GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YOUR TOP SERIES"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/01/08 at 08:55
Regular
"THFC"
Games very often come in a series of games. It is rare to find just one game, without developers trying to milk the franchisee for more money. Sometimes this is welcomed with open arms (such as any final fantasy, GTA, MGS Game) and sometimes you just wish they never bothered.

I was just having a little think to myself and thought i would bring it on here for everyone to discuss. What are your TOP 3 GAMING SERIES'??

I know picking 3 won't be easy because there are so many great games out there which we all love. Also, let people know why you like the series, what made you like it etc etc.

My top 3 are

1. Final Fantasy ( i played 7, enough said)

2. Legend of Zelda ( had everyone since the NES, they are just great)

3. Ratchet & Clank ( fun, addicitve, quirky - platforming genius IMO)

While i have respect for so many more games out there, i just thought it would be fun to see what all your opinions are, and to be honest, my games probably change everyday, but thats they great things about games.

So what game series have you bitting your nails until the next installment, or praying that there will be a next installment?

Look forward to some of your posts and hope we can have some fun with this!
Mon 18/02/08 at 17:01
Regular
Street Fighter
WipEout
Final Fantasy

And the ones that didn't quite make it:

Tekken
Tomb Raider
Metal Gear
Sonic The Hedgehog (ruined by "next gen" versions...
Tue 29/01/08 at 13:12
Regular
"you've got a beard"
mario rules all!
i enjoyed the 2d platform games and the various iterations of mario kart.
Tue 29/01/08 at 11:54
Regular
"THFC"
lol - i have more aswell, just tried to keep it down.

Resident evil is great - but i didnt like survivor. Aint tried umbrella chronicles yet but it dont look bad.

Megaman is old school - megaman 3, good times
Mon 28/01/08 at 22:05
"There is onlyONE!!!"
sorry i have mor than three
Mon 28/01/08 at 22:05
"There is onlyONE!!!"
my top game sereis would have to be as follows :

>final fantasy (there is no beter game than ff7)

>THE LEGEND OF ZELDA(thanks to the link to the past and ocrina of time )

>metal gear solid (who wouldn't love to air out any government dirty laundry)

>RESIDENT EVIL (there was only one game i the seires that messed them up and it was "OUT BREAK" all of the rest were some of the best games i have ever played)

>mega man (megaman was the best side scroller i ever played wether it be the origenal,X,and even zero but theres always one bad egg in the bunch and that was the megaman battle network whitch was the worst game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 28/01/08 at 10:27
Regular
"THFC"
Yea, i too love certain developers, like you said, square, any RPG i see from them i look into right away.

Sometimes it's hard, the games industry relies on the internet so much, i miss the good ol days of Games Master! seeing the latest games on your TV
Wed 23/01/08 at 01:00
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I used to be a serial gamer (Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo) until I switched platforms and realised that I was missing out on all the other games.

Now I follow developers instead, anything new by Square Enix, Level 5 or Mistwalker Studios gets me excited.

Looking forward to Lost Odyssey (Mistwalker), The Last Remnant (Square Enix) and finally getting around to finishing Dragon Quest VIII. (FXII is getting in the way of everything at the moment).

Any time an mmorpg hits the consoles though, serials and developers go out the window and I'm engrossed in the likes of EverQuest Online Adventures, Phantasy Star Universe and FFXI.

I've got my beady eye on Age of Conan on the 360 towards the end of this year and am always searching for more information on the new mmorpgs from Square Enix and Mistwalker, hopefully February's GDC will shed a bit more light on them.
Tue 22/01/08 at 08:55
Regular
"THFC"
Games very often come in a series of games. It is rare to find just one game, without developers trying to milk the franchisee for more money. Sometimes this is welcomed with open arms (such as any final fantasy, GTA, MGS Game) and sometimes you just wish they never bothered.

I was just having a little think to myself and thought i would bring it on here for everyone to discuss. What are your TOP 3 GAMING SERIES'??

I know picking 3 won't be easy because there are so many great games out there which we all love. Also, let people know why you like the series, what made you like it etc etc.

My top 3 are

1. Final Fantasy ( i played 7, enough said)

2. Legend of Zelda ( had everyone since the NES, they are just great)

3. Ratchet & Clank ( fun, addicitve, quirky - platforming genius IMO)

While i have respect for so many more games out there, i just thought it would be fun to see what all your opinions are, and to be honest, my games probably change everyday, but thats they great things about games.

So what game series have you bitting your nails until the next installment, or praying that there will be a next installment?

Look forward to some of your posts and hope we can have some fun with this!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.