GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA: Vice City"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 15:39
Regular
Finally a confirmation by Sony that a GTA3 add-on is on its way. Vice City will be Grand theft auto's equivalent of the real American city of Miami. Just like in the first game.

Hopefully we'll be treated to a more beautiful and less smoggy city than in the original game, but the question I want to know is will rockstar make use of the PS2's hard drive to give us more cars and a bigger and better city that in GTA 3?

I hope they do.
Mon 29/04/02 at 15:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Finally a confirmation by Sony that a GTA3 add-on is on its way. Vice City will be Grand theft auto's equivalent of the real American city of Miami. Just like in the first game.

Hopefully we'll be treated to a more beautiful and less smoggy city than in the original game, but the question I want to know is will rockstar make use of the PS2's hard drive to give us more cars and a bigger and better city that in GTA 3?

I hope they do.
Mon 29/04/02 at 15:47
"For the horde!!!!"
cipro wrote:
> Finally a confirmation by Sony that a GTA3 add-on is on its way. Vice
> City will be Grand theft auto's equivalent of the real American city
> of Miami. Just like in the first game.
>
> Hopefully we'll be treated to a more beautiful and less smoggy city
> than in the original game, but the question I want to know is will
> rockstar make use of the PS2's hard drive to give us more cars and a
> bigger and better city that in GTA 3?
>
> I hope they do.

i hope with the hardrive coming there won't be many annoying patchs, PC players have so many versions of the same game it loses it's identity.
Mon 29/04/02 at 15:57
Regular
"simpsons rule"
do you no when it is coming out because i will be buying it and also i hope that you can make your own gangs up and have motorbikes and there should be more guns
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:00
reynolds123 wrote:
> do you no when it is coming out because i will be buying it and also i
> hope that you can make your own gangs up and have motorbikes and there
> should be more guns

To have your own gangs would ruin the game though. too many people will want gang wars at the same time which commits a HUGE lag in the internet compartment and too much design and work would have to go into making your own gangs. How about this, you become a games designer and then you can tell them what to do.
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gridloch wrote:
> i hope with the hardrive coming there won't be many annoying patchs,
> PC players have so many versions of the same game it loses it's
> identity.

I'm with you on that one. I have some great games on my PC, but I spend too much time patching the games up than actually playing them. I don't know whether or not the PS2's HD will be used in the same way by developers. I hope not.

Anyway by the time GTA: Vice City is released (October this year I've heard) the PS2 should have both the Hard Drive unit and modem. This means we will be able to download more cars and missions from the internet. It would make the game longer and add to the replayability.
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:24
I hope it will be like the sims because you can download some cool stuff instead of buying add-ons.
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:09
I'm with on welcoming the add on but will the whole hard drive thing fit in with GTA3 on the PC? What I mean is that all the modding/downloading thing can be generated on the PC but will it be possible for user created items (cars etc) to be ported across from the PC game to the PS2 game.

Probably not, I know, but its just interesting, the idea of side by side PS2/PC versions of the same game could become a new big deal. Interesting non?
Mon 29/04/02 at 23:07
Gta 3 for the pc should have had motorcycles. But I don't think it does.
Does it
Mon 29/04/02 at 23:45
Regular
"Touched!"
This sounds like another must-have game to add to my most wanted list! can't wait!!
Tue 30/04/02 at 11:12
Regular
"A man with a stick"
tom20 wrote:
> I'm with on welcoming the add on but will the whole hard drive thing
> fit in with GTA3 on the PC? What I mean is that all the
> modding/downloading thing can be generated on the PC but will it be
> possible for user created items (cars etc) to be ported across from
> the PC game to the PS2 game.
>
> Probably not, I know, but its just interesting, the idea of side by
> side PS2/PC versions of the same game could become a new big deal.
> Interesting non?

Indeed it is an interesting idea. I don't think console owners would want to bog themselves down with spending hours creating skins for new cars or writing scripts for new missions.

The only add-ons from the web for GTA3 on the PS2 I can see, are those from the offical developers, and not user created. Joining up with the PC would mean console and PC gamers would be able to get more add-ons from each others system, and keep the game going for months.

The problem though is that the PC version of the game would be different from the PS2 game sinse they are totally different systems. It may not be possible to convers skins and scripts from the PC to the PS2. Although thats something we'll have to wait and see until we can find out for sure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.