GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game boy advance! which games to get?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 17:05
Regular
I think that the GBA started off poorly with not many decent games coming out. I was so excited about getting the advance that i rushed out and bought loads of games. all of them turned out relatively rubbish! I first got JP3 DNA Factor. That was atotal and utter disaster. it was boring right from the off! The graphics were good and the sound was pretty good but the gameplay was so tiresome and hard. i got up the canyon level i think and then i decided it was time for EB to have the honour of buyin git from me! It would have been better if it had some decent guns and maybe a rocket launcher or something exciting! instead there was a knife, a stun gun, an electric thing and chicken drumsticks!!!! Chicken drumsticks!!! you had to throw chicken drumsticks at the dinosaurs! Lets have some common decency here! You didnt see alan grant or ian malcom in the films with a bunch of fully loaded chicken drumstivks! they had beefed up shot guns and rifles!
any way thats enough of that, i also got spyro seasons of ice which was just generally a failure! boring gameplay annoying worlds and pants music!
Then i decide it was time to change from the platformers and get some shoot em ups. i bought ecks vs serevr and doom. doom was alright but it was so dark! I couldnt see where i was going half the time! the guns and enemies were wicked though. that was probbably the best game that i got. ecks vs sever was really repetive! all the levels were the same and wherevr you went you always had to shoot fat men in blue shirts! the guns were good but that was abut it! Too boring all levels the same!

well now ive left my GBA on a shelf somewhere and its time for me to dig it out now ive got some more cash and shell out on the latest games! Now its up to you guys what I get! Im in too RPgs and i hear golden sun is probbably the best contender for this with breath of fire close behind!
Then there is adavnce wars which i have played but only very briefly! I thought it looked really good. Is the gameplay long and will it get me hooked?
Sonic was another recomended itme from alot of people! is the gameplay good? what do you rckon is it a must get?
Broken sword is supposedly awesoem and i would really like to know if thats worth getting! ive seen some one else playing it and they havent completed it yet. what do you think! i am in to point and click games along with crime so i think this might be the one for me but im not sure is it is worth it?
last one! Im a die hard star wars fan as most people in here know especially rasta billy shanks and edgy! I would really like to get jedi power battles but ive heard its too easy and the ai is rubbish? feed back requierd? whos played it and rates it!

well thats it, please tell me which ones are worth getting cos i really dont have a clue an dplease nobody posting anything saying" its up to you what you like and what you dont like, get what you wanna get and dont bother us!" cos I dont know what i like cos i havent played hardLy ANY OF THEM!
Thu 25/04/02 at 17:05
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I think that the GBA started off poorly with not many decent games coming out. I was so excited about getting the advance that i rushed out and bought loads of games. all of them turned out relatively rubbish! I first got JP3 DNA Factor. That was atotal and utter disaster. it was boring right from the off! The graphics were good and the sound was pretty good but the gameplay was so tiresome and hard. i got up the canyon level i think and then i decided it was time for EB to have the honour of buyin git from me! It would have been better if it had some decent guns and maybe a rocket launcher or something exciting! instead there was a knife, a stun gun, an electric thing and chicken drumsticks!!!! Chicken drumsticks!!! you had to throw chicken drumsticks at the dinosaurs! Lets have some common decency here! You didnt see alan grant or ian malcom in the films with a bunch of fully loaded chicken drumstivks! they had beefed up shot guns and rifles!
any way thats enough of that, i also got spyro seasons of ice which was just generally a failure! boring gameplay annoying worlds and pants music!
Then i decide it was time to change from the platformers and get some shoot em ups. i bought ecks vs serevr and doom. doom was alright but it was so dark! I couldnt see where i was going half the time! the guns and enemies were wicked though. that was probbably the best game that i got. ecks vs sever was really repetive! all the levels were the same and wherevr you went you always had to shoot fat men in blue shirts! the guns were good but that was abut it! Too boring all levels the same!

well now ive left my GBA on a shelf somewhere and its time for me to dig it out now ive got some more cash and shell out on the latest games! Now its up to you guys what I get! Im in too RPgs and i hear golden sun is probbably the best contender for this with breath of fire close behind!
Then there is adavnce wars which i have played but only very briefly! I thought it looked really good. Is the gameplay long and will it get me hooked?
Sonic was another recomended itme from alot of people! is the gameplay good? what do you rckon is it a must get?
Broken sword is supposedly awesoem and i would really like to know if thats worth getting! ive seen some one else playing it and they havent completed it yet. what do you think! i am in to point and click games along with crime so i think this might be the one for me but im not sure is it is worth it?
last one! Im a die hard star wars fan as most people in here know especially rasta billy shanks and edgy! I would really like to get jedi power battles but ive heard its too easy and the ai is rubbish? feed back requierd? whos played it and rates it!

well thats it, please tell me which ones are worth getting cos i really dont have a clue an dplease nobody posting anything saying" its up to you what you like and what you dont like, get what you wanna get and dont bother us!" cos I dont know what i like cos i havent played hardLy ANY OF THEM!
Thu 25/04/02 at 17:14
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Sonic Advance, Super Mario Kart Advance, Super Mario 2 (the new one) and Golden Sun!
Thu 25/04/02 at 17:18
Regular
Sonic
Mario 2
Mario Kart
Advance wars
Golden Sun
THPS 2 or 3
Id say more but my tea is ready
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:17
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
what does thps stand for! I cant think at the moment!
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:19
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, they both look ace on the GBA but I ain't into Skating games!
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:30
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
yeah good point bigman! Ive played tony hawks on GBa and Thought it was wicked and im not a greebo one bit! but i got brd of it after a while so i gave it back to my mate. still when your bord you can always go on that free ride mode!
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:36
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
There's only 3 games which you should get a the moment, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Super Mario World 2 and Sonic Advance!!!!
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:48
Regular
"Whatever!"
The only game you will ever need is Super Mario World!!
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:50
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Well said MattyBoy. 96 levels above your mates!!! Lifes a Game.
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Back in black"
Golden sun is possibly the best title to date, super mario world 2 is supposed to be cool. Sonic rules and Mario kart is also great fun!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.