GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YH QotD."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 18:50
Regular
Todays question:

Why is it that when you start a job, pretty much the VERY first thing you're told is how much notice you have to give when you want to leave?

Seems a little weird to me...
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:45
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Yeah I know, but its a 2 hour commute otherwise! I probably won't live in the middle of London, looking at maybe Croydon, something like that. But money won't be too much of a problem, working for an investment bank!
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:33
Regular
Renting in London?! You're having a giraffe aren't you!?

It's DAMN expenisve to live in London, but then depending on how much you're getting paid for it, you may be able to afford it...
Tue 30/04/02 at 14:29
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Well, not really either. I go to Uni at York, live in Worthing (south coast, near Brighton) and I'll be working in London. I'll probably commute for the first couple of weeks until I get myself sorted out, then find a place to rent.
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:14
Regular
The GingerLord wrote:
> Ah, a placement comrade! I start mine end of June, looking forward to
> it too!

Were you lucky enough to either get a job near the uni, so you can stay living with your mates? Or near where you live? Or, like me,did you get one bloody miles away so you had to sort out other accomodation etc?

> Who are you working for?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. :-D Seriously, it's a real small company and we do work for the MoD so I can't say too much.

>What are you doing?

My course is Electronic Engineering. So I'm, doing electronics and engieering :-D Mainly software stuff though, programming. Mainly in C and C++.

Have you enjoyed it/found it useful?

I've certainly learnt a lot about myself, and working life. Haven't really done much to do with the course. It's been good, I'm glad I've done it. It'll look good on my CV as well.

Which uni are you at and what are you studying?

De Montfort in Leicester, Electronic Engineering.

> Sorry about the no. of questions!

Lol, no worries. Sorry about all the answers... :-D
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:19
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Ah, a placement comrade! I start mine end of June, looking forward to it too!

Who are you working for? What are you doing? Have you enjoyed it/found it useful? Which uni are you at and what are you studying?

Sorry about the no. of questions!
Sun 28/04/02 at 22:39
Regular
I haven't got a new job, no.

NEarly finished this one actually. For those that don't remember, I'm on a years placement as part of my uni course. I finish in 2 months today.

I have absolutely no idea where the last 10 months have gone, a year seemed such a long time on the first day of my job as well...
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
Never worked, so I wouldn't know.

My guess is the same as monkey_man's, got a new job?
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've never worked so I wouldn't know
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:57
Regular
Yeah, the first weeks are rocky. I expect that's where most of the workforce drops away, and has to be replaced.
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
'cos all jobs suck at first. I wanted to leave my first job after a week but I eventually stayed there for 2 and a half years and really enjoyed myself.

You got a new job YH?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.