GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lucky Lucky United!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 09:44
Regular
A Ruud van Nistelrooy penalty kept Manchester United in the hunt for the Premiership title, after a 1-0 win over relegation-haunted Ipswich.
Ipswich knew that a win would move them out of the relegation zone on goal difference ahead of Sunderland, who had drawn 2-2 with Charlton at The Valley, while United knew they had to win to cut Arsenal's lead in the title race.
It was van Nistelrooy who again sealed the points for United, slotting home a spot kick on the stroke of half-time after Titus Bramble was harshly adjudged to have brought down the striker in the box.
Van Nistelrooy headed wide for United early on and Wes Brown saved the champions at the other end with a last-ditch tackle on Marcus Bent.
The Dutch striker missed a gilt-edged chance in the 18th minute from close range, shooting over the bar and Bent then headed wide after a cross from Martijn Reuser.
Andy Marshall made a great save from a Diego Forlan header and the Uruguayan striker then had a shot hit the side netting.
United were then awarded the controversial penalty which van Nistelrooy coolly finished.
In the second half Matt Holland hit a shot in the 58th minute straight at Roy Carroll and just after the hour mark Bramble missed a good chance, with the ball going just wide.
Holland then had a header which went over, while Paul Scholes set up Keane in the 88th minute and the midfielder's 25-yard shot hit the bar.
Right at the death Ipswich almost got an equaliser when a cross into the box fell to Fabian Wilnis, but the Dutchman shot wide.
The result means United are two points behind leaders Arsenal with two matches left for Sir Alex Ferguson's side, while The Gunners have a game in hand.

you lucky so and so's! that was never a penalty! grrr the man united get the decisions again!
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yes we were lucky for the penalty, but overall, I think we played well enough to have won the match without it anyway.
Neither team didn't really look too threatening, but when we got going we had at least 3 chances that should've gone in the back of the net!
Keane's rocket off the bar, van Nistelrooy's 6-yard sky-high finnish, and Forlan's left-footed drive that was blocked well by the keeper.

Aside from the penalty, we deserved to win than match. But our defence didn't look too secure and we should've been punished by that Ipswich attack twice!

Oh, and 'Wes Brown for England'!! :D
Sun 28/04/02 at 15:17
Regular
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
> These things happen and every team in the premiership have had their
> own share or luck, whether it is dodgy penaltys, goals which went in
> but not given or whatever remember when Ipswitch won promotion? should
> they have won promotion? dodgy goal decision.
>
> What I do know is that a team doesnt gain relegation/championship over
> one game, its how the perform in a season that counts.
>
> Facts are facts - Ipswitch have been woeful this season.

true i agree with what you say. i only posted this because arsenal got a lot of stick for west hams "goal" the other night.
Sun 28/04/02 at 11:18
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i agree with you it was lucky but it shouldent of been down to luck it should of been a walkeover for united but with so many key players missing thats all they had on there side luck but vanistelrooy should of scored early on but he missed
the title is going to be close but i have a felling man u will just clinch it
Sun 28/04/02 at 10:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
These things happen and every team in the premiership have had their own share or luck, whether it is dodgy penaltys, goals which went in but not given or whatever remember when Ipswitch won promotion? should they have won promotion? dodgy goal decision.

What I do know is that a team doesnt gain relegation/championship over one game, its how the perform in a season that counts.

Facts are facts - Ipswitch have been woeful this season.
Sun 28/04/02 at 09:44
Regular
A Ruud van Nistelrooy penalty kept Manchester United in the hunt for the Premiership title, after a 1-0 win over relegation-haunted Ipswich.
Ipswich knew that a win would move them out of the relegation zone on goal difference ahead of Sunderland, who had drawn 2-2 with Charlton at The Valley, while United knew they had to win to cut Arsenal's lead in the title race.
It was van Nistelrooy who again sealed the points for United, slotting home a spot kick on the stroke of half-time after Titus Bramble was harshly adjudged to have brought down the striker in the box.
Van Nistelrooy headed wide for United early on and Wes Brown saved the champions at the other end with a last-ditch tackle on Marcus Bent.
The Dutch striker missed a gilt-edged chance in the 18th minute from close range, shooting over the bar and Bent then headed wide after a cross from Martijn Reuser.
Andy Marshall made a great save from a Diego Forlan header and the Uruguayan striker then had a shot hit the side netting.
United were then awarded the controversial penalty which van Nistelrooy coolly finished.
In the second half Matt Holland hit a shot in the 58th minute straight at Roy Carroll and just after the hour mark Bramble missed a good chance, with the ball going just wide.
Holland then had a header which went over, while Paul Scholes set up Keane in the 88th minute and the midfielder's 25-yard shot hit the bar.
Right at the death Ipswich almost got an equaliser when a cross into the box fell to Fabian Wilnis, but the Dutchman shot wide.
The result means United are two points behind leaders Arsenal with two matches left for Sir Alex Ferguson's side, while The Gunners have a game in hand.

you lucky so and so's! that was never a penalty! grrr the man united get the decisions again!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.