GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daft Punk"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 13:41
Regular
I did a post similar to this a couple of months ago but it nether really got many replies. Does anyone like Daft Punk?

I ask this is I love the French Duo but most people at school are into punk/nu metal etc and for some reason don't like them. Now I thought that if I share my thoughts with you guys I might get some feedback!

Thanks The BIGMAN :-)
Sun 28/04/02 at 13:41
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I did a post similar to this a couple of months ago but it nether really got many replies. Does anyone like Daft Punk?

I ask this is I love the French Duo but most people at school are into punk/nu metal etc and for some reason don't like them. Now I thought that if I share my thoughts with you guys I might get some feedback!

Thanks The BIGMAN :-)
Sun 28/04/02 at 14:23
I agree with you Daft Punk rule. i loved their firt album, but this new ones a bit lame really. but their still good
Sun 28/04/02 at 15:51
Regular
Ye, liked Daft Punk ever since I heard Around the world.

The Video for that is pretty cool, and I really like the video for Da Funk. Most of Discovery is pretty crap though. One more time is cool though.
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:48
"Darkness, always"
Daft Punk are the best thing ever to come out of France.

utter, utter, utter class.
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:32
what about luc besson?
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:33
"Darkness, always"
Daft Punk > Luc Besson > rest of France
Tue 30/04/02 at 10:38
What is it with kids only being able to like one kind of music (referring to your nu metal mates)? OK some do investigate other genres of music, and then come to the conclusion that they only like one. But it seems a lot of kids are willing to fit into a group and don't want to venture outside of it. A similar thing was going on when I was a kid.

Anyway, they're missing out. Daft Punk are OK, but if you want some other electro retro style music try Les Rhythmes Digitales, or the superb Felix Da Housecat. FdH mixes early 80s electronic bloops, with synthesizers that wouldn't be out of place on a 80s film soundtrack. Whereas Daft Punk seem to be more a caricature of the past, FdH is more of a natural successor.
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:52
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Well it's good to see that some people do like them! I have both albums but actually think the second album 'discovery' is better. My favourite songs are 'Digital Love', 'One more time', 'Harder Better Faster Stronger', 'Areodynamic', 'Around the World' and 'Da Funk'. All great songs from the French duo, especially 'Digital Love' which is by far my favourite!

Thanks BIGMAN
Tue 30/04/02 at 18:09
Regular
I liked their singles and have been meaning to get their album for ages but have still not got it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.