GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Respect their authoritah!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/01/08 at 14:55
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Football.
At the merest hint of a card or in the event of a penalty, one thing can be guaranteed. A swarm of players rushing to crowd around the referee, harrassing and bullying them into what? reversing their decision? not going to happen, so pick your toys back up and jog on.

It`s understandable of course, referees are buffoons! Consistantly halting the game for minor little scrapes because the recipient has seen fit to simulate "what would happen if a vortex suddenly formed beneath me" and fling themselves into the air, contorted with "surprise" and "pain" all the while with one eye on the ref to see if their oscar has been despatched yet, but come now; we can`t blame the referees for that!

Unless "we" lose (unless you`re on the field - it`s "they", get over yourself) of course, in which case the ref should be banned, investigated, sodomized and tested for eyes. or perhaps something more subtle.. a nice social effigy burning mayhap? (i`ve been protesting about cricket for years as well, but for entirely different reasons)

All of which sends out the message that it`s ok to argue with and berate referees. Sadly all this does is serve to perpetuate the stereotype that all footballers are merely a cell or 2 ahead of the missing link, reverting to primal instincts to get their point across.

NONE of this is warranted or neccessary, if an official treats you in a manner you feel unfair, don`t make a scene.... make a plan. a plan so devilishly cunning that it shall go mostly undetected, despite being perpetrated infront of thousands. A plan that involves exposing these contemptable rule-nazis for the insignificant peons that they are. A silent protest that speaks more than a thousand voices...

.. in short, ignore their very existence!

like this

GAD me - i`ve done all the ground work, all you have to do is say yes :D
Thu 17/01/08 at 11:34
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Certai refs annoy me. Rob Styles for one. Turned a derby match (which all the agro was off the pitch) into a dirty game of football.

I agree with refs in general, but some let the power go to their head and pretty much fix games.
Wed 16/01/08 at 14:55
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Football.
At the merest hint of a card or in the event of a penalty, one thing can be guaranteed. A swarm of players rushing to crowd around the referee, harrassing and bullying them into what? reversing their decision? not going to happen, so pick your toys back up and jog on.

It`s understandable of course, referees are buffoons! Consistantly halting the game for minor little scrapes because the recipient has seen fit to simulate "what would happen if a vortex suddenly formed beneath me" and fling themselves into the air, contorted with "surprise" and "pain" all the while with one eye on the ref to see if their oscar has been despatched yet, but come now; we can`t blame the referees for that!

Unless "we" lose (unless you`re on the field - it`s "they", get over yourself) of course, in which case the ref should be banned, investigated, sodomized and tested for eyes. or perhaps something more subtle.. a nice social effigy burning mayhap? (i`ve been protesting about cricket for years as well, but for entirely different reasons)

All of which sends out the message that it`s ok to argue with and berate referees. Sadly all this does is serve to perpetuate the stereotype that all footballers are merely a cell or 2 ahead of the missing link, reverting to primal instincts to get their point across.

NONE of this is warranted or neccessary, if an official treats you in a manner you feel unfair, don`t make a scene.... make a plan. a plan so devilishly cunning that it shall go mostly undetected, despite being perpetrated infront of thousands. A plan that involves exposing these contemptable rule-nazis for the insignificant peons that they are. A silent protest that speaks more than a thousand voices...

.. in short, ignore their very existence!

like this

GAD me - i`ve done all the ground work, all you have to do is say yes :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.