GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What the hell do I do?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/04/02 at 23:16
Regular
OK im confused. Bear with me...

Last week I saw the 2 free games thing and emailed MS straight away claiming my games. It turns out I made the right move in not waiting for the updated list as it wasn't really worth it.

But now I have hassle.

I was told from someone on the forums that I should recieve email from MS conferming that my games and controller will be sent to me. Since then I have waited, and waited and still no email has arrived in my inbox. Did my initial email get through? Is it valid? Did I simply enter in my email address incorrectly?

Then I looked again tonight and it seams now you have to post proof of buying you xbox along with the application form. Again this is hassle.

So, do I wait a while and see if my first application form was sent through? Or do I send them another by post with reciept and run the risk of excluding myself from the promotion as they may think im havin a laugh and trying to score more free than I should.

They don't even clear up about if you have already emailed them. They don't state if you have to post another one as the first doesn't count.

Oh and a few more thing that are "annoying" me.

1-They don't state how long it will take for the games to arrive.
2-They changed the system. At first they said you only had to email them with the filled in application form.

Now they say you have to post them the form along with a reciept. Why did they change it? They should have kept it the same as now I don't have a clue whats happening.

Oh and I don't know if I even still have my reciept! And I do know however that my receipt had -£230 from the subtotal at the bottom as I had already placed a 150 quid deposit and the other 80 came from my traded in DC and games. This will confuse MS and I don't know if it counts.

Nothing is made clear on the website!

Mabye I should phone up the costumer services and confuse the guy on the other end even more than I already am.

Im not angry with MS, nor do I dislike my xbox anyless. I just HATE the whole manner in which this claiming procedure has been carried out.

Rant over.
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:55
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just ring up Microsoft. Thats what iam going to do, as I had my Xbox from SR, and paid a £20 deposit and then a 10% deposit for the loan of the Xbox and all the games.
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:57
I wouldn't worry Sega were like this when they give chu chu rocket away :) so dont worry my freinds
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:53
I have exactly the same problem, I sent mine on the first night the offer was available and they said they would reply within 48 hours with an e-mail the next day but they never did, I am going to ring them but I think that the games will be on the way and they said to me 21 days after I complained so I am not 100% sure!
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
The first email you sent will be fine. They will have recieved it, and your pack might be on it's way.

From Microsoft (another person emailed them to ask)

"Thank you for e-mailing Xbox Customer Care,

No need to resend anything. Your application is already in progress and any customer who submitted an application using the old form will not have to offer proof of purchase. The old form is no longer available.

Thank you,

Xbox Customer Care"

Happy now?
Sat 27/04/02 at 15:56
Regular
I know how u feel, i've got exactly the same problem, it SUCKS!
Sat 27/04/02 at 07:59
Regular
"BOSE"
i don't know what you should do here. if you don't send them another application form you're f##ked. if you do send them another form they could think you're taking the p!ss.
but they proberly will realise that the serial numbers are the same and only send you the one bunch of free stuff :)

about waiting. it takes 28 days for your games and pad to arrive
Sat 27/04/02 at 02:14
I can,t think .I saw two games one I want the other is so cool.But I figered it out.Tire to think realy hard OK.
Fri 26/04/02 at 23:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
OK im confused. Bear with me...

Last week I saw the 2 free games thing and emailed MS straight away claiming my games. It turns out I made the right move in not waiting for the updated list as it wasn't really worth it.

But now I have hassle.

I was told from someone on the forums that I should recieve email from MS conferming that my games and controller will be sent to me. Since then I have waited, and waited and still no email has arrived in my inbox. Did my initial email get through? Is it valid? Did I simply enter in my email address incorrectly?

Then I looked again tonight and it seams now you have to post proof of buying you xbox along with the application form. Again this is hassle.

So, do I wait a while and see if my first application form was sent through? Or do I send them another by post with reciept and run the risk of excluding myself from the promotion as they may think im havin a laugh and trying to score more free than I should.

They don't even clear up about if you have already emailed them. They don't state if you have to post another one as the first doesn't count.

Oh and a few more thing that are "annoying" me.

1-They don't state how long it will take for the games to arrive.
2-They changed the system. At first they said you only had to email them with the filled in application form.

Now they say you have to post them the form along with a reciept. Why did they change it? They should have kept it the same as now I don't have a clue whats happening.

Oh and I don't know if I even still have my reciept! And I do know however that my receipt had -£230 from the subtotal at the bottom as I had already placed a 150 quid deposit and the other 80 came from my traded in DC and games. This will confuse MS and I don't know if it counts.

Nothing is made clear on the website!

Mabye I should phone up the costumer services and confuse the guy on the other end even more than I already am.

Im not angry with MS, nor do I dislike my xbox anyless. I just HATE the whole manner in which this claiming procedure has been carried out.

Rant over.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.