GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Usual Suspects"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 22:50
Regular
It's the best damn film ever, and i don't mean that lightly. If you haven't seen this film, then you don't matter to me until you have. I won't go into much detail, but all you have to know is that it's the best crime thriller of the past decade (strange to think it's seven years old already) and it has one of the best endings you'll ever see in your life - forget hokey 'twist' endings like Sixth Sense, this ending will surprise you and the film does become a totally different flick the second time around.

The extras are cool too, there's a whole load of featurettes on the actors and the director, Bryan Singer, plus a gag reel and a special section on Keyser Soze himself, including lots of interesting revelations about the shadowy crime lord. For example, it seems more than a few of the actors thought they were Soze (Gabriel Byrne argued for 30 mins in a car park with Singer when he found out the ending), everyone kept forgetting what his name was ("There is no Seyser Koze") and the real meaning of the name - Keyser = German for 'King', Soze Turkish for 'Talk Too Much'. Sound familiar?

All of the acting is top notch, but performances from Byrne and Spacey stand high above the rest. Benicio Del Toro, as the mumbling Fenster, steals every scene he's in (the other actors all thought his accent was a joke, until he persisted to do it in every scene) and even BioDome's Stephen Baldwin puts in a good performance as the psychotic mcManus. So, the film's great, the extras are fantastic, what more do you want? Okay, I'll let you in on a secret - the infamous line-up scene on the movie posters and the box covers was not the most professional of the movie. Del Toro sums it up by saying "Let's just say somebody farted." Now try watching it with a straight face.
Sun 20/10/02 at 01:58
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
My bro has the special edition but he moved down south just at the end of summer and took it with him. Must get him to come visit and bring it back. :-)
Sat 19/10/02 at 23:56
Regular
Bought the special edition last week from play.com for 8.99 :)

Will get round to watching it soon.
Sat 19/10/02 at 23:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
cookie monster wrote:
> It is a cool film, i didnt expect the ending that much.
>
> I think YH and Goatboy are the same person.

My god, i talk so much bulls**t.
Sat 19/10/02 at 23:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> You're wrong.
>
> Bryan Singer had nothing to do with End of Days.

You're right, Brian Singer didn't have anything to do with that piece of crap film, don't know where I read that from.
Sat 19/10/02 at 22:18
Regular
i thought the film was great, i had heard about the great *twist* at the end but didnt know what it was until the end.
Sat 19/10/02 at 14:04
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
You're wrong.

Bryan Singer had nothing to do with End of Days.

The link to the Usual Suspects comes in the form of Gabriel Bryne who played Dean "Kitten" Keaton in the film.
Sat 19/10/02 at 13:57
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
cipro wrote:
> From what I've read, Bryan Singer took over from Peter Hyams to direct
> End of Days a few months after filming started.

I really hope that isn't true because End of Days was a pile of cack.
Sat 19/10/02 at 11:14
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Awesome fil, and I couldn't resist popping it. Got the SE Dvd a few months ago, and it's got awesome extras. Go see.
Tue 30/04/02 at 11:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
From what I've read, Bryan Singer took over from Peter Hyams to direct End of Days a few months after filming started.
Tue 30/04/02 at 09:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Sadat-X wrote:
> Surely not indeed. End of Days was in fact directed by Peter Hyams.

---------

I've read many times that it's the same director. Maybe it had the same producer or something, though, and some idiot has got confused

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.