GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Planet of the Kongs"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/04/02 at 16:18
Regular
‘Wow, this is great!’ I thought. I was queuing up for the main event at E3. Star Wars: VR. I had been queuing up for what seemed to be like ages, when really it was only about 10 minutes. My turn was coming up soon. From what I had heard this was great. You had to put on the glasses and go into an actual spaceship. I was expecting it to be good, but nothing could of prepared me for what was about to happen.

‘Hey, your next!’ This man called to me. He told me to wait until the last person was out, and it was finally my turn. I walked slowly up to the X-wing. I put on my glasses and stepped into the ship. The man behind me then shut the door.

The Star Wars VR had started. I could hear the people outside waiting for what I was about to do. I was up and away. I saw some enemy ships coming towards me so I decided to start shooting. Before I knew it, a ship came from behind, and started shooting at me. I thought to myself to switch to turbo, and try to lose him. So, I did. I turned my boosters on and tried to lose him. What a mistake. The ship behind shot at me and got a direct hit on my wing. My ship spun out of control, and before I knew it I was heading straight for some strange planet. ‘GAME OVER’ came up on my screen, so I lifted up the door and stepped out.

To my utter surprise, I wasn’t even in E3 any more. I was in a jungle. I looked at the ship and wondered what had happened. The ship was about to blow up…KaBoom!! I stepped away from the ship and looked around.
‘Hello!’ I shouted.
I had decided to walk around and check out this strange, desolate place. As I was walking, I noticed the trees were moving. I also noticed loud music playing. I looked up, and saw lots and lots of tree houses, just in the trees. I stood there in shock, looking up. But, before I had time to move, I saw loads of what looked like apes. ‘Strange’ I thought. But it was not only one big one that jumped out of those tree houses, loads jumped out. I saw one with blonde hair and dungarees on, and one with a red cap and T-shirt on, and there was one really long arms and they all seems to be going to the same place, an old barrel shaped hut, with the words ‘Cranky’s Lab’ on it. It all seemed too weird.

As I turned to walk away, one of them saw me, and started calling for help, pounding his chest. I started to run away from them. As I was running I could see them swinging on branches trying to catch up with me. Up ahead I saw a saw cave, I thought if I got in there, they might not find me. So, I ran towards the cave, jumped into it, and as I looked out, I saw them swing by. ‘That was a close one’ I thought to myself. There was just a little bit of daylight left. I decided to try and explore the cave before all the sunlight ran out. As I walked thought it, it got darker and darker, so I decide to start to go back. But something caught my eye. I could see light ahead. A torch. It seems like someone was moving.

‘Hello, is anyone there?’ I shouted. No one answered so I decided to leave it alone. I turned around and it was there.

‘Show yourself’ I shouted. As he put the torch near his face, I recognised him immediately.
‘What, your a computer game character!’
‘That’s right, El Liquido. It’s a me Mario...’
‘How did you know my name?’ I asked. ‘You need the Internet, to know that name! You haven’t even got a computer!’
‘This planet was taken over a long time ago. It used to be full of ‘Games Characters, until the Kongs took over and killed of an entire race of characters.’
I sat down, took a few deep breaths, looked up and he was gone.

I woke up in the morning, and saw Mario they’re, looking up at the tree houses.
‘What are you doing here again?’ I asked
‘I had to leave!’
‘Likewise…’
I left the cave and started walking in the jungle, kicking the leaves, wondering how I got here. I remember being in E3, waiting to go on Star Wars: VR, when I finally got on, I crashed on to a strange planet, and so I must have actually crashed on a strange planet. Perhaps it wasn’t Virtual Reality after all.

I noticed that the trees were moving again. I heard the loud music again, and before I had time to move, two kongs had grabbed my arms and took me to their tree house. They shoved me into a cage, and started to chanting and banging their chests. A small Kong appeared with a red hat and cap on with a gun. He pointed it at me. I thought he was going to shoot.
‘Don’t shoot; I’m from a different planet. One far, far away from here!’
I realised they couldn’t speak English until one Kong came in.

As he walked in the tree house shook. He was massive, and he went by the name of Donkey Kong!

‘Who are you and where have you come from?’ He shouted
‘ My name is El Liquido, and I’m from the planet Earth!’
‘Send him to the dungeons, and keep him there till I say so!’
‘No, please don’t’ I called out. ‘Mario, help me.’

