GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hybrid, Snuggly, Loki, Monkey Man"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 00:27
Regular
Ok, I mentioned a rock band and some of you expressed interest.
Me and Hooplah are going down to a rehearsal room next week to play around and start to put riffs together and build songs.

Are any of you serious about this thing?
We have drums and a guitar.
We're after another guitar and a bass player, anyone that fancies taking vocals is welcome.

Name so far is The GMA (Guild of Mute Assassins - because it's rock)
We're not expecting anyone to show up for a good couple of weeks, we want basic songs before we start to get them going properly.
However, if you are interested then let me know because we are doing this thing.

Can tell you now that rehearsals will be once a week (unless circumstances force something else).
You gotta put the work in for the results.
Through playing in Parker, I've got enough contacts to get London gigs in decent venues once we're off and running (Dingwalls, The Barfly, Sound, Water Rats etc).
Most of my time is spent with Parker, that's my main thing because we're almost there.
However, I need my rock and there is a derth of decent dirty blues-tinged rock out there.

A massive gap in the market for a band willing to get back to being ROCK and not nu-metal or any of that other boy-band-with-guitar crap we're seeing all over the place.
Drinking, smoking, fighting rock.

Any of you serious enough to want this?
Fri 26/04/02 at 18:21
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
I emailed you too dude!
Thu 25/04/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:58
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Goatboy wrote:
> Email me mate and I'll give you the info

What's your email address matey?
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I would if I didn't live so far away. Maybe in the Summer when I've got about 3 months off Uni, but me and Snuggers' drummer is off Uni too so we might do something then (if they want to).
Thu 25/04/02 at 08:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Email me mate and I'll give you the info
Thu 25/04/02 at 07:59
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Aye. It's a long struggle, but one that makes it all worth it. We used to practice twice a week, but since our singer is at Uni, only able to do it once a week now. But, if you put the work in, you'll see it pay off.

GB - Just a quickie mate; we're looking at playing at some of the better London venues, although haven't got a clue who to contact about playing Barfly, Water Rats etc. We're playing The Verge and The Royal Standard, but beyond that. Nada.
Thu 25/04/02 at 02:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
To give you an idea of where we're headed for feel etc, download the following tracks for the area ("Stoner Rock" for want of a better genre):

Down "Stone The Crow"
Clutch "Sinkemlow"
Corrosion of Conformity "Albatross"
Kyuss "Demon Cleaner"
Sixty Watt Shamen "Beverley"

Powerful but not aggressive, heavy but not red-faced screaming.
That stuff is for posing fanboys in massive shorts and baseball caps.
Probably be best in the Essex area, as rehearsal rooms are nr Chelmsford for the moment.

Anyone that has a degree of ability and absolute faith and commitment to making this work is welcome.
Just no pansy time-wasters that are going to get disheartened because we haven't played The Astoria after 2 months together.
I have the contacts at venues and a studio where we can record stuff once we're at a stage we can go in and get down 3 songs in 5 days.
It's a professional studio in East London with all the facilities we'll need and the owner/engineer/producer is a massive Parker fan so I know we can get things done properly.

If you've seen bands play and wanted to do it, watched amateurs play half-assed songs and though "I could do better", well now's your chance to prove that.
Thu 25/04/02 at 00:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, I mentioned a rock band and some of you expressed interest.
Me and Hooplah are going down to a rehearsal room next week to play around and start to put riffs together and build songs.

Are any of you serious about this thing?
We have drums and a guitar.
We're after another guitar and a bass player, anyone that fancies taking vocals is welcome.

Name so far is The GMA (Guild of Mute Assassins - because it's rock)
We're not expecting anyone to show up for a good couple of weeks, we want basic songs before we start to get them going properly.
However, if you are interested then let me know because we are doing this thing.

Can tell you now that rehearsals will be once a week (unless circumstances force something else).
You gotta put the work in for the results.
Through playing in Parker, I've got enough contacts to get London gigs in decent venues once we're off and running (Dingwalls, The Barfly, Sound, Water Rats etc).
Most of my time is spent with Parker, that's my main thing because we're almost there.
However, I need my rock and there is a derth of decent dirty blues-tinged rock out there.

A massive gap in the market for a band willing to get back to being ROCK and not nu-metal or any of that other boy-band-with-guitar crap we're seeing all over the place.
Drinking, smoking, fighting rock.

Any of you serious enough to want this?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.