GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"perfect dark-zero on gamecube how can it better perfect dark on n64"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 19:23
Regular
I at one time or another have owned all of nintendos consoles but the 1 game i keep coming back to is perfect dark no matter how many times i complete it i allways seem to be drawn back to it.
so my question is this how can rare better what is in my mind the best fps ever
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:57
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
There are quite a few things that i know Rare could put into perfect dark zero, so here they r:
1.the graphics can be upgraded, as the gc can abviously handle it
2.the AI of the enemy can be greatly increased, with more reactions an stuff like that
3.more missions than b4, maybe with different stories to each other. eg one set of about 20 missions could be about taking our datadyne, another could be about a new threat, another the skedar, etc
4.Rare could include a 3rd person view, although i personally dont think a shootem up should have 3rd person, cos its hard to aim, and the whole point is you are looking at the game from Joanna(or anyone elses) point of view
5.new weapons
6.more varied levels, like a race with maiyan(i hope i spelt it right) spaceships or a level totally based around one enemy, ie a boss battle.

i could go on, but i think i'v made my point, Rare won't dissapoint us thats for sure, and PD zero will be well worth buying.
Sun 28/04/02 at 20:06
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Thats why I said could and not would! But they usally try to brake the mold with new titles, and not exsisting ones. Example Banjo Kazzoie! Mario can get away with it now because he is soooo big and has been in many different types of games!
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:46
Regular
"are you serious"
you r right to say that it could backfire badly but did that stop rare from making goldeneye or nintendo from making zelda
no thats because nintendo are about revolution they allways try to break the mold
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:43
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Thats all any of them do. Why change a winning formular, they will only put the things in that they couldnt fit into the N64 because of the amount of space or the power of the machine. Its either that or the do a dramatic change a la Zelda. But the thing about that is, it could backfire badly!
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
great game
just bought it
on last level
music is annoying
see post i did today
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:38
Regular
"are you serious"
yes but with games like deus ex out there rare want to b aiming a little higher than simply the same again with better graphics.
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:33
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
The topic line answers itself, its on gamecube! Its like asking how can they make a film better, there is no formular. It tends to be the same just different story line with a few little extra features like better graphics!
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:23
Regular
"are you serious"
I at one time or another have owned all of nintendos consoles but the 1 game i keep coming back to is perfect dark no matter how many times i complete it i allways seem to be drawn back to it.
so my question is this how can rare better what is in my mind the best fps ever

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.