I was taken away and put in the dungeons. The Kongs have taken over the whole planet. I wondered how and what they did to the other games characters. I wondered whether Mario was going to come? He said I was the one what ever that meant? I was just sitting there, in a dark, dingy old dungeon with a Kong in front of me, waiting for DK to come and speak to me. I was nearly falling asleep, when I heard noises outside. I jumped up and saw Mario, trying to saw the metal bars that covered the windows.

‘You took your time!’
‘Heya, Sorry, I didn’t know where they had put you. We have to try to look for your ship and try and get out of here before anyone sees us.’
At that moment the metal bars dropped to the ground and it woke up the guard sleeping. He started chanting and pounding his chest. We didn’t want to wait and see what was going to happen so we ran. They were catching up with us. As they swung from branch to branch, they were throwing bananas at us. I was trying to remember where my ship was, and then I remember that it had disappeared. I was stuck here forever. As they came right up to us, Mario tripped up, and I stopped to help him up. One of the Kongs had thrown a banana and it had hit me on the head. I fell to the ground. Suddenly, the Kongs grew silent. They stopped swinging. I looked up and saw DK standing there.

‘BOW YOUR HEAD!’ DK shouted.
We bowed our heads and waited.
‘Who do you think you are? You’re not on your own planet now! You will do as I say.’
‘What planet am I on then?’

As he turned around, Mario and myself started running again. We ran outside of the jungle onto a nice beach. We carried on until we lost them.

‘That was a close one, hey El Liquido…Liquido, where are you.
I was on my knees, looking at it.

‘I know what planet this is, Mario. ‘
‘What planet is it, the?’
‘Earth.’
‘How could it be…?'
‘This is mine…’
‘What is, just tell me El Liquido!’
‘This N64 and Copy of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, this is mine!’

THE END
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:18
Regular
‘Wow, this is great!’ I thought. I was queuing up for the main event at E3. Star Wars: VR. I had been queuing up for what seemed to be like ages, when really it was only about 10 minutes. My turn was coming up soon. From what I had heard this was great. You had to put on the glasses and go into an actual spaceship. I was expecting it to be good, but nothing could of prepared me for what was about to happen.

‘Hey, your next!’ This man called to me. He told me to wait until the last person was out, and it was finally my turn. I walked slowly up to the X-wing. I put on my glasses and stepped into the ship. The man behind me then shut the door.

The Star Wars VR had started. I could hear the people outside waiting for what I was about to do. I was up and away. I saw some enemy ships coming towards me so I decided to start shooting. Before I knew it, a ship came from behind, and started shooting at me. I thought to myself to switch to turbo, and try to lose him. So, I did. I turned my boosters on and tried to lose him. What a mistake. The ship behind shot at me and got a direct hit on my wing. My ship spun out of control, and before I knew it I was heading straight for some strange planet. ‘GAME OVER’ came up on my screen, so I lifted up the door and stepped out.

To my utter surprise, I wasn’t even in E3 any more. I was in a jungle. I looked at the ship and wondered what had happened. The ship was about to blow up…KaBoom!! I stepped away from the ship and looked around.
‘Hello!’ I shouted.
I had decided to walk around and check out this strange, desolate place. As I was walking, I noticed the trees were moving. I also noticed loud music playing. I looked up, and saw lots and lots of tree houses, just in the trees. I stood there in shock, looking up. But, before I had time to move, I saw loads of what looked like apes. ‘Strange’ I thought. But it was not only one big one that jumped out of those tree houses, loads jumped out. I saw one with blonde hair and dungarees on, and one with a red cap and T-shirt on, and there was one really long arms and they all seems to be going to the same place, an old barrel shaped hut, with the words ‘Cranky’s Lab’ on it. It all seemed too weird.

As I turned to walk away, one of them saw me, and started calling for help, pounding his chest. I started to run away from them. As I was running I could see them swinging on branches trying to catch up with me. Up ahead I saw a saw cave, I thought if I got in there, they might not find me. So, I ran towards the cave, jumped into it, and as I looked out, I saw them swing by. ‘That was a close one’ I thought to myself. There was just a little bit of daylight left. I decided to try and explore the cave before all the sunlight ran out. As I walked thought it, it got darker and darker, so I decide to start to go back. But something caught my eye. I could see light ahead. A torch. It seems like someone was moving.

‘Hello, is anyone there?’ I shouted. No one answered so I decided to leave it alone. I turned around and it was there.

