GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future Gaming"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 12:42
Regular
At the moment game developers make the games that we buy. Wouldn't it be good if we got to choose the games?I mean in the future sometime if someone made this game where you entered the things you like best in games like if you prefere platformers or racers or something and things you like about characters such as their abilities and appearence. Then the type of levels that you most enjoy and it could mix them up. So if you like out door things like forests of the beach. If you also like in door levels that have machines to be aware of. Then once You've comlpeted this it would generate the perfect game for you. Of course the things would enter would be different for each type of game.Also it would be cool if oyu could upload music onto your console or choose ones that are already on it, then choose what levels to put them on and in each situation like danger or if your in a rush. There could be a reset option so that once you have completed it you can change the game. But I dont think this would be allowed bacause then no one would have to buy anymore games unless they broke or something.Another thing you will have to do is put in the controls and difficulty settings. Voices, it would be alot of fun to be able to record voices and put them with the characters you want, also, I know you will be able to do this soon - being able to upload pictures of yourself or friends, even your parents with a digital camara. By then oyu should be able to enjoy some VR glasses that make it look and feel that you are actually in the game!

I would probably enter something like a platformer/adventure game with a good looking character and some nice looking moves. The character I would create would probably be medium hight, sticky-upy pointy hair, quite muscly and some decent clothes. He would probably a power kick or punch and some special ability like being able to shoot fire out of his hand or something.
I would put in some good and detailed areas that are large too. I would want some different types of them too like under water and flying levels but none of the ones I don't like and they are mostly the bits where you have to chase something or do someting hard in a short amount of time. I would also like a bigger variety of enemies and the bosses not defeated in a repeated pattern because I find them boring. I think I would upload some music but not the ones with words just the music. I think it would not sound very good with loud or quick words.. I would put in my own voice but not in the main character but in one of the bad guys. I don't think my voice would sound very good on the hero.

I think the plot would be a fun one. With you making up what ahppens but the consol making up some bits such as the twists so you will not know what will happen.

I would have my main character being trained by this old wise man or something, then have a bad guy (which you could also design aswell as the bosses) come and destroy part of a village or maybe the teacher of my character. Then my character would avenge the teacher. Then he would come across some other characters (that the console could make up) and become allies and go through the game together and work as a team (like in MGS2 which was very good). Then they work them selve through the game to the end where the big fight happens and to complete the game you have to defeat the last boss. That may not sound very much fun because it osunds like every other game. But with the twists and little details that you would put in I think someone could make a game like this very exciting and enjoyable to play, and someone clever could add some little riddles that need to be answered and solved to progress.

The developers that might make this kind of game will have to think about the gamplay and graphics. They would need to do the gameplay for each kind of game that you could choose from.By then though if this type of game does come out they shouldn't have to worry that much about the graphics so they should concentrate on the gameplay.

If this does happen do you think it would be a good or bad thing? And what kinds of things would you enter to create YOUR perfect game?
Mon 29/04/02 at 11:51
"For the horde!!!!"
i rarly read long posts. The idea of sending game sergesions to the developers is a good point to make. Some already use player feed back with their developments.
Sun 28/04/02 at 22:33
Regular
so everyone thought this post was rubbish aswell then?
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:40
Regular
ooops. that was supposed to be Not very good at long posts
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:39
Regular
oh and by the way I'm very good at long posts like this, this is just something I thought of. It may not seem as well writting as everyone elses but I'm only 12 and am not very good with writing :)
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:38
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
That's why I always but my games somewhere where I can exchange them if I don't like them! Sorry, that sounded a bit sarcastic didn't it.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:36
Regular
Trish wrote:
>It sounds like a lot of hard
> work just to play a game. But that's just my opinion.

Well yeah, I guess so.
But it might save people money actually maing a game that you know you will like instead of buying one they may not like.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:33
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I don't really think it's an idea that would appeal to too many people though but if it does ever catch on in the future you can always say "I thought of that years ago!" It sounds like a lot of hard work just to play a game. But that's just my opinion.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:23
Regular
Yeah but if your like that then you can just buy one that is already made.
But this is just an idea. :¬|
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:13
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I prefer to be able to just sit down and play the game myself without having to create it first!
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:00
Regular
white_pele66 wrote:
>I just dont have time to read it but im
> sure its good!

It's not really...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.