GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox does not suck!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 23:20
Regular
Please can people stop writing pointless topics about how bad the XBox is supposed to be. Take a step back, calm down, and look at the facts!

The XBox is the most powerful console on the market - FACT
The XBox has the most work going into online gaming - FACT

Now, you base your opinions on the games, right? So surely it is the games that suck, right? I disagree, I think for the month or so the XBox has been out, the games are absolutely brilliant. Give it six or so months and the variety of games will be huge.

Other common arguments...

Too expensive - Not really, £200 is quite reasonable considering what you get

Pads are crap - Shut up! The pads can be changed for third party ones if you think they are truly that bad. Again, I disagree, I love the XBox pads.

Stop complaining!
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Play more sleep les"
They're people just trying to annoy us by putting us down just because we don't share the same views as them. Maybe we should go and moan on the PS2 and Gamecube forums. Then again, maybe we're not that childish.
Thu 02/05/02 at 18:13
good post there mate
Thu 02/05/02 at 17:14
If people don't like the X Box then why do they come in this forum.
Thu 02/05/02 at 16:51
Regular
"Play more sleep les"
I've noticed a few poems being posted on the site over the past few weeks, so I thought I'd make a contribution. I also think it's a more interesting way to get my point across :)

I finally bought an xbox
Much to my enjoyment
I'm just glad I'm still a student
Or I'd be facing unemployment

I spend too long on Halo
No time for work no more
Just wait 'til Halo 2 comes out
- I'll fail next year for sure.

If I could study Halo
I'd surely do quite well
Instead I'm taking French
And it's making my life hell

I'm glad I'm back in Britain now
To use my new machine
I couldn't take it out to France -
I had no TV screen

And while it may still cost a lot
As most new consoles do
Don't let the price deter you
It beats the PS2!

All respect to Sony, though
The PS2 is going strong
With many games at bargain prices
You can't really go wrong

And soon we'll see the Gamecube
As it joins the console 'war'
Who will win nobody knows
But does it matter anymore?

As gamers let's be thankful
For the great consoles we've got
They're all so good so don't complain
And if you're loaded, buy the lot!

And let's not forget poor Dreamcast
Which was made to rest in peace
It was such a great contender
Until production ceased

Such is the way with consoles
They never last forever
So enjoy that which you have right now
And let's all play together

Seriously guys - let's stop the bitching, have fun and 'Play More'.
Wed 01/05/02 at 09:52
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Another excellent topic Franny.

However, I hate to keep bringing it up but...well...I will anyway. Arguements that the Xbox is so good due to its superior power are fair enough, but i'm sure thats what Dreamcast owners once said when PS1 owners accused their console of being on its way out...

Xbox owners will have also said "we've got a great line up of games" and (quite rightly) Dreamcast owners said the same thing, with titles such as Soul Caliber, Shenmue 1&2, Crazy Taxi, etc....

As for the Xbox's control pads (which incidentally are similar to the Dreamcasts...some might call that a sign!) I'd have to say that i consider them to be the Xbox's worst feature.

Having said this, i had a thought the other day... maybe its not the controllers that are so bad but the way the manufacturers use them. Let me explain. Microsoft made the controllers so that a wide range of combinations could be used. Perhaps the pads aren't designed to be used in cases where too many buttons have different functions. It seems that many games developers make it a priority to find a use for every button. This leaves us with the problem of there being more active/functional buttons than we have fingers.

The Xbox is undeniably an incredible piece of kit and has great potential. However, how much money are Microsoft prepared to lose. (Bill Gates didn't become a multi-billionaire by giving away machines for less than they're worth!)

Personally, i hope the Xbox succeeds as i think this will be best for the gaming industry as a whole because although the GameCube looks good, i think the Xbox is the only console which can seriously consider challenging Sony.

The reason i bought up the Sega Dreamcast is that this proves that Powerful consoles + Good games don't always = Success (but dont ask me why not!)

Cheers Franny, keep burning the midnight oil and providing us with inciteful posts!
Mon 29/04/02 at 08:42
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Remember also that it costs Microsoft around £400 for each machine to make, so thats quite a loss.
Sun 28/04/02 at 23:20
Please can people stop writing pointless topics about how bad the XBox is supposed to be. Take a step back, calm down, and look at the facts!

The XBox is the most powerful console on the market - FACT
The XBox has the most work going into online gaming - FACT

Now, you base your opinions on the games, right? So surely it is the games that suck, right? I disagree, I think for the month or so the XBox has been out, the games are absolutely brilliant. Give it six or so months and the variety of games will be huge.

Other common arguments...

Too expensive - Not really, £200 is quite reasonable considering what you get

Pads are crap - Shut up! The pads can be changed for third party ones if you think they are truly that bad. Again, I disagree, I love the XBox pads.

Stop complaining!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.