GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something simular, but..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 15:46
Regular
15:04

I had pictures of running through the trees, holding hands with hair waving, hearing the songs of birds, the calming voice of the sea repeating my own clear mind.

I wish just once I had stopped to think, not about what had kept me going, but what could have made me stronger, not to escape to, but about that glowing sense that kept me from anything but myself. Waking from the dream... after all, how can you dream what you've never seen?

Thousands of us, all trapped in the confines of the huge wall... we scream and we shout to the ones that march above it, ask them so dearly to just give us their hand, just for one second, it won't take long... but they never do, for if they had lost their footing...

No longer am I having to tell myself to run. Now, I find myself sprinting in all directions, once I had thought, but now I think. Instead of asking for a hand up, I'm knocking the brickwork from underneath them.

They hold me down with one arm while I try to punch them, swinging uselessly at them, because they refuse to understand, and I refuse to communicate. They laugh down at me, tease me with ropes before throwing them in too... people cry in the corners, all trying to settle down and go back to sleep...

But I can't sleep. I'm past that now... I think too much. And as the others settle down, try to slip back into the dreams... I kick them, and I try to wake them... but I fail, I always fail.

So as everyone else sleep around me... what can I do? Tearful, pathetic... I join them, I settle back... there's no hope now, everyone refuses to believe...

And then, the unbelievable occurs... and I settle, and I try to sleep... I dream of one day, how what I could have seen could be true... and then, I'm kicked myself.

Not me... I couldn't have done it... a short sharp pain in my side, waking me once more from the depths of what I may have withdrawn to. And there stands you.

I felt so small, so pathetic, for all that I had tried had failed, and I was so close... so close... but for you to tell me so blatently what I refused to believe... and for me to sit, and do nothing... And for you to put your trust in me? After that?

Maybe you're right... and perhaps we can do it... after all, two people can kick twice as hard...

But why now? Why? It was as if the prayers of my soul were answered directly... waiting until the very edge before acting, deadlines that closed, the hours ticking away until the very brand new day that we all hated to see...

I'm no king, I had no intention of being one... all I wanted to do was help, to help them see... but no-one else had time for me. You spoke and sang and I felt no more than a slap to the face, a beautiful slap that opened my eyes and helped me keep my balance as I swayed with the rocking of my mind.

In a few words, in a few minutes, just even a few seconds... you've accomplished more than I had tried to do... they had no right to follow me, but I KNOW they'll follow you. Because I'll never forget the kick that you gave me, winded me before I even had time to think again.

If you run, we will chase you. If you jump, we will lift you higher. And for all that you try, we'll be there, shouting with your voice as one... The beautiful voice that could knock down the wall all on it's own. We shall follow you as far as you can run, and when you are tired, we'll carry you.

Because we trust you? Yes. Because we love you? Yes. But because you're so strong... we all need our little shoves, our own hugs, comforts... and for all that you push back, and dig your heels into the ground... we'll push harder, and we'll keep pushing until you start walking.

If you need to look back, we'll be here, smiling, waiting patiently until you need us. We'll be right behind you.
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:52
Regular
Thanks guys. :0)
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:21
Regular
Not sure what to say, but if anything, it'd be complimentary...
Just wanted to acknoledge it, show i'd read and appreciated it.
Tue 30/04/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Dude, not sure what goes on inside your head but what comes out is certainly cryptic to say the least!

Excellent stuff. Is like one of those pictures, you look at it and everyone sees something different!
Tue 30/04/02 at 08:17
Regular
"not dead"
And I also read it, just before I left work yesterday, I didn't have time to reply yesterday, but made a point to do so this morning.

It was great, it immediately reminded me of something though, but now, I forget what it was?
Tue 30/04/02 at 01:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Don't think nobody has read this, because I have.

Thanks.
Mon 29/04/02 at 15:46
Regular
15:04

I had pictures of running through the trees, holding hands with hair waving, hearing the songs of birds, the calming voice of the sea repeating my own clear mind.

I wish just once I had stopped to think, not about what had kept me going, but what could have made me stronger, not to escape to, but about that glowing sense that kept me from anything but myself. Waking from the dream... after all, how can you dream what you've never seen?

Thousands of us, all trapped in the confines of the huge wall... we scream and we shout to the ones that march above it, ask them so dearly to just give us their hand, just for one second, it won't take long... but they never do, for if they had lost their footing...

No longer am I having to tell myself to run. Now, I find myself sprinting in all directions, once I had thought, but now I think. Instead of asking for a hand up, I'm knocking the brickwork from underneath them.

They hold me down with one arm while I try to punch them, swinging uselessly at them, because they refuse to understand, and I refuse to communicate. They laugh down at me, tease me with ropes before throwing them in too... people cry in the corners, all trying to settle down and go back to sleep...

But I can't sleep. I'm past that now... I think too much. And as the others settle down, try to slip back into the dreams... I kick them, and I try to wake them... but I fail, I always fail.

So as everyone else sleep around me... what can I do? Tearful, pathetic... I join them, I settle back... there's no hope now, everyone refuses to believe...

And then, the unbelievable occurs... and I settle, and I try to sleep... I dream of one day, how what I could have seen could be true... and then, I'm kicked myself.

Not me... I couldn't have done it... a short sharp pain in my side, waking me once more from the depths of what I may have withdrawn to. And there stands you.

I felt so small, so pathetic, for all that I had tried had failed, and I was so close... so close... but for you to tell me so blatently what I refused to believe... and for me to sit, and do nothing... And for you to put your trust in me? After that?

Maybe you're right... and perhaps we can do it... after all, two people can kick twice as hard...

But why now? Why? It was as if the prayers of my soul were answered directly... waiting until the very edge before acting, deadlines that closed, the hours ticking away until the very brand new day that we all hated to see...

I'm no king, I had no intention of being one... all I wanted to do was help, to help them see... but no-one else had time for me. You spoke and sang and I felt no more than a slap to the face, a beautiful slap that opened my eyes and helped me keep my balance as I swayed with the rocking of my mind.

In a few words, in a few minutes, just even a few seconds... you've accomplished more than I had tried to do... they had no right to follow me, but I KNOW they'll follow you. Because I'll never forget the kick that you gave me, winded me before I even had time to think again.

If you run, we will chase you. If you jump, we will lift you higher. And for all that you try, we'll be there, shouting with your voice as one... The beautiful voice that could knock down the wall all on it's own. We shall follow you as far as you can run, and when you are tired, we'll carry you.

Because we trust you? Yes. Because we love you? Yes. But because you're so strong... we all need our little shoves, our own hugs, comforts... and for all that you push back, and dig your heels into the ground... we'll push harder, and we'll keep pushing until you start walking.

If you need to look back, we'll be here, smiling, waiting patiently until you need us. We'll be right behind you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.