GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ADSL Modem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/04/02 at 11:04
Regular
Just posted this in the SR Forum by mistake, but intended it for you lot, ops.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Is the 'Internal ADSL PCI Modem' (GG9853) a standerd modem which will work with most ADSL providers???

I'm intending to sign up with Pipex, but as the one being sold by SR is cheaper, I want to check it's compatible.

Thanks for any info guys.
Mon 06/05/02 at 11:43
ok I have had a look and I have found this site
http://cexx.org/rpc.htm

Have a read but it seems to be saying that if you upgrade your winsock
(availible at the Mico$oft site) it should work

As you deleted it I would d/l the new winsock and then reinstall the drivers and see how you get on.

Also try this link

http://cexx.org/rpcss.htm

Hope that helps

Dan
Mon 06/05/02 at 10:59
Hi chris
I have ordered now and I should be getting adsl in a week I ordered on the 3rd. I have to say I am not sure what the solution is to your problem prehaps format and install 2000 or XP. They will be more likey to understand the drivers better as they are based on NT technology. Also you could try looking for updated drivers as prehaps the ones you installed were beta ones. I have heard quite a lot about people having problems installing internal ADSL modems on varius forums so I ordered the external USB one even though the internal one will be slightly faster when you get it working.

I will have a look on the net and if I find anything I will give it to you tomorrow.

Regards

Dan B
Sat 04/05/02 at 18:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
The modem and software I got crashed and mucked up my computer badly. I can't acess the net anymore as whenever I open IE or Outlook, it just crashes.

Don't suppose anyone knows what an 'RPCSS' file does and why it won't run anymore??

As soon as I installed the modem and Software, I couldn't get into Windows, and was told that 'RPCSS' performed an illigal operation and shut down. Then windows just wouldn't load.

I went in safe mode and deleted the 'RPCSS' file and loaded up the machine, windows opened fine. But now if I try and open IE, Explorer Crashes, if I open Outlook or MSN it opes ok, .... I can connect to the net goint to the Dial-Up folder in My computer and using that one, but when I either try and log into MSN, it won't let me and if I try and Send/Check E-mail it crashes.

I really need the net now for my coursework, I've lost 4 days and need catching up.

Seems like I need an 'RPCSS' file, so can anyone tell me where to download one (I'm on my grandads machine now) or how to get it from the Windows CD. Guess the modem software buggered about with it and now I'm riping my hair out.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.
Wed 01/05/02 at 11:23
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just got the modem, with a littlw while box with a 'line', 'modem' and 'phone' sockets ... is this a micro-fillter??

I was under the impression that one wasn't packaged with the modem so splashed out an extra £10 for one from pipex ... so I wanna check if you think I could cancel that as I've got one??

Cheers
Sun 28/04/02 at 15:58
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Thats for the reply, I've got it on order :o)

ADSL in a week I'm told WOOHOO :o).
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:33
Regular
"waiting for 1950DA."
I have answered you but in SR, sorry didn't see it here
Sat 27/04/02 at 11:04
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just posted this in the SR Forum by mistake, but intended it for you lot, ops.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Is the 'Internal ADSL PCI Modem' (GG9853) a standerd modem which will work with most ADSL providers???

I'm intending to sign up with Pipex, but as the one being sold by SR is cheaper, I want to check it's compatible.

Thanks for any info guys.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.