‘Show yourself’ I shouted. As he put the torch near his face, I recognised him immediately.
‘What, your a computer game character!’
‘That’s right, El Liquido. It’s a me Mario...’
‘How did you know my name?’ I asked. ‘You need the Internet, to know that name! You haven’t even got a computer!’
‘This planet was taken over a long time ago. It used to be full of ‘Games Characters, until the Kongs took over and killed of an entire race of characters.’
I sat down, took a few deep breaths, looked up and he was gone.

I woke up in the morning, and saw Mario they’re, looking up at the tree houses.
‘What are you doing here again?’ I asked
‘I had to leave!’
‘Likewise…’
I left the cave and started walking in the jungle, kicking the leaves, wondering how I got here. I remember being in E3, waiting to go on Star Wars: VR, when I finally got on, I crashed on to a strange planet, and so I must have actually crashed on a strange planet. Perhaps it wasn’t Virtual Reality after all.

I noticed that the trees were moving again. I heard the loud music again, and before I had time to move, two kongs had grabbed my arms and took me to their tree house. They shoved me into a cage, and started to chanting and banging their chests. A small Kong appeared with a red hat and cap on with a gun. He pointed it at me. I thought he was going to shoot.
‘Don’t shoot; I’m from a different planet. One far, far away from here!’
I realised they couldn’t speak English until one Kong came in.

As he walked in the tree house shook. He was massive, and he went by the name of Donkey Kong!

‘Who are you and where have you come from?’ He shouted
‘ My name is El Liquido, and I’m from the planet Earth!’
‘Send him to the dungeons, and keep him there till I say so!’
‘No, please don’t’ I called out. ‘Mario, help me.’

I was taken away and put in the dungeons. The Kongs have taken over the whole planet. I wondered how and what they did to the other games characters. I wondered whether Mario was going to come? He said I was the one what ever that meant? I was just sitting there, in a dark, dingy old dungeon with a Kong in front of me, waiting for DK to come and speak to me. I was nearly falling asleep, when I heard noises outside. I jumped up and saw Mario, trying to saw the metal bars that covered the windows.

‘You took your time!’
‘Heya, Sorry, I didn’t know where they had put you. We have to try to look for your ship and try and get out of here before anyone sees us.’
At that moment the metal bars dropped to the ground and it woke up the guard sleeping. He started chanting and pounding his chest. We didn’t want to wait and see what was going to happen so we ran. They were catching up with us. As they swung from branch to branch, they were throwing bananas at us. I was trying to remember where my ship was, and then I remember that it had disappeared. I was stuck here forever. As they came right up to us, Mario tripped up, and I stopped to help him up. One of the Kongs had thrown a banana and it had hit me on the head. I fell to the ground. Suddenly, the Kongs grew silent. They stopped swinging. I looked up and saw DK standing there.

‘BOW YOUR HEAD!’ DK shouted.
We bowed our heads and waited.
‘Who do you think you are? You’re not on your own planet now! You will do as I say.’
‘What planet am I on then?’

As he turned around, Mario and myself started running again. We ran outside of the jungle onto a nice beach. We carried on until we lost them.

‘That was a close one, hey El Liquido…Liquido, where are you.
I was on my knees, looking at it.

‘I know what planet this is, Mario. ‘
‘What planet is it, the?’
‘Earth.’
‘How could it be…?'
‘This is mine…’
‘What is, just tell me El Liquido!’
‘This N64 and Copy of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, this is mine!’

THE END
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:23
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
What????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:25
Regular
It's a story. Please post your opinions!
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:28
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
I know, it's just a bit confusing!

apart from that, it was really good.
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:30
Regular
For the uninitiated like you, it's loosely based on PLanet of the Apes, like your 'story' is loosely fabricated around Zelda
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
LOL. I like it very much! its a brilliant spoof!!!
i.luv.gamecube, what do you mean "WHAT??????!!!!!!!"
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:37
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
tphi wrote:
> LOL. I like it very much! its a brilliant spoof!!!
> i.luv.gamecube, what do you mean "WHAT??????!!!!!!!"

I didn't read it properly!!!*hangs head in shame*
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
i.luv.gcube, you dont mean you've NEVER heard of Planet of the Apes??? :-0
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:40
Regular
lol, nice style of writing it liquid
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:44
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
tphi wrote:
> i.luv.gcube, you dont mean you've NEVER heard of Planet of the Apes???
> :-0
of course i have!!!!!!! who hasn't, that wasn't what i was trying to say

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.