GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do You Want To Be A Millionaire??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/10/00 at 19:54
Regular
I played the game 'Who Wants To Be A Milionaire' with some of my freinds, and when we eventually completed it 'together' we all thought to our selves what a waste of money it was, I mean instead of 'phoning a freind' he asked everyone in the room to see if they knew, and when he 'asked the audience' it was the same thing, why was such a small game avaliable for so much money? My mate paid £25 for this game, and I think deep down he regrets his decision.
But on the bright side of things, the game is brilliant and if you want something new to play on a night in, then this is the game to get, Chris Tarrent teases you with his words, and there is a sigh of relief when you get the answer correct. I leave it to you.
Thu 19/10/00 at 19:54
I played the game 'Who Wants To Be A Milionaire' with some of my freinds, and when we eventually completed it 'together' we all thought to our selves what a waste of money it was, I mean instead of 'phoning a freind' he asked everyone in the room to see if they knew, and when he 'asked the audience' it was the same thing, why was such a small game avaliable for so much money? My mate paid £25 for this game, and I think deep down he regrets his decision.
But on the bright side of things, the game is brilliant and if you want something new to play on a night in, then this is the game to get, Chris Tarrent teases you with his words, and there is a sigh of relief when you get the answer correct. I leave it to you.
Fri 20/10/00 at 20:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
This guy won a game with this. No offence but it is not really the best is it!
Fri 20/10/00 at 20:22
Regular
He wasn't originally going to, but someone cheated, so the bloke who originally won was disqualified, and Simon one instead.
Fri 20/10/00 at 22:30
Regular
Well he won, luckily i said something to wake Ali up!
Sun 22/10/00 at 21:11
I recently when out and spent £29.99 on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'. I managed to work my way up to some hard earned £250,000. Then I realised, what was I getting out of it? Nothing, I spent all this time searching through atlas', asking parents and virtually everybody I knew to help me. I got to the £1m mark and then I had a vision, why doesn't somebody create an accessory to plug into the back of your PC/PS that PRINTS OUT REAL BANK NOTES when you get the questions right. How's that for 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'. All we need now is a talking blow-up Chris Tarrant doll to seat in a chair that says 'Are you sure?', 'But we don't want to give you that.' and 'Is that your final answer?' and you've got 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' in your home down to a tee!
Mon 23/10/00 at 10:45
Regular
"not dead"
I played on the pub version of the game on Saturday night, and got to the equivolent of the 64000 prize. What did I get? £4. Oh well. It bought a couple of pints. And it's better than the big pile of nothing you get with the game!
Maybe they should have had a feature where once you reached the 1million mark you were given an address and code, you send the code to the address, and they enter you into a draw for 1million!nAt least then you'd have a chance of winning something!
Tue 24/10/00 at 20:18
My mate paid 29.99£ for this running start stop voice saying is that your final answer after answering the first question he didn't have a N64
Tue 24/10/00 at 20:27
I brought the game and I have to admit I don't play on it
but my N64 is in my room so i'd like you to share my pain
final answer are you sure you still have 2 lifelines left
I might do what my mate done but only to the game not the N64 I've got nineteen games 1 more then i'll have 20 which I might be getting soon from gameaday then that saying might come true
Tue 31/10/00 at 18:53
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I rented the Dreamcast version of this game earlier today and I have to say it fails abysmally on the most important aspect - the questions. There are obviously far, far, far too few of them. I'd galdly forfeit the spoken phone-a-friend answers in favour of more questions. I've played it for about 1 1/2 hours altogether and already one in every 5 questions (at least!) is one I've seen before! What's the point in that? The game goes back on Thursday and I'm sure by then I'll be able to play though most of it answering most of the questions simply because I've seen them before! Admittedly the answers are in a different box each time but surely this won't make people think they're getting a diferent question.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.