GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Power DVD help!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/04/02 at 20:50
Regular
(My apologies on a topic unrelated to gaming)

I have the Samsung DVD/CDRW combo drive and a Voodoo3 AGP graphics card and everytime I put a DVD in and press play in Power DVD (software) it basically says 'This copy protected disc cannot be played with TV Output enabled' but I can't find any options to disable it grrrr, Is there a crack for it or an option I'm missing to get it working?

Any help will be appriciated.
res
Sat 27/04/02 at 12:58
Right, you need to either disable the TV out option (go into display settings and switch it off) or get another piece of software that will allow it. Most allow you to view it with TV out enabled (my version of Power DVD certainly does). So:

a) disable TV out in display settings

or

b) get some new DVD software, preferably downloaded off the net, so you're not wasting your money on something that won't work.

Good luck, and get back to me.
Sat 27/04/02 at 12:48
Regular
"YTS Primate"
Hi..
PowerDVD has detected that your graphics card has a TV Output and is set to on..

Look in your graphics card properties of your Voodoo 3 card by Right Clicking on the Desktop (Not on a Icon) and select "Properties". Hit the "Settings" Tab and then "Advanced".. Somewhere in here should be a way to turn off the TV Out function..

P.S you need to be running the drivers supplied by the manufacture to obtain the additional functions of the card.

Failing that go with Mystique
"Did you try jiggling the knob?"
Sounds good to me.
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Back For Good"
okey dokey :-)
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:09
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
Doh, i'll see if i can find anyhting out for you on monday when i am back in the office. Post a message in customer service forum then!
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:06
Regular
"Back For Good"
already tried. In the adapter settings for the video card it says it supports TV out, but doesn't have anything to turn it off :-(
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:05
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
Sounds like a copy protection feature stopping you from outputing the DVD to a video recorder and copying it. But it could also be a massive whitehouse conspiracy where George Bush wants you to believe that your PC doesn't work!
Fri 26/04/02 at 20:56
Regular
Try seeing if there are any updates from Windows Update for any particular DVD's....
Fri 26/04/02 at 20:52
Regular
Did you try jiggling the knob?
Fri 26/04/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Back For Good"
(My apologies on a topic unrelated to gaming)

I have the Samsung DVD/CDRW combo drive and a Voodoo3 AGP graphics card and everytime I put a DVD in and press play in Power DVD (software) it basically says 'This copy protected disc cannot be played with TV Output enabled' but I can't find any options to disable it grrrr, Is there a crack for it or an option I'm missing to get it working?

Any help will be appriciated.
res

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.