GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help me install!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/04/02 at 15:54
Regular
I've just got Medal of Honour Allied Assult and installed it succesfully. I started playing the game but then it crashed, so I restarted my PC. When my PC was on again I clicked the MOHAA icon but it didnt work.
I decided to un-install and then install again.
I un-installed succesfully, I went to install MOHAA again but different a window comes up differnet to the normal install window. It is still Install Shield Wizard but it says at the top of it:

Welcome,

Modify, repair or remove the program.
- - - - - - - - - --- - - - -

It then give me the option to modify, repair or remove. This is where I'm stuck! When I click modify it gives my a load of thing i can install, I installed them but it wasn't the whole game.

What is wrong?
Please help, please....
Sun 28/04/02 at 17:16
Ok Twain, I'll do that. If no luck I'll just take it back and get a PS2 game.
Its Windows 2000, its different colours because when I saved it on Photoshop it went like that, dunno' why...
Sun 28/04/02 at 17:14
Ok Twain, I'll do that. If no luck I'll just take it back and get a PS2 game.
Its Windows 2000, its different colours because when I saved it on Photoshop it went like that, dunno' why...
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:29
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
There is obviously a file hidden away on your system which isn't where the computer thinks it should be, if you know what I mean. I think your best bet is to manually search your computer, which may take up to several hours, and delete the references manually.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:26
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
???

What version of Windows is this? The interface is different.
Sat 27/04/02 at 23:50
Thats only part of it, the rest of it is deleted.
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:01
3.18Mb ..

Thats a bit small for a game :-/ ?
Sat 27/04/02 at 21:08
Here, this might help.
http://www.geocities.com/jasoncooperuk14/index.html
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:56
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Double R wrote:
> Tried... Is there anyway the comptuer can search it?

Whenever you delete a n item, it is never FULLY deleted. A temporary file is kept for later use in a hidden-away folder. Using "Find Files or Folders", perform a search for .tmp or .temp files. Because these files don't have programs asociated with them, you get the Windows icon, so you can't view them in detail, so try this and see if you can tell which ones link to the game and delete them. This is very tricky, though, and deleting the wrong ones can have very bad side effects, so take care.
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:37
Tried... Is there anyway the comptuer can search it?
Sat 27/04/02 at 19:44
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Double R wrote:
> It would appear that the computer think I have MOHAA installed on my
> PC. I've looked and I cant find anything to do with it on my PC, is
> there any place it could be hidden?

Try doing this:

- Click "Start" and go to Settings. Click "Control Panel"
- Click Add/Remove Programs.
- Search the list for anything relating to MoH and delete it.

Tell me the results.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.