GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How the hell do you win Gameaday!!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 18:34
Regular
After writing 33 reviews and doing many posts on the chat Forum i was just wondering how you win gameaday, i always thought it was fake because they always seem to pick the same person, how do you win it?? i want to pick a gamecube game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 28/04/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Hmmm....."
eeeeerrrrrr, m.o.t, you have to put your pants on your head and run around the room singing tellytubbies until one of the staff feels like they have had enough of a good laugh for the day.

What did you think it was? Doing good posts or something?

sheesh

:D
Sun 28/04/02 at 22:01
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
well, i posted 4 reviews for games, on 4 consequtive days, and won on my 4th day.
now, the sort of ironic thing is that my review was for smash bros melee, which i have never played b4, although i do have the N64 version. to top it off, melee is the game i actually chose to win as well!
just goes to show how easy it can be to win, and it cant be a scam.
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:52
I won for a review of 24 Hour Party People, which I was fairly certain would win, but I wanted to get it off my chest for personal reasons. Very few posted replies, remember Quinty did, but it won. Thought I might win last week for a spoof to-Britney letter, but it didn't. I would like to know however where this Gad winners list is, if it even exists. Guess it's just a case of good original posting, not like the tripe on this thread.

*hoping to win GAD for his epic portrayal of long-suffering yet-to-win hopefuls*
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Cheat!
I dont mean copy or anything. I mean add cheats or hints, loads of them, 100+ and you will have a good chance.

Or get some regular/notable who have won many times to be a kind of mentor, to help you out, check reviews over etc.
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:47
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I won my first (and only) GAD a few days ago.
And it was for a DKR walkthrough that I wrote a while back that I forgot.
So try writing a walkthru (although the GAD is only £25, it's something)

Just keep trying! :)
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
At this point, I have been here for 430 days, and only posted just over 600 posts, and the single gameaday I have won was for a review of Commandos 2 which I thought was pretty crap - The things I put effort into always lose! Just post good stuff, no spamming whatsoever, and it does not matter how many reviews you have posted - if none of them are good enough, then they should not of won.
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:32
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Oh, will the lot of you shut-up {except the recent post which actually helped me}, know one understands what i'm saying i wasn't moaning i was just asking, i wrote 33 reviews what i thought were good and i put alot of effort in them so i thought i derserved a Gameaday, the lot of you don't care becuase you have won, how would you feel if you didn't. :(
Fri 26/04/02 at 10:25
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I have won twice in the few days (well 80) that ive been here - its not fake I can assure you. I probably thought of something every couple of days, and ive only done a few reviews, for which I won one. If your posting something serious Its always best to add some humour, such as the one mentioned below - I thought that was good. Spoofs are always good entrants.

Stop moaning and think of something useful that deserves a GAD. And remeber theres going to be very few times that you are the best person.
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:28
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Maybe you could read through some of the previous winning topics on the GAD Winners lists to get an idea of what sort of topics/reviews win.
Try to keep topics slightly light-hearted and make them as easy to read as possible with good grammer/spelling etc.

If at first you don't succeed, then try & try again. I've written some pretty good topics in the past that i thought might win, but they didn't, so it made me even more determined to write more original things.

You could write a spoof based on a game or a film using characters from the forums, an intelligent topic about current affairs, or something very original that might not have been thought of before.

E.g, I wrote a GAD winning post a few weeks back entitled "The Frankie Dettori Pizza". It linked the idea that videogame companies used well known celebrities to endorse or appear in their games, when the actual game wasn't very good, e.g David Beckham Soccer, Harry Potter etc.
This linked up with the idea that the pizza company was using Frankie Dettori to endorse their pizzas in a similar way.
I got the inspiration to write that topic whilst shopping in Iceland (the shop), so an idea can pop into your brain at any time.
When you do get a brainwave for a good topic, write down the ideas.

Hope that helps :)
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:10
Regular
"accidental superher"
try this: write something GOOD and worthwhile that is interesting to read!! that might be a start...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.