GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has anyone phoned this number ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/10/00 at 12:27
Regular
Anyone who has pre-ordered a PlayStation 2 should give one of these numbers a ring. You can find out if you will be getting a PS2 on launch day.

PlayStation Helpline #1 : 08705 99 88 77

PlayStation Helpline #2 : 0990 99 88 77

Let me know how you get on.
Fri 27/10/00 at 22:10
Glad that i could help.

I phoned the helpline again tonight, (i think that they are getting really pi***d off with me) and this time didn't get the spotty g*t in the corner. They told me that Sony are about to "speed things up" with their responses. Apparently there has been a lot of mix-ups at the retailers with the forms, so they (Sony) feel that they have to act sooner rather than later. Expect to hear within the next week or so.

They also said (un-officially) that there will be 500,000 PS2's available at launch.

If all this is right, i think i see a light t the end of this long, long tunnel.
Fri 27/10/00 at 21:15
yes! I rung the number you provided me with kieran and i struck gold.
I spoke to a very nice bloke who found my information on the computer straight away.
He said he would have a confirmation letter of my pre-order to me in 7 days.
Thanx very muck kieran!
Mon 23/10/00 at 12:01
Yeah so have Dixons, blah blah blah. Put it this way, there has been over 200,000 pre-orders currently made, and all the allocation has been taken up for pre-christmas, and those figures came from Sony. I seriously doubt that any company has ANY pre-Chrimbo pre-orders, but you are welcome to prove me wrong, it would make a lot of kiddies Christmas wishes to Santa come true...
Mon 23/10/00 at 09:36
Regular
"MSR Rules"
Apparently Toys R Us still have loads of their allocation left, well so it said in their advert in the Sun on Saturday.
Sun 22/10/00 at 22:32
Damo.

They all seem to have clammed up. Don't worry though, if you ordered on the 7th you should be ok.
Sun 22/10/00 at 16:20
Babylonian I know how you feel I got the same too- I found it so annoying!
Are theyre any nice people in the hotline? People that will release the info?
Fri 20/10/00 at 17:33
Are you a famous blues guitarist PeterG?
Fri 20/10/00 at 17:22
Regular
Babylonian

You just need to be a bit more pushy, say you have yet to receive any letters from them and see what they say.
Fri 20/10/00 at 17:22
Regular
Babylonian

You just need to be a bit more pushy, say you have yet to receive any letters from them and see ehat they say.
Fri 20/10/00 at 16:06
Babylonian.

Don't lose heart, sounds like you got the spotty prat in the corner doing his job "by the book".

Give them another try tomorrow. I just kept harping on at them. Most of the guys on the hotline are pretty decent, but there are a few w............ !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.