GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG's for the PS3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/01/08 at 16:10
Regular
"Hello?"
I've had my PS3 for a few months now but have not played an RPG game for some time. I love RPG's but haven't played a decent once since I had my PS2. Anyone know of any new ones coming out for the PS3 apart from Final Fantasy?
Cheers
Fri 18/01/08 at 18:35
Regular
Beats your five hour Disgaea-response time Grandad.
Fri 18/01/08 at 14:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
hmmm only 11 minutes til you showed up, not a bad response time, could do better though.
Thu 17/01/08 at 22:21
Regular
I don't think he did -_-
Thu 17/01/08 at 22:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
*slaps FM* you forgot Disgaea 3
Thu 17/01/08 at 17:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
P.S. If you go to uk.gamespot.com, click on the PS3 tab, then scroll down to near the bottom, there's a Browse Games feature that lets you browse by genre, that's where this list was compiled from.
Thu 17/01/08 at 17:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Currently you've got:

Oblivion (have this on 360, great game)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Enchanted Arms (have this on 360, great J-RPG)
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom*

Release Date TBA you've got:

Final Fantasy XIII*
Final Fantasy Versus XIII*
Golden Axe: Beast Rider
Senjou No Valkyria*
The Lord of the Rings, The White Council
Fallout 3
The Last Remnant
Star Ocean 4*
Alien RPG (working title)
Eternal Sonata (have this on 360, haven't got into it yet)
Elveon
Two Worlds: The Temptation (Two Worlds on 360 was buggy but great)
Rise of the Argonauts
Shin Megami Tensei (working title)*
Big Huge Games RPG (working title)
Dark RPG (working title)*
Project D*
Angel Rings (working title)*
Dungeon Lords 2 (working title)
Omikron 2 (working title)*
Master Project (working title)*
Makai Wars (working title)*
Untitled Obsidian/Sega RPG
Bumpy Trot 2*

* PS3 exclusive

Meantime, if you're desperate for RPGs (as I myself am seeing as my 360 died last week and is off for repair), still can't beat the PS2, currently playing FFXII, DragonQuest VIII and Rogue Galaxy.

If you're got the spare cash, 360 is worth picking up for Blue Dragon and Mass Effect as well as Fable/Fable 2, and their TBA list for this year has roughly the same number of titles on it with exclusives/non-exclusives in about the same ratio as the PS3.

I think one of the the biggest disappointments for RPG fans this year was Monster Hunter 3 getting canned.
Thu 17/01/08 at 16:10
Regular
"Hello?"
I've had my PS3 for a few months now but have not played an RPG game for some time. I love RPG's but haven't played a decent once since I had my PS2. Anyone know of any new ones coming out for the PS3 apart from Final Fantasy?
Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.