a fifth answer is available when you are asked a question. This is needed because a) it’s there to give you an extra option and b) it’s there in case it’s the right answer.
1.2.5)

Private Sub cmdAnswer4_Click(). CmdAnswer4 will change to 5
If CorrectAnswers(NumberAsked) = "4" Number asked =4 will change to 5
Then MsgBox "Correct"
UserScore = UserScore + 1
Else MsgBox "Wrong, it was " & Answers(CorrectAnswers(NumberAsked), NumberAsked)
End If
Call SetUpQuestion
End Sub

and another

Evaluation

For this assignment I had to make a spreadsheet for game on. They wanted this to keep track of staff wages for the 4 employees they have. Therefore I had to start filling in the template they had provided. This is what the template looks like. It used to be just black and white but I coloured it in a bit to make it look more attractive.

First of all I had to fill in the formulas for the template. The formulas I filled in were for Weekday and weekend pay, Gross pay, National insurance, Income tax, Loyalty bonus and Net pay.
For the national insurance and the Income tax formulas I had to use cell reference. This means the total of the cell is multiplied or divided by another cell. The formula in one cell would look something like this.
=$F$5*J9
This means the cell F5 will multiply J9 to make the answer in L9. So this is what the F5 actually looks like.
And J9 actually looks like this.
The formula will then calculate the answer and it should look like this.
For the Loyalty bonus formula I had to use the If function. This means if a certain value isn’t within a certain range, then it will account to nothing. This probably won’t make any sense when you read it so here I an example to make sense of it.
=IF (E9>10, $I$4,0)
Game on is offering £5 for an employee who works more than 10 hours on a weekend. This formula basically means that if they work for 10 hours or more, than they get a five-pound bonus. If they work for less than 10 hours than they don’t.

The advantages of using formulas like these are because you don’t have to change the whole spreadsheet to update it. Microsoft excel automatically updates the whole spreadsheet when you edit a number so you don’t have to.

This is the template with no numbers entered into the spreadsheet.
If I type 1 number here then the whole spreadsheet should change and look something like this.

When I typed in the number 3, the formulas updated the spreadsheet.

all this today.

would you go to these lengths to finish all your work ready for the upcoming month.
opinions are welcomed.
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:05
that is what i did when i hear what is coming in may.
so much stuff is going on and you need to have may free in your diary's.
For this forum, Final fantasy 10 is coming.
for the nintys the gamecube is coming.
and for those saddos who like star wars, episode 2 is coming.
so many assignments, so little time.
i had to finish 3 assignments last week and 1 today.
this is what they were like.
Quiz Questions-Planning
1.1)
For this assignment I have been given a visual basic program. It is fully working but my task is to make changes to it. The changes required are: -
· For 10 Questions to be asked instead of 5
· For 5 answers to be given instead of 4
· To make sure the Questions are totally random
1.2.1)
Here are the Dims of the program. In order to insert extra Questions and answers, I will have to change some Dims. The Dims I can alter the program with are known as Variables. So then, to ask 5 extra questions in the Quiz, I will change Dim Number of questions and set it to 10 instead of 5. Below are the Dims, which tell the program what to do.
Dim NumberOfQuestions 'Total number of questions in the quiz, set to 5
Change number of Questions to 10
Dim NumberAsked 'Number of questions asked so far in the quiz
Dim UserScore 'Number of questions answered correctly by the user
Dim UserName 'Name of the user
Dim PercentageCorrect 'Percentage of questions answered correctly
These Dims don’t have to be changed as they are irrelevant
Dim Questions(5) 'Array holding the questions in the quiz, (has 5 rows)
Dim Answers(4, 5) 'Array holding the answers in the quiz, (has 4 items across, 5 rows)
Change number of rows to 10 and items across to 5
Dim CorrectAnswers(5) 'Array holding the questions in the quiz,(has 5 rows)
1.2.2)
Changing the Dims has affect on what the program will do with the questions and answers. However, to alter or add new questions you will need to change the ‘set up arrays’.
Sub SetUpArrays()
Questions(1) = "What is a SUB ROUTINE?"
Answers(1, 1) = "Part of a program that holds a value"
Answers(2, 1) = "A section of program that can be re-used"
Answers(3, 1) = "A section of program that returns a value"
Answers(4, 1) = "A control on a form"
CorrectAnswers(1) = "2"
Questions(2) = "What is a FUNCTION?"
Answers(1, 2) = "Part of a program that holds a value"
Answers(2, 2) = "A section of program that can be re-used"
Answers(3, 2) = "A section of program that returns a value"
Answers(4, 2) = "A control on a form"
CorrectAnswers(2) = "3"
Questions(3) = "What does BASIC stand for?"
Answers(1, 3) = "Binary All Safe In Coding"
Answers(2, 3) = "Binding All Sellotape In Celluite"
Answers(3, 3) = "Beginners Allpurpose Symbolic Instruction Code"
Answers(4, 3) = "Bugs All Start In Coding"
CorrectAnswers(3) = "3"
Questions(4) = "Which of these is DEFINATE LOOP?"
Answers(1, 4) = "FOR...NEXT"
Answers(2, 4) = "DO...LOOP UNTIL"
Answers(3, 4) = "WHILE...WEND"
Answers(4, 4) = "WITH...END WITH"
CorrectAnswers(4) = "1"
Questions(5) = "What COLOUR is an ANNOTATION?"
Answers(1, 5) = "Red"
Answers(2, 5) = "Blue"
Answers(3, 5) = "Black"
Answers(4, 5) = "Green"
CorrectAnswers(5) = "4"
NumberOfQuestions = 5
End Sub
If this is the coding for the current questions then to have 10 questions in the quiz, we will change NumberOfQuestions = 5 to NumberOfQuestions = 10.
Then to change the number of answers to 5 we will add an extra answer to every question.
1.2.3)

