GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony - Under Pressure..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 07:17
Regular
A week ago today, as you all know, Microsoft announced the £100 price cut in the X-Box. Then a few days later, Nintendo joined the all out price war and casually dropped the price of the GameCube by 30 smackeroonies.

If you think about it, that makes the PS2 OLD! OLD techology, OLD design and an OLD pile of rubbish. Now put it into perspective. Here we have a diagram:

MOST EXPENSIVE LEAST EXPENSIVE

PlayStation 2 (£199.99) ===> X-Box (£179.99) ===> GameCube (139.99)

OLDEST NEWEST

This makes the oldest technology more expensive then the new stuff! That's rubbish! So, with a little bit of luck, Sony will give in and drop the price of their OLD console to less than the X-Box: maybe even cheaper that the GameCube!...
Thu 25/04/02 at 07:17
Regular
"Brrrrr."
A week ago today, as you all know, Microsoft announced the £100 price cut in the X-Box. Then a few days later, Nintendo joined the all out price war and casually dropped the price of the GameCube by 30 smackeroonies.

If you think about it, that makes the PS2 OLD! OLD techology, OLD design and an OLD pile of rubbish. Now put it into perspective. Here we have a diagram:

MOST EXPENSIVE LEAST EXPENSIVE

PlayStation 2 (£199.99) ===> X-Box (£179.99) ===> GameCube (139.99)

OLDEST NEWEST

This makes the oldest technology more expensive then the new stuff! That's rubbish! So, with a little bit of luck, Sony will give in and drop the price of their OLD console to less than the X-Box: maybe even cheaper that the GameCube!...
Thu 25/04/02 at 07:26
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I think you'll find that Xbox is actually £199 in most places and that Gamecube is around £130 (SR price £135).
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:26
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
If you are going to post rubbish, at least make it accurate rubbish !
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:35
This is basically the same as the 1000 other threads about PS2 price, which is best blah blah.. just phrased differently.

The PS2 is a well known, well established, well marketed console. Sure, everyone is expecting a price cut sooner or later but no one knows when and how much, no amount of posting on forums and saying what everyone thinks will make a blind bit of difference.

At first, when Xbox price dropped so dramtically maybe it was interesting to see what people thought. Now it's old, boring and over repeated speculation.

BTW - Not having a go at you blahpro
Thu 25/04/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Brrrrr."
BIGMAN wrote:
> I think you'll find that Xbox is actually £199 in most places
> and that Gamecube is around £130 (SR price £135).

Sorry typing error!

I ment it's £197.99 at SR NOT £179.99...
Thu 25/04/02 at 22:28
Regular
"Back For Good"
At a guess Sony will drop the price to 150 around the release of FFX.
Thu 25/04/02 at 23:54
£199 £150 or even £100, makes no odds really. If the day comes that MS and Nintendo are daft enought to drop their prices again, I'll have one of each. The PS2 will stay in the lounge. GC in the kids room and Xbox in the bog :)
Fri 26/04/02 at 00:26
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
If Sony really do drop their price then I will be gobsmacked! I think they can afford to keep the price as it is at the moment without any trouble to their sales forecast.

As has been said before, their user base has been established over the last 18 months and with the games that are due out soon then I really do not see why Sony have to reduced their price.

Everyone knows quality when we see it and that's the reason why most people her have a PS2 looking back at them while they read this post!
Fri 26/04/02 at 06:47
Regular
Sony are marketing genius' - bar a few exceptions their decisions have been spot on. I think they'll take a 'wait and see' approach - if Gamecube and/or Xbox sell tons, they'll reduce their price. If they don't, Sony will keep it as it is, as there's no point being hasty. Simple.
Fri 26/04/02 at 18:08
"For the horde!!!!"
the ps2 is still selling very well so i don't think prices will drop yet

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.