GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"English Coursework - rejected due to short length"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 16:11
Regular
George Huxley sat at his desk, thinking.

If you tell someone something enough times, they believe you. If The Times publish that black is white, you think it's some kind of joke. If then Radio 1 starts to tell you that black is white, you think that it's some kind of joint joke. When The Sun, Daily Telegraph, and Channel 4 tell you black is white, you think that there is some kind of joke that you don't get. But when this is told to you by every channel on every medium, for months on end, stated as though it is fact, you will believe it. And even if you don't, other people will, and they will convince you that there is at least some truth in it.

You think that this is rubbish? Well my friend, you have been deceived by the cunning of the combined government and media.

I'd like you to cast your mind back to a certain day, one that I think you will probably remember. September 11th? OK, cheers. You remember how mortified you were that day? You remember how you sat down on your sofa, switched the TV on to watch cartoons, and instead got pictures of a plane flying into a building? You remember how you were shown scenes of Arabs cheering, and remember how the next day at school/work you condemned Osama Bin Laden and all Arabic people with him?

If you had been asked who Osama Bin Laden was before you turned on your TV that day, you wouldn't have known who he was. I certainly didn't. If you had been shown a photograph of him, you would have been completely bemused.

But had the US had its way back when Oaklahoma was bombed, you would have known who he was just as well as you know him now. You see, when it was bombed, the United Stateses first reaction was to blame…yup, Osama Bin Laden. They must have been quite disappointed when the other guy owned up to it - they'd have to wait another few years to go and interfere in the Middle East again.

Sept 11th has been grossly over-hyped, nearly to Queen Mothers Death levels. Yes, it was awful, and yes it is a terrible tragedy. But as far as tragedies go, Sept 11th has gotten more attention that it deserves. In the same way as Bill Hick's death should have gotten the coverage the Queen Mother got, the genocide's in Rwanda and Kosovo are much more important than September the eleventh. Even in the name…look, Sept 11th is usually referred to by a date, just one day - the killings in Rwanda so terrible that they were carried out over a period of months.

I guess the most amazing thing about the war was the disparity in the casualties… Iraq - 150,000 casualties, USA…79! Does that mean if we sent over 80 guys, we'd still have won? - Bill Hicks

See, why are we not talking about the tragedy in Iraq, where the vastly superior American troops bombed the hell out of an army that could probably have gotten better equipment off the streets of New York? Rhetorical question that - it's because the only sources of facts we have can all be manipulated by The Government. People say that the Internet is all rumours and lies? Try looking in your paper, my friend.

Oh, and while we're near to Mr. Hussein and his area of the world - why do we insist on having our weapons inspectors verify that he does in fact have nuclear capabilities? Surely George Bush, the man who gets befuddled by the political and philosophical qualities of a pretzel, and America, the country responsible for more deaths in the last 60 years than any other, are more of a threat when it comes to nuclear bombing?

September 11th was not the world-changing event it has been portrayed as by the media. All it has done is expose the fact that 2,800 Americans are worth more than 7,000 people in Rwanda.

Which is very sad indeed.
Mon 29/04/02 at 13:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
In the same way as Bill Hick's death should have gotten the
> coverage the Queen Mother got, the genocide's in Rwanda and Kosovo are
> much more important than September the eleventh. Even in the
> name…look, Sept 11th is usually referred to by a date, just one day -
> the killings in Rwanda so terrible that they were carried out over a
> period of months.
>
> I guess the most amazing thing about the war was the disparity in the
> casualties… Iraq - 150,000 casualties, USA…79! Does that mean if we
> sent over 80 guys, we'd still have won? - Bill Hicks

---

A+.
Your teacher probably didnt like this because he/she didn't know who Hicks is, and doesn't like a pupil in school thinking outside of the lines.
Don't worry, write some rubbish about safe topics and you'll get a nice decent mark to help you ease into a comfortable job with money and kids that look like kids.

Screw what your teacher told you, this essay was 100% a good thing.
Sun 28/04/02 at 20:23
Regular
Nice tagline, by the way. :0)
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:27
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Very Orwellian and very good.

Look at the very first line.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:22
Regular
"A square watermelon"
I think I tried to say something like this before, though definatly not as well written.

Well done.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I am angry.

Moi aussi.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Very Orwellian and very good.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:15
Regular
I am angry.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:11
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
George Huxley sat at his desk, thinking.

If you tell someone something enough times, they believe you. If The Times publish that black is white, you think it's some kind of joke. If then Radio 1 starts to tell you that black is white, you think that it's some kind of joint joke. When The Sun, Daily Telegraph, and Channel 4 tell you black is white, you think that there is some kind of joke that you don't get. But when this is told to you by every channel on every medium, for months on end, stated as though it is fact, you will believe it. And even if you don't, other people will, and they will convince you that there is at least some truth in it.

You think that this is rubbish? Well my friend, you have been deceived by the cunning of the combined government and media.

I'd like you to cast your mind back to a certain day, one that I think you will probably remember. September 11th? OK, cheers. You remember how mortified you were that day? You remember how you sat down on your sofa, switched the TV on to watch cartoons, and instead got pictures of a plane flying into a building? You remember how you were shown scenes of Arabs cheering, and remember how the next day at school/work you condemned Osama Bin Laden and all Arabic people with him?

If you had been asked who Osama Bin Laden was before you turned on your TV that day, you wouldn't have known who he was. I certainly didn't. If you had been shown a photograph of him, you would have been completely bemused.

But had the US had its way back when Oaklahoma was bombed, you would have known who he was just as well as you know him now. You see, when it was bombed, the United Stateses first reaction was to blame…yup, Osama Bin Laden. They must have been quite disappointed when the other guy owned up to it - they'd have to wait another few years to go and interfere in the Middle East again.

Sept 11th has been grossly over-hyped, nearly to Queen Mothers Death levels. Yes, it was awful, and yes it is a terrible tragedy. But as far as tragedies go, Sept 11th has gotten more attention that it deserves. In the same way as Bill Hick's death should have gotten the coverage the Queen Mother got, the genocide's in Rwanda and Kosovo are much more important than September the eleventh. Even in the name…look, Sept 11th is usually referred to by a date, just one day - the killings in Rwanda so terrible that they were carried out over a period of months.

I guess the most amazing thing about the war was the disparity in the casualties… Iraq - 150,000 casualties, USA…79! Does that mean if we sent over 80 guys, we'd still have won? - Bill Hicks

See, why are we not talking about the tragedy in Iraq, where the vastly superior American troops bombed the hell out of an army that could probably have gotten better equipment off the streets of New York? Rhetorical question that - it's because the only sources of facts we have can all be manipulated by The Government. People say that the Internet is all rumours and lies? Try looking in your paper, my friend.

Oh, and while we're near to Mr. Hussein and his area of the world - why do we insist on having our weapons inspectors verify that he does in fact have nuclear capabilities? Surely George Bush, the man who gets befuddled by the political and philosophical qualities of a pretzel, and America, the country responsible for more deaths in the last 60 years than any other, are more of a threat when it comes to nuclear bombing?

September 11th was not the world-changing event it has been portrayed as by the media. All it has done is expose the fact that 2,800 Americans are worth more than 7,000 people in Rwanda.

Which is very sad indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.