1.2.4)
I will add an extra cmd button to the programme so that a fifth answer is available when you are asked a question. This is needed because a) it’s there to give you an extra option and b) it’s there in case it’s the right answer.
1.2.5)

Private Sub cmdAnswer4_Click(). CmdAnswer4 will change to 5
If CorrectAnswers(NumberAsked) = "4" Number asked =4 will change to 5
Then MsgBox "Correct"
UserScore = UserScore + 1
Else MsgBox "Wrong, it was " & Answers(CorrectAnswers(NumberAsked), NumberAsked)
End If
Call SetUpQuestion
End Sub

and another

Evaluation

For this assignment I had to make a spreadsheet for game on. They wanted this to keep track of staff wages for the 4 employees they have. Therefore I had to start filling in the template they had provided. This is what the template looks like. It used to be just black and white but I coloured it in a bit to make it look more attractive.

First of all I had to fill in the formulas for the template. The formulas I filled in were for Weekday and weekend pay, Gross pay, National insurance, Income tax, Loyalty bonus and Net pay.
For the national insurance and the Income tax formulas I had to use cell reference. This means the total of the cell is multiplied or divided by another cell. The formula in one cell would look something like this.
=$F$5*J9
This means the cell F5 will multiply J9 to make the answer in L9. So this is what the F5 actually looks like.
And J9 actually looks like this.
The formula will then calculate the answer and it should look like this.
For the Loyalty bonus formula I had to use the If function. This means if a certain value isn’t within a certain range, then it will account to nothing. This probably won’t make any sense when you read it so here I an example to make sense of it.
=IF (E9>10, $I$4,0)
Game on is offering £5 for an employee who works more than 10 hours on a weekend. This formula basically means that if they work for 10 hours or more, than they get a five-pound bonus. If they work for less than 10 hours than they don’t.

The advantages of using formulas like these are because you don’t have to change the whole spreadsheet to update it. Microsoft excel automatically updates the whole spreadsheet when you edit a number so you don’t have to.

This is the template with no numbers entered into the spreadsheet.
If I type 1 number here then the whole spreadsheet should change and look something like this.

When I typed in the number 3, the formulas updated the spreadsheet.

all this today.

would you go to these lengths to finish all your work ready for the upcoming month.
opinions are welcomed.
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:10
"For the horde!!!!"
i couldn't be bothed to read all that but we can look forward to a good year for games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.