GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Opinions on Korn?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 12:08
Regular
Right, this isn't a 'Korn rule, everyone else sucks thread', I just want to know what other people think of them? When the came on the scene in the 90s I listened to their first two albums quite a lot, but didn't really see what the huge fuss was about. I liked the odd song, but found the albums way too samey sonically. I appreciated that they had a new sound, and if music needs anything, it needs innovators, but didn't think they were the complete article - yet.

I heard their new single this week, and I have to say I like it a lot. Very cool bass. But I'm still not curious enough to check out their new album when it comes out, because I still have this nagging feeling that they are more a singles band than an album band. They were once the 'Great White Hope', and I don't think they really delivered in the longer term. What does everyone else think?
Mon 29/04/02 at 12:08
Right, this isn't a 'Korn rule, everyone else sucks thread', I just want to know what other people think of them? When the came on the scene in the 90s I listened to their first two albums quite a lot, but didn't really see what the huge fuss was about. I liked the odd song, but found the albums way too samey sonically. I appreciated that they had a new sound, and if music needs anything, it needs innovators, but didn't think they were the complete article - yet.

I heard their new single this week, and I have to say I like it a lot. Very cool bass. But I'm still not curious enough to check out their new album when it comes out, because I still have this nagging feeling that they are more a singles band than an album band. They were once the 'Great White Hope', and I don't think they really delivered in the longer term. What does everyone else think?
Mon 29/04/02 at 14:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'd have to agree with you there devo. I bought one of korn's albums 'Follow the leader' because it had the song 'freak on a leash' which I liked. I normally find when I buy an album, I like most of the songs on even though I haven't heard most of them before.

I only found one more song on korns album that I liked, non of the others appealed to me. Like you said devo, korn are much better singles band than an albums band which is probably why I won't buy their new album, despite already liking one of the songs on it.
Mon 29/04/02 at 14:03
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I liked them when I was at school/college.
But then puberty passed, I came out of my metal-postered room and realised Otis Redding was the true voice of disaffected youth.

Korn never did it for me.
How many songs about Jonathan Davies being touched by grown-ups do you need to hear before you think "Ok,I get it now John, please stop shouting"
Mon 29/04/02 at 14:11
In general, what's happened to the days when bands came on the scene, hung around for years, and kept producing quality stuff? There's plenty of good music out there, but not many bands seem to keep it up for a reasonable period of time. One band that springs to mind who haven't yet dropped the ball are Pitchshifter who keep delivering the goods album after album. But most of the time bands show early promise and disappear up their own rectums, split up, or just die. I miss that feeling of anticipating the new album by an artist I know I can rely on for quality music.
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:19
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Korn are amazing as is Slipknot. People think all they are is "AHHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHHHHH, BLAAAA, AHHHHHHHHHH" people never listen. All i can say is what stupid people. They don't even give them a chance. If they don't like them thats fine but I HATE people who judge things because what people have said or a review or something. But thats just one persons opinion. just because some professional writer said don't make it true.

If you actually listen to theses bands they say some pretty good rhyming stuff.
Slipknot, EYEl ES S: " Insane, am I the only Mother F****r with a brain?
I'm Hearing voices but all they do is complain,
How many times have you wanted to kill, every thing
and every one say you'll do it but never will"
Now is that just AHHHHHHHHHHH???
Tue 30/04/02 at 22:18
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I hate Korn.
Tue 30/04/02 at 22:19
Regular
"Bobba you"
Korn SUCKS